Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre '95?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Weeelllll, actually, yes, his ZX7 was a touch faster than the SRAD, on the road at least. Tho not much.
    You're a fucken gurl...........
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Haha, the 'blade was 20kg's lighter than a fat ol' ZXR750, that's what made it so revolutionary. A lil' more hp, a lot more torque, and 20kg's less to lug, if you wanna be up the pointy end you'll be spending up large on the 750.
    Yeh, maybe for minefeild, but I still reckon you'd be in with a good chance. But that's really the point, there's lots more competitive 90's bikes to pick from than 80's. The only real competitive ones are really the very late 80's models, or earlier one's with a shiteload of money tipped into them.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Guuuurrrrrrlllllllllllllllll

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Screw you guys, SB6 Bimota, easy 150+ hp with a few mods....light as too. 1994
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    d'oh, farkin' double post's..........

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Wog gurl.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Where's that bloody video from Taupo......
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    d'oh, farkin' double post's..........
    And farkin bourbons....god damn bourbon.........

Bike
    SV1000S K5 / FZR750/1040
    Yep, the aussies do have a pre'95 class (they call it pre-modern) and they were running it in the same race as the pre'89's at the Barry Sheene Festivall of Speed earlier this month.

There's a lot of time and effort that goes into setting up a new class and sorting the rules out, so if your interested, then come along to the NZPCRA and get it put on the agenda for the AGM (not sure if the date has been announced for this yet).
    In fact, why not put your hand up to be involved on the NZPCRA board, and then you can take on setting the class up yourself

Oh yeah, and ex WSB ZXR750 was kicking ass at the the BSFOS (and that's a hard thing for a Yamaha racer to admitt)

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    And farkin bourbons....god damn bourbon.........
    Ooooooooo, you're just teasin' me now.......where's that farkin' red rep button....

Bike
    Yamaha FZR 1000
    The PCRA of NSW cater for and run a Pre Modern class (pre 96) in Formula 1 & 2. They run in with P6 New Era (pre 89) and get 45 - 50 bikes on the grid at every round!

The 2010 Pre Modern F1 Champ runs a ZX7RR which is a fully blown Ex Factory World Superbike Kawasaki! A fast bike with a class rider!

The 2010 New Era Champ runs a FRZ 1000 which is an Factory Malboro Yamaha Dealer Team Superbike.

There is usually some close racing between the classes which makes for great viewing!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...we have been talking about adding this class to our club days...only talk... but no smoke without fire...as they say...there will be detractors, no doubt..

Bike
    SV1000S K5 / FZR750/1040
    Gidday there Nigel - this is the man who has Mick Doohans Malboro factory FZR, and man can he ride it!!!!!

Pleasure to meet you and your partner at the BSFOS, and I hope you'll get this side of the Tasman at some stage for some racing, and if you don't this year, we'll catch up with you at Eastern Creek.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Cheers Nigel. Good to know the classes are full up and providing strong entertainment.

I'd really love to race an SRAD gixxer in a competitive environment.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I really think it should be pre 1996 to allow the first decent gixxer that was released after 1986, but that's just 'cause I'm a Suzuki fan.

As a side note, a little birdie tells me that Anthony Bradford is coming back to race pre 89 on a dedicated race bike this time. Better get your shit in one sock proper Paul and Glen!
    Yes, I'm making progress on the bike, racing tail piece on the way from the UK and the motor will be being built for me in a few weeks, but it's still a way off from getting on the track.

I know it looks like I'm a complete Kawasaki nut, but I've actually owned more suzukis, and if I were to build whatI view as the ultimate bike for this class, it would prob not be ZXR750, as good as they are lol

Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Tell ya what i'd like to see, no good to you tho...is a pre 1000's superbike class. It'd be cool to see all the old 750's and sub thou Vtwins thrashing it out again.
    I think pre '89 has had it's day, it's time to move the bar forward a bit...maybe even pre '99....that's still 10+ year old bikes...
    Personally, I feel pre89 is just starting to heat up, all sorts of names and machines coming out of the wood work, Eddie Kattenburg was getting faster and faster on that FZR1000 he picked up. I hear Terry Fitzgerald is building a trick RG500 for the class, how I'd love to get on a bike like that and ring it's neck!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    It'll be good seeing Sugilite out there again. This time he won't be turning up, changing the tyres, racing then changing the tyres to ride home again.
    Yeah, my wife thought she was buying a van to get stock for her summer markets, looks suspiciously like a race transporter to me lol

Awww c'mon mate there's always clubbies for the square peg in round hole type bikes......but I reckon it would end up being a Fireblade benefit class, with a 17" front wheel and decent rubber they'd murder 916's and ZXR750's etc.

So has Anthony finally got round to chucking all that lovely TKA gear at his ZXR? Heehee, things could be heating up this Winter Series.
    Its a world superbike kit from kawasaki. The head is sposed to be really trick too.
    It is a way off being finished, maybe the 2nd half of the Actrix, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Pre89 has hardly even started it wasn't even a "official" class until not long ago
    your only saying that because the South Island bike shops have only just now received pre 89's as new stock

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Really? You got a short memory "Fanta pants"? How many WSBK championshipds did that Z7R win?
    Yep, just the one championship, but run under nz postie type rules, that model can go out to 850cc plus with a mish mash of pistons and rods from other models, and zx9R motors are pretty much bolt in. Sill won't beat a well set up 7/11 though.

Thread Information