Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable levers?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by 4AGE View Post
    Yeah the auction says "CNC machined made with aircraft grade 6061-T6 solid billet aluminum".
    By my brief search pazzo levers are made from the same stuff.
    That doesn't mean shit sorry. There are still different 'qualities' involved.

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Not to mention the quality of the anodising involved. The Mlabel levers I had turned from black to yellow/brown after one summer.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by 4AGE View Post
    Yeah the auction says "CNC machined made with aircraft grade 6061-T6 solid billet aluminum".
    By my brief search pazzo levers are made from the same stuff.
    Dont get to hung up on the advertising mate lets face it oem levers are made from crap and all things considered do a good job eh.Theres plenty of so called "knock-offs" out there working as a lever should after years of use.People get well hung up on this quality thing with levers etc,jesus H its a lever.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Theres good stuff out there though for decent money,some of the branded stuff the price is

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Dont get to hung up on the advertising mate lets face it oem levers are made from crap and all things considered do a good job eh.Theres plenty of so called "knock-offs" out there working as a lever should after years of use.People get well hung up on this quality thing with levers etc,jesus H its a lever.
    And if it gets pushed ... or falls off the sidestand ... or prangs ... it's the first bit that gets bent.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    I'm sure you've come across incidents on the 'net of levers causing accidents, namely the cheaper knock-off's. On another forum I frequent a guy recently had his front brakes lock up immediately after fitting a cheap lever to his bike. The indent where the push-rod sits wasn't finished properly and after only a few miles down the road down he went. I rode a GSXR250R with a lever from a normal GSXR250 fitted that caused the front brakes to lock on me in the middle of the Moorhouse Ave overbridge, luckily I kept the bike upright. The lever was sold and fitted by the local dealer, they were aware it was from a different model, but everything looked fine.

So yeah it's just a lever. But when it controls things like the brakes, the most important part of any motorcycle, then it takes on a more serious nature.

I'm not saying all the knock offs are of poor quality, plenty of people have had no issues with them. But it pays to be aware of what you are buying.

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    I'm sure you've come across incidents on the 'net of levers causing accidents, namely the cheaper knock-off's. On another forum I frequent a guy recently had his front brakes lock up immediately after fitting a cheap lever to his bike. The indent where the push-rod sits wasn't finished properly and after only a few miles down the road down he went. I rode a GSXR250R with a lever from a normal GSXR250 fitted that caused the front brakes to lock on me in the middle of the Moorhouse Ave overbridge, luckily I kept the bike upright. The lever was sold and fitted by the local dealer, they were aware it was from a different model, but everything looked fine.

So yeah it's just a lever. But when it controls things like the brakes, the most important part of any motorcycle, then it takes on a more serious nature.

I'm not saying all the knock offs are of poor quality, plenty of people have had no issues with them. But it pays to be aware of what you are buying.
    For reasons like this i am in two minds about buying them.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    That's what happens when 'tards fit stuff. Brake levers need freeplay, simple. Any 1/4 decent mechanic would check that regardless of what lever he/she fitted.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    That's what happens when 'tards fit stuff. Brake levers need freeplay, simple. Any 1/4 decent mechanic would check that regardless of what lever he/she fitted.
    Totally agree. But it happens, and mostly only with the cheaper stuff. 'tis all I'm saying.

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    These are double the price:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-372310617.htm

of these:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-371822577.htm

Are the expensive ones just the same levers but called GPone?
    Or actually better quality ones?

I guess its hard to tell without someone buying them.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Ask him where they are made.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Ask him where they are made.
    Problem here is many of the $300 'name brand' ones don't state where they are made either and are quite possibly made in the same factory as the $80 ones. Only difference is a laser etched logo.

Plus they are all bloody knock -offs of each other now in design - just using a different market blurb!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Problem here is many of the $300 'name brand' ones don't state where they are made either and are quite possibly made in the same factory as the $80 ones. Only difference is a laser etched logo.

Plus they are all bloody knock -offs of each other now in design - just using a different market blurb!

CRG and ASV are made in California, Pazzo in Canada and the USA.

Yes the ASV site doesn't state where they are made but I'm told it is in California by one of their retailers.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 1st May 2011 at 01:22.

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    The guy selling those GPone levers say they are made in china.

Thread Information