Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K-Tech Suspension in New Zealand

Bike
    GSXR450

K-Tech Suspension in New Zealand

With in the next couple of weeks the New Zealand distributor for K-Tech suspension will be announced officually and open for buisness. K-Tech Dominate the racing market in the UK, and are especially active in the road scene over that way, so this in turn gives great base product for ROAD RIDERS.

Check out what Jason Disalvo thinks of K-Tech suspension on his Ducati in the USA race scene, growing into the USA market big time at race tracks
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    suzuki
    and who is it ?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Google finds them. Purdy website.
    Nothing for my ride, but RT has plans for that when I get the coin

There are a load of suspension brands out there unsupported in NZ and I only hope if you are bringing in a brand you're committing to it long term.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Sweet for 15 grand i can buy a new set of forks for my NC30

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Thread cleaned out by moi. Lets leave some suspension threads free of crap.

Bike
    GSXR450
    The announcement will be very soon folks. Someone has been making the the odd phone call to try and upset the apple cart, but the apple cart is actually stronger than this some one thinks.

Thanks MODS for trying to keep this suspension Thread clean

The product that K-Tech has is very very high quality
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    The product that K-Tech has is very very high quality
    Is this for the month of May?
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Is this for the month of May?

Please explain wise old OWL

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Please explain wise old OWL
    Just wondering Shaun, if this K-Tech announcement will be a short, or long term arrangement?

I seem to remember some time back, that Continental tyres were flavour of the month. Then overnight, the endorsements stopped and the new allegiance was with Pirelli.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    None
    Owl raises a relevant point that is true of any product distribution, consistency and loyalty. You dont sell one product today, then a competing product the next day and bag yesterdays product. Lets call that sentiment old fashioned ethics and credibility....plus youll never know if the product you have so callously discarded is sometime soon going to have a new product that is a ''must have''. Seen that happen a few times!
    It is of course a great head start for any company to have a great product, but that is nowhere enough in itself. A situation prevailed with another shock product a couple of years back, excellent product but where was the backup?
    Moreover its a land of false dreams if you think you can just bolt something in and go, that may have been true enough 10 or 15 years back but the bar has been lifted considerably. I happen to know the K-Tech distributor in Germany, hes doing well with it but also he is working very hard with it at trackside level with changing springs and internal settings etc. No different to what some of us do here.
    Those who attended most or all of the road race rounds were visually able to see the results of hard work on one hand and the disastrous consequences of indolence and disinterest in looking after all of ones customers on the other hand.
    This whole suspension game is very very hard work, its not possible to keep everyone happy all of the time but you have to be very prepared to try and do so.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    Various things
    Record-stuck

Bike
    GSXR450
    Just wondering Shaun, if this K-Tech announcement will be a short, or long term arrangement?

I seem to remember some time back, that Continental tyres were flavour of the month. Then overnight, the endorsements stopped and the new allegiance was with Pirelli.

well let time tell the story eh

Bike
    quite a few

LOL so true
    I call it like I see it. Don't take it personally.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonbeliever View Post
    LOL so true
    who are you planning on use to work on and install your suspension equipment Shaun?

I think their credibility with riders/racers will be your biggest stumbling block in NZ. there is no doubt K-tech is quality gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Owl raises a relevant point that is true of any product distribution, consistency and loyalty. You dont sell one product today, then a competing product the next day and bag yesterdays product. Lets call that sentiment old fashioned ethics and credibility....plus youll never know if the product you have so callously discarded is sometime soon going to have a new product that is a ''must have''. Seen that happen a few times!
    It is of course a great head start for any company to have a great product, but that is nowhere enough in itself. A situation prevailed with another shock product a couple of years back, excellent product but where was the backup?
    Moreover its a land of false dreams if you think you can just bolt something in and go, that may have been true enough 10 or 15 years back but the bar has been lifted considerably. I happen to know the K-Tech distributor in Germany, hes doing well with it but also he is working very hard with it at trackside level with changing springs and internal settings etc. No different to what some of us do here.
    Those who attended most or all of the road race rounds were visually able to see the results of hard work on one hand and the disastrous consequences of indolence and disinterest in looking after all of ones customers on the other hand.
    This whole suspension game is very very hard work, its not possible to keep everyone happy all of the time but you have to be very prepared to try and do so.
    I also admire old-fashioned ethics and credibility. They used to prescribe that one would allow the customers that were on the receiving end of indolence and disinterest to proscribe the supplier, rather than a business competitor.
    Keep on chooglin'

Thread Information