Thread: Forza 155z pit bike review

Bike
    04 KTM 125SX, 2011 155Z Pit Bike

Forza 155z pit bike review

Hi guys, here is the review.

I purchased the bike Forza FXR 155Z from www.nzmotorfactory.co.nz about 3 months ago, which is there Ready to race model and not to be confused with the Forza FMX series which are there lead in pit bikes.

I did some extensive research on the net on all sorts of pit bikes before making my purchase and found the FXR 155z to be the one for me.

The guys at Nz Motor Factory were extremely friendly and helped me as much as they could with questions I had, I mainly dealt with Frank but everyone there is very helpful.

As with most pit bikes these are made in China, when I picked it up I opted for the non assembled one as I wanted to build the bike from the ground up.

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Armed with a bottle of lock tight it was time to take every bolt out and make sure all of them had a nice dose of lock tight, I recommend doing this to any pit bike purchased, then you wont have any bits flying like most the jokers out there who take it for a fang as soon as they get it and then bitch about the build afterwards, just remember MADE IN CHINA! Another important part is to make sure everything that needs greasing, to take it apart and apply the grease accordingly.

The build is actually really good for what you pay and having looked at a Pitster Pro first hand I must say that Forza really have a great product for the price difference, great bang for buck value here.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

The Forza's suspension, brakes and engine are right on par with the Pitster Pro, the only thing I can fault it on are the clickers on the Forza's forks can feel a little mushy, but the Fast Ace rear shock is fantastic and works really well (as do the front forks). Forks have both compression and rebound adjustments which is great for dialing them in.

What really impressed me the most was the compression, MAN does that little engine have some compression for a little 155cc and almost sounds like a 250F, rated at 17hp it has plenty of punch, 4 gears on this little puppy are all up shift as most pit bikes, I recommend using Motul oil, drain it before you even start it and fill her back up with 900ml of Motul Oil, after that the gears should shift beautifully right through.

The frame is solid and has yet to show any signs of breaking, after doing all the jumps at dome valley I am actually very surprised that nothing has broken, one thing that was a let down was the foot pegs, when I assembled it the foot pegs were tilted upwards naturally and had to do a little bit of grinding to get them level but nothing major (Pitster Pro seem to have the same problem so must be a china thing). Another thing that was a let down was the tank bolt on the right hand side, the bolt was threaded and could be undone with my fingers, easiest way to fix it was to drill right through the frame and and hold the tank on with one long bolt going right through. The Alloy swing arm is super solid and cleans up very well aslo i must add, we actually run 2 different wheel size depending on which track we ride, for instance at dome valley we run a 17" front with a 14" rear as its a fast and chopped up track, but from smaller tracks we would run the standard 14" front and 12" rear, the swing arm has no problem adjusting to the 14" rear.

The controls are good, i much prefer the BMX style handle bars (which come with the bike) over Fat bars but thats just a personal preference, the grips are really good straight out the bat and the one push stop button works every time, and having gone through a few bike wash its still holding up great. The alloy 12" rear and 14" front are great and Maxis tires are also good but make sure to check the pressure in the tires before going for a ride tho as they can vary.

The seat is comfortable and the seat cover not super grippy but thats ok with me as i dont like them too grippy, its is also easily removable with 2 bolts on the underside, i added 2 oversized washers to them as i felt it would be better, up to you if you wish to do this.

The Good:
    Great suspension out of the box
    Solid engine
    Great brakes
    Very light
    Being able to run 14" rear and 17" front with no issues and easily i might add

The Bad:
    Little things like the foot pegs and tank bolt
    No rear suspension cover
    Forged kick start is a little hard to use as it slips away from you when kick starting.
    Carb is hard to tune as the screw in under it, but it works great after fine tuning.

Over all I think this is a great product and in my eye's would be hard to get a better bike for the price.

SPECS:
    Engine:
    -Z160/155Z engine (155.7cc) same as Pitster Pro LXR 155Z (US/AUS)
    -Mikuni PZ30 carb Japan
    -Performance aluminium fin oil cooler
    -Big bore alloy racing muffler
    -Forged Kick start
    - UNI Filter

Suspension:
    - Marzocchi replica adjustable front fork
    -Fastace rear shock
    -Forged aluminum triple clamp (racing use)
    -Alloy swing arm (racing use)
    -7075 Aluminium racing wheel

Controls:
    -Racing Pro Taper style Alloy bar
    -1/4 CNC throttle assembly (racing use)
    -One button stop switch (racing use)
    -Pro Racing Grip
    -Alloy gear shifter, fuel cap, chain guide
    -Maxxis racing tyre

Frame:
    -Steel frame
    -CRF70 geometry plastic & tank

Picture with the Monster Kit on
    Photobucket

Picture from Dome Valley Mx Park
    Photobucket

Riding video from Dome Valley Mx Park
    If a man is walking in a forest and no women is there to hear him is he still wrong?

Bike
    Review is finally done
    If a man is walking in a forest and no women is there to hear him is he still wrong?

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays
    Quote Originally Posted by Teava View Post
    Review is finally done
    Nice review

I think I would buy one after reading that.....

Hold on - I just did! In fact I like em so much that Im just waiting for my third one.

I have the Forza 230f PRO which is a full size bike. My honey rides a Forza FMX140 and Im about to buy a Forza 125L for the kids.

My review here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...the-common-man

I have to tell you all, as of August 2010 I am the appointed Forza dealer for The Waikato/ BOP.
    all the range will shortly be displayed on my website www.overthetopadventures.co.nz
    I will have demo bikes in most sizes and will be holding regular demo days at my track in Waihi.
    The bikes will be fully assembled (and loctited) by me at no extra charge.
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Bike
    Cheers mate!

all the best with the new business venture, did you deal with Frank?

Top guy really helpful.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Teava View Post
    Cheers mate!

all the best with the new business venture, did you deal with Frank?

Top guy really helpful.
    Yep dealing with Frank almost daily. Sunny and Austin are very helpful too.
    Its great to have the bikes here so that people can see them in the flesh. everyone is most impressed as soon as they see them.
    People just need to see them - then they realize that they are top quality

Bike
    Ive just got in a 140 Bigfoot demonstrator. - its a great bike, Im loving it!- come down for a ride and see what you think!
    Im totally pleased with the suspension and size. Im 5'8" and it is a great playbike for women and teenagers ! Ill post upa review after Ive had for a week or two.

Bike
    happy to say that the bike is still going strong have new graphics on will update soon

Bike
    2010 BSE 140
    Hey mate, i am very close to buying one of these forza 155z pit bikes. I was wondering if you still have yours and if so how are they holding up. I am currently sitting in the middle trying to decide whether to purchase one of these or a kx/yz/rm 85. From other reviews on the forza's the thoughts have been all over the place, so i was just asking for your advice on whether one of these would offer obviously not the same but almost the same grunt/acceleration as the 2 stroke 85. I am leaning towards the Forza as they are less noisey and apparently easier to maintain.

Thanks for any advice.

Bike
    97rm125
    i almost brought one of these but went with the 140 instead good value for money ive changed a couple of things on mine though since i brought it front sprocket went to a 14t ,splitfire lead with capacitor , did hd chain ,pirelli tyres , put a outawears prefilter cover onand smoothed out the inside of the carb inlet in to motor . looking to upgrade the rear shock atm as mine is toast going to go with a fastace like what yours runs

Bike
    crf70
    Hey guys. I am new to this website and to biking, I recently bought a honda crf70 to learn riding on which I have now got a feel for and I was wondering if a forza 125L would be good next bike.

Sent from my GT-I8190T using Tapatalk

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Sorry for the bump but can these FORZA's be fitted with a lighting/road kit?

I've been looking at the 155z motard on trademe for a while and think it'd be pretty cool putting it on the road for a fun commuter.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Sorry for the bump but can these FORZA's be fitted with a lighting/road kit?

I've been looking at the 155z motard on trademe for a while and think it'd be pretty cool putting it on the road for a fun commuter.

People have put road/motard kits onto MX bikes and got them registered before. So I'm sure it's doable. As long as you can get DOT approved tires in the right size, then you just need to find a road kit.

Thread Information