Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kawasaki Concours 1400

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    I'll never touch a Bridgestone or Pirelli Angel again...
    I feel your pain.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Putting colours to one side for a mo...

I was in at AFC today and they had a guy in with a brand new Connie with about 1,200km on it and some shredded Bridgestones! It will be very interesting to see how the PR3's go.

I've only got about 2k left in my PR2's so if you could get out on ya bike and rack up some serious miles it would be appreciated!

Attachment 241352
    Well just clicked 8k on the Connie, the first three were really light weight commuting and the PR3's looked as fresh as the day they were put on.
    Then a 5k trip around the South Island two up with full luggage saw the 'sides' of the rear tyre disappear leaving a very weird looking high in the middle with very deep scallops ridge and it was awful to ride. Pressures were all good 40/42. I know the SI roads are particulaly errr grippy but 5k!!

Anyway got a PR2 on the back now, have used them down there several times in similar set up on a GSX1400 and although experienced a greater wear rate never to this degree.
    Last edited by Kiwi Graham; 13th March 2012 at 07:54. Reason: cant spell

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    Well just clicked 8k on the Connie, the first three were really light weight commuting and the PR3's looked as fresh as the day they were put on.
    Then a 5k trip around the South Island two up with full luggage saw the 'sides' of the rear tyre disappear leaving a very weird looking high in the middle with very deep scallops ridge and it was awful to ride. Pressures were all good 40/42. I know the SI roads are particulaly errr grippy but 5k!!

Anyway got a PR2 on the back now, have used them down there several times in similar set up on a GSX1400 and although experienced a greater wear rate never to this degree.
    Hearing the odd disaster story about PR3's, next to no issues with the PR2's.. Perhap's newest is not always best eh...

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    I reckon the sides do wear more than the 2's but in saying that mine have about 9k on them (3k on those South Island roads) and the rear is just about done in the centre. Also not really enjoying the front end feel at the mo. Might get a bit more out of them but will also be going back to 2's...

My ranking so far would be (best to worst):
    PR2's
    Pirelli Stradas
    PR3's
    and hard to pick the worst from the original 'stones and Pirelli Angels. The 'stones were probably better but I shredded the front pretty quick.

Depending on pricing I could be persuaded to try the Z8's as Brian has done all right on one rear and got the same on at the mo. I tend to be harder on rubber than him though...

Bike
    Concours 14, S10

Bike
    None any more
    It's so black, even its white bits are black.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Hmmmmm.....
    I kinda like it but it really is a bit much.. It's got a Sargent seat on it I see.

Thread Information