Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre '95?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

Pre '95?

I've heard that there is now a class for pre 1995 racing in Australia, so I'm wondering who else would run in the same class here?

I really think it should be pre 1996 to allow the first decent gixxer that was released after 1986, but that's just 'cause I'm a Suzuki fan.

If this class started I'd be able to run my dirty RF and not be totally outclassed by good bikes in F1 at club rounds.

Anyone else keen/realised this section of KB existed?

As a side note, a little birdie tells me that Anthony Bradford is coming back to race pre 89 on a dedicated race bike this time. Better get your shit in one sock proper Paul and Glen!

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've heard that there is now a class for pre 1995 racing in Australia, so I'm wondering who else would run in the same class here?

I really think it should be pre 1996 to allow the first decent gixxer that was released after 1986, but that's just 'cause I'm a Suzuki fan.

If this class started I'd be able to run my dirty RF and not be totally outclassed by good bikes in F1 at club rounds.

Anyone else keen/realised this section of KB existed?

As a side note, a little birdie tells me that Anthony Bradford is coming back to race pre 89 on a dedicated race bike this time. Better get your shit in one sock proper Paul and Glen!
    Tell ya what i'd like to see, no good to you tho...is a pre 1000's superbike class. It'd be cool to see all the old 750's and sub thou Vtwins thrashing it out again.
    I think pre '89 has had it's day, it's time to move the bar forward a bit...maybe even pre '99....that's still 10+ year old bikes...
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    It always annoyed me that I couldn't run my 93 YZF750SP in a class for similar bikes. It would always end up in F1, which was a serious pain in the arse.

However some useless dickless fuckwit relieved me of that particular problem.

It'll be good seeing Sugilite out there again. This time he won't be turning up, changing the tyres, racing then changing the tyres to ride home again.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Awww c'mon mate there's always clubbies for the square peg in round hole type bikes......but I reckon it would end up being a Fireblade benefit class, with a 17" front wheel and decent rubber they'd murder 916's and ZXR750's etc.

So has Anthony finally got round to chucking all that lovely TKA gear at his ZXR? Heehee, things could be heating up this Winter Series.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    I think pre '89 has had it's day
    Pre89 has hardly even started it wasn't even a "official" class until not long ago

Everyone wants a class to race the bikes they own in, soon we'll have to have week long meetings to fit all the classes in
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Pre89 has hardly even started it wasn't even a "official" class until not long ago

Everyone wants a class to race the bikes they own in, soon we'll have to have week long meetings to fit all the classes in
    Lol, yeh...to a point. I just reckon the range of 90's bikes that are good to go without swapping wheels and completely shagged suspension is a lot better. BTW, I don't have a bike to fit these classes either.... but would be very tempted to get one again...
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I know that pre 89 hasn't been going that long, and I agree that pre 95 will be a blade fest, but no one pays any attention to Honda fags anyway, so it'll be the first bike home that isn't a CBR that gets the cred.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I know that pre 89 hasn't been going that long, and I agree that pre 95 will be a blade fest, but no one pays any attention to Honda fags anyway, so it'll be the first bike home that isn't a CBR that gets the cred.
    What about the ZX7? They were kickin arse in wsbk for years. The blade made f-all more power too, and I'll bet a 7R will give it a run for it's money anyday And the YZF 750 too. But that's sorta my point, the class would need the SRAD too ('96 on and easily as fast as the blade) then you'd have a great range of bikes to pick from.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    What about the ZX7? They were kickin arse in wsbk for years. The blade made f-all more power too, and I'll bet a 7R will give it a run for it's money anyday
    Really? You got a short memory "Fanta pants"? How many WSBK championshipds did that Z7R win?
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Really? You got a short memory "Fanta pants"? How many WSBK championshipds did that Z7R win?
    Only 1 from memory, or that may have been the zxr. But they held a shiteload of top speed records all over the place....so no lack of hp....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Only 1 from memory, or that may have been the zxr. But they held a shiteload of top speed records all over the place....so no lack of hp....
    Correct. Scotty Russel (Mr Daytona) did it on a ZXR. Top speed's worth fuck all son, you know that.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Correct. Scotty Russel (Mr Daytona) did it on a ZXR. Top speed's worth fuck all son, you know that.
    The point is they don't lack much in the power dept. My mates one was just over 120hp at the rear, and I'm pretty sure (old fella...memory lapses etc) the average blade (and they varied a lot from 1 to the next) was only around 129 at the rear. The blades were a bloody good allrounder roadbike, but the track is very different (as you well know )
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    The point is they don't lack much in the power dept. My mates one was just over 120hp at the rear, and I'm pretty sure (old fella...memory lapses etc) the average blade (and they varied a lot from 1 to the next) was only around 129 at the rear. The blades were a bloody good allrounder roadbike, but the track is very different (as you well know )
    And as YOU well know, I look very forward to throwing my SRAD up against your mates ZX7R.

Listen big (old) fella, when have you ever been overtanken on your SRAD by a ZX7? Didn't think so, I rest my case. They're crap.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    And as YOU well know, I look very forward to throwing my SRAD up against your mates ZX7R.

Listen big (old) fella, when have you ever been overtanken on your SRAD by a ZX7? Didn't think so, I rest my case. They're crap.
    Weeelllll, actually, yes, his ZX7 was a touch faster than the SRAD, on the road at least. Tho not much.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    What about the ZX7? They were kickin arse in wsbk for years. The blade made f-all more power too, and I'll bet a 7R will give it a run for it's money anyday
    Haha, the 'blade was 20kg's lighter than a fat ol' ZXR750, that's what made it so revolutionary. A lil' more hp, a lot more torque, and 20kg's less to lug, if you wanna be up the pointy end you'll be spending up large on the 750.

Thread Information