Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First "driver didn't see me" moment.

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT-09 Tracer
    Had a demented old dickhead change lanes on me round the Basin Reserve today. Fortunatly had predicted he might just do that and was covering the brake and had a planned exit. He got the universal sign language for "I'm not bloody happy"
    If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy
    I have a gas axe and a welder! What do you mean "it won't fit"?

Bike
    2010 Yamaha Scorpio Z
    People are just too complacent on the road.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilgh View Post
    People are just too complacent on the road.
    Precisely. To many habitual road users, minds not focused on the task in hand.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    If you ride in the center of your lane, it does not "encourage" others to take advantage of the spare space ... and get closer that you may feel safe with ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    If you ride in the center of your lane, it does not "encourage" others to take advantage of the spare space ... and get closer that you may feel safe with ...
    For shore, but their are plenty of places where you need to have observation of oncoming traffic which being centre lane may not afford. In my case I was in traffic approaching junctions right & left, a very busy petrol station on the corner & home bound traffic darting to & fro. To the right of my lane afforded the best place to see & be seen for traffic using the box junction which posed the biggest risk to me, I just did'nt check my inside mirror. A surprising lesson but no harm done.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    For shore, but their are plenty of places where you need to have observation of oncoming traffic which being centre lane may not afford. In my case I was in traffic approaching junctions right & left, a very busy petrol station on the corner & home bound traffic darting to & fro. To the right of my lane afforded the best place to see & be seen for traffic ...
    Yeah, I agree, sometimes you are damned if you do and damned if you dont. I have found myself doing something I obviously used to do when I commuted in the past, that is one of those ingrained behaviours you develop with experience. I am meandering in my lane, looking the right mirror, eyeball them in the middle and then attempt to see the left mirror. Not fast, just really gently and slowly. It surprised me when I noticed myself doing it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Thread Information