Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - Hyosung fuel pipe?

Bike
    2007 Hyosung Aquila GV250

Help - Hyosung fuel pipe?

hi there i have recently returned to nz and just had to replace the battery on my hoysung gv250 .....now when i reved it up for the first time it started ok then fuel started to come from the pipe that is connected to the fuel tank but at the bottom of the tube under the battery etc .....so now i have one tube coming from the tank and i have another thicker black tube coming from the engine i am sure these should be connected somehow but dont seem to see ho is there a part missing that connexts these 2 tubes together sorry i ama novis and have no manual to see how they shouold be looking

any help is apprecitade

marco

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    The one that comes out below the battery may be just an overflow from the tank ...

With the bike on the sidestand, try with the engine off, but ignition on .. to see if fuel still comes out. If none does ... start engine ... and see same occurs.

The tank will (may) have a vaccum switch at the tank outlet that will require the engine to run before fuel will flow.

Where the fuel is coming from ... may also be a carb overflow ... and a few taps on the carbs may sort a sticking float (most likely cause )
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike

how

how do i know what tube is what both are down under the battery etc the thin one seems to come from the top of the tank and the thicker one with the funny shaped end seesm to come from the engine and meets the other at a clip where they sit together

Bike
    07 hyo's were recalled with faulty petcocks IIRC
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    07 hyo's were recalled with faulty petcocks IIRC
    i did have the bike fully checked over before purchase and it ran well vefore i went back to the uk my dad had also been turning it over etc ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    The one that comes out below the battery may be just an overflow from the tank ...

With the bike on the sidestand, try with the engine off, but ignition on .. to see if fuel still comes out. If none does ... start engine ... and see same occurs.

The tank will (may) have a vaccum switch at the tank outlet that will require the engine to run before fuel will flow.

Where the fuel is coming from ... may also be a carb overflow ... and a few taps on the carbs may sort a sticking float (most likely cause )

ok ran through those things you said i now have fuel coming out front of the engine and still dripping from one of the hoses at the back now i feel it's in even worse shape

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marco77 View Post
    ok ran through those things you said i now have fuel coming out front of the engine and still dripping from one of the hoses at the back now i feel it's in even worse shape
    Dont panic yet ...

Front of engine .... ???

Fuel has a habit of finding low spots to flow to ...

DOES IT STILL RUN ???

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    how do i know what tube is what both are down under the battery etc the thin one seems to come from the top of the tank and the thicker one with the funny shaped end seesm to come from the engine and meets the other at a clip where they sit together
    The line I marked in yellow is most likely the tank overflow. The line I marked in red is most likely the main fuel line. OR the Vaccum line if your bike has one... (or just a Carb overflow) and if it does, there should be TWO lines from the BOTTOM of the tank down to the carburators...

You may need to look carefully to see ... or unbolt the back of the tank and lift it a bit to see.

Bike
    Dont panic yet ...

Front of engine .... ???

Fuel has a habit of finding low spots to flow to ...

DOES IT STILL RUN ???
    am to scared to turn it over there is alot of fuel been dripping

Bike
    The line I marked in yellow is most likely the tank overflow. The line I marked in red is most likely the main fuel line. OR the Vaccum line if your bike has one... (or just a Carb overflow) and if it does, there should be TWO lines from the BOTTOM of the tank down to the carburators...

You may need to look carefully to see ... or unbolt the back of the tank and lift it a bit to see.
    ok looks like there is 2 lines coming down from the tank "thin hoses" and the one coming from the engine you have desrciped is the thicker of the three

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ok looks like there is 2 lines coming down from the tank "thin hoses" and the one coming from the engine you have desrciped is the thicker of the three
    Two lines ... GREAT ...

The thick one YOU mentioned will most likely be CARB OVERFLOW ...

Petrol is like blood ... it doesn't take much to seem like a fucking LOT ...

Mop up as much petrol as you can ... give it a bit of time (half an hour) Move the bike to a petrol free spot ... Turn key on ... Let me know then if fuel flows ...

Bike
    Crashed it.
    I've yet to see a bike tank with an overflow. What they have is a drain surrounding the filler cap which is designed to free drain splashes of liquids, such as rain water (to prevent foreign liquids from entering the fuel tank when the cap is opened) or fuel when filling. That is usually a small diameter hose and doesn't connect to anything at the bottm - it free-drains to the ground. A larger hose going from the fuel tank to the carburettor will be fuel supply to the carburettor fuel rail. A bigger one again will be crankcase ventilation which goes from the engine (usually the rocker cover) to the airbox which is to draw gases from the crankcase and burn them. There may also be a small hose going from the carburettors to the back of the fuel tap - this is the vacuum diaphragm.

As you have a fuel leak, it's almost certainly the fuel hose from the tank to the carburettors.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    Crashed it.
    What I'd like to know is what's a 'funny shaped end'? Is that different to an oddly or strangely shaped end?
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    Crashed it.
    This may assist you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diagram_fuel.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	237416  

Bike
    Two lines ... GREAT ...

The thick one YOU mentioned will most likely be CARB OVERFLOW ...

Petrol is like blood ... it doesn't take much to seem like a fucking LOT ...

Mop up as much petrol as you can ... give it a bit of time (half an hour) Move the bike to a petrol free spot ... Turn key on ... Let me know then if fuel flows ...
    left it over night took it outside the garage this morning turned it over got more juice firing out the back but then started to run with me revving it then started to sound all good but then died on me ..... now i cant get it to kick in when am starting it i have been told it's the carb and i cant get it to anybody as i dont have a trailor any body know a reliable mobile bike mechanic in albany / north shore auckland

Thread Information