Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Three Strikes Protest Run, 5 May

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Its quite probable Steve that, there are approx 90,000 motorcyclist that have no idea who you are or what you have to say so that has to a quatifiable amount?
    Approx 3-4,000 active users on here, a percentage of them (those who voted for you on your recent poll) is a very small amount by comparison surely you would agree?...another quantifiable amount.
    Youbare just not reaching the greater target.
    Do you understand the concept of planting a seed Mark?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Needs to germinate Steve.

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Needs to germinate Steve.
    I would hazard a guess that not only has it germinated, but its taken root already, Mark.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    2000 A1 Kawasaki ZX-12R
    and when a seed doesn't germinate you have a few options, try a different strain of seed which may be suited to the prevailing conditions, change the prevailing conditions to suit the seed you are trying to germinate or abandon the seed altogether and try dairy farming

thing is if no one here, or only a few, pays any heed try a different audience, as opposed to a blanket generalisation try to choose an audience and test your seed theory out on them.. stop wasting your time on the wrong people..

the most successful companies are assisted in being started by people who don't care what the company does, but see the genius in the person trying to start it up.. find your venture capitalist and you will get your opinion heard far and wide, seems like the current people you are pitching your ideas to are not the right ones
    "oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?"

Bike
    None any more
    1. Did the 5 May ride ever happen?

2. If yes, how many people went?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Actually, the reality is that you, nor I, have any way of quantifying what my efforts may have produced over the years.
    Maybe we should ask sanitation if they can measure your output?

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Do you understand the concept of planting a seed Mark?
    There is a seed in there? Stop constantly tilling the ground and try less fertiliser. Breaking and burning the roots don't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post

No, Nil
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Smifffy View Post
    The thing is I haven't done any of those things. There are plenty of other groups that also do those things and pay no extra levies or charges at all.
    Me either mate, in fact I have hurt myself and cost ACC much money doing simple things like walking on my deck and opening pickle jars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post

No it was canned. Sadly I posted my thoughts prior to the announcement. I should not have done that apparently.

Good idea, bad planning, terrible day/time to choose, poor target to aim for = no support = cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Does anyone know if you can just buy the rego only and not the ACC charge if you can prove you hold equivalent ACC cover on another bike.
    As I understand it you can't. This is just one of the many things about the way ACC is implemented that is just plain wrong.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Thread Information