Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: General bitch (oops, I mean discussion) about bikers thread

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I expect you to continue to behave badly. You should expect me to point that out to you from time to time.
    Your interpretation.
    I'll continue to believe that every rider carries the responsibility for how they ride etc, and in most crashes the rider will bear some of the responsibility, and in some cases all of the blame, for what happened. And I'll continue to say so.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    So, finally got the "word" on my accident. They fact that I was so messed up and my bike wasn't has left a lot of people very confused, SCU being part of that group. The newly accepted theory is that the sheep that took me out jumped at me and hit me in the chest and then landed on my head. Explains the rib injuries and smashed helmet I suppose and the fact my gear was more scuffed on the back than the front, despite me coming to on my front.

I'm still a fuckwit for not taking it easier after getting around a lot of stock on the road.

Speaking of bitching about bikers, when did Maungaraki become a Harley Haven and why the fuck do they have to be so loud and run so badly? I've ridden a lot of Harleys and none of them run as badly as a couple Softails that go backwards and forwards up Dowse Dr, sounding like a like a couple of badly shot up Messerschmitts about to smack into the English channel after being filled with Browning's finest .303 rounds. I'm starting to get pissed off at being woken at 6 in the morning by these inconsiderate bastards.
    So do you not agree with SCU, Jim? That sounds like one very angry sheep to charge you like that...

As for your new neighbours...how rude! You could always set a sheep on to them....
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    So, finally got the "word" on my accident. They fact that I was so messed up and my bike wasn't has left a lot of people very confused, SCU being part of that group. The newly accepted theory is that the sheep that took me out jumped at me and hit me in the chest and then landed on my head. Explains the rib injuries and smashed helmet I suppose and the fact my gear was more scuffed on the back than the front, despite me coming to on my front.

I'm still a fuckwit for not taking it easier after getting around a lot of stock on the road.

Speaking of bitching about bikers, when did Maungaraki become a Harley Haven and why the fuck do they have to be so loud and run so badly? I've ridden a lot of Harleys and none of them run as badly as a couple Softails that go backwards and forwards up Dowse Dr, sounding like a like a couple of badly shot up Messerschmitts about to smack into the English channel after being filled with Browning's finest .303 rounds. I'm starting to get pissed off at being woken at 6 in the morning by these inconsiderate bastards.
    Must have been a black sheep cause white sheep can't jump
    not often a sheep will jump high enough to hit a biker in the chest

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Sorry have been too busy with life lately.
    Whats happened since I was last here?

Was Katman expelled?
    Do we still argue semantics?
    Is it ok to not wave?
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    Must have been a black sheep cause white sheep can't jump
    not often a sheep will jump high enough to hit a biker in the chest
    Not often sure but chest high is no problem to a sheep. They do crazy unpredictable things at times...

Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Sorry have been too busy with life lately.
    Whats happened since I was last here?

Was Katman expelled?
    Do we still argue semantics?
    Is it ok to not wave?
    You have a life..???? KB isn't your life..????
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    1997 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by ynot slow View Post
    Can't be stuffed reading the whole thread,but my thoughts re bikers are own worst enemy,whose fault was/is the crash etc.IF you crash and don't learn from said crash,YOU are a bloody idiot.
    And yep the road conditions might be dodgy,i.e oil and rain,but unless the riding is at night you surely can see the slick to avoid,hence maybe rider error,no way getting at anyone who has crashed.
    I came through Manawatu Gorge tonight in dark,the road was wet,heaps of traffic making it difficult to see,but my intuition was to slow down,sure enough a few pieces of rock had fallen,managed to dodge and stay in my lane,but if I'd crashed was it my fault?For sure-as I wasn't able to avoid,maybe due to speed(nope,had slown down due to night etc),visibility(maybe,was showery,visor and oncoming lights),or inattention-bingo,not paying due dilligence to the road,was it an accident if I had crashed,not really,accidents are unavoidable,this scenario and many others are avoidable.
    Well said. Ocean 1 would prefer to carry on as usual, full speed ahead and fuck the icebrgs, and then get upset when people criticise his riding for 'causing an accident' online while he is in hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot slow View Post
    IF you crash and don't learn from said crash,YOU are a bloody idiot.
    If you see others crashing, and dont learn from them crashing, then to my mind, you are just as much of a bloody idiot. But apparently others crashes are none of our business.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history
    Calvin and Hobbes: The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that it has not tried to contact us.
    Its easier to apologise than ask for permission.
    Wise words:
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    It could be that I have one years experience repeated 33 times!

Bike
    1997 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
    Interestingly, a bus driver who rounded the corner soon after me claimed that many a rider had gone down in the same spot, why no one had reported it is beyond me.
    Probably bedcause they were all ego driven and reluctant to admit they had any part in the accidents- as Ocean would have it.

Biking is one environment where ego just doesn't fit. In order to improve, it takes the humbling realisation that
    - there are always better riders than you, that
    - you can always be better than you are now, and
    - only really discussing it without ego and with honesty about what you could have done differently, will you improve.

We are not adovocating balme at all. We are advocating NOT allocating blame ( to teh car driver, authorities, or anyone else - even ourselves). Just being honest about what we could have done differently ourselves.

I personally dont hang about this place to compare cock sizes with egomaniacs. I come here to try and learn from others mistakes.
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history
    Calvin and Hobbes: The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that it has not tried to contact us.
    Its easier to apologise than ask for permission.
    Wise words:
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    It could be that I have one years experience repeated 33 times!

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    You have a life..???? KB isn't your life..????
    Hahaha no not my life.
    With Jr on the way in a month there is a lot to be setup for the little spark. The plan going that he will have a life unlike his father
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Your recent reinterpretation of a perfectly straightforward and inoffensive question as something you felt you should resent tends to indicate, though that you indeed have a tendency to read what you want no matter the actual words presented.
    Pot/Kettle, my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    I'll continue to believe that every rider carries the responsibility for how they ride etc, and in most crashes the rider will bear some of the responsibility, and in some cases all of the blame, for what happened. And I'll continue to say so.
    Was in a rush this morning...and missed the oh so important fact that there will also be a few crashes (accidents ) where the rider bore no blame, nor any responsibility, although these happen much less often than some would have us believe.

Anyone who gets upset and crybaby when such as myself points out these simple facts...well...just who is it that has the problem?

And now that this part of my opening post appears to have struggled to an impasse, perhaps it's time to remind you lot of the second part of 'my gripe'....those who are unhappy with Bronz, Magnz, etc. Is there something stopping you from 'doing better'?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Who sells bronze mags?

Probably made from the division bell............
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Thread Information