Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia SXV 4.5

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450
    got it back from a 700$ service including a few fixes from ducati dealership and came out in mornng and it had dumped most of its motul oil on the concrete. wasnt very happy.

they were quick smart to come and pick it up and drag it back to the workshop. hope i get it back for this weekend.
    hi =>

Bike
    Vespa 550
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    got it back from a 700$ service including a few fixes from ducati dealership and came out in mornng and it had dumped most of its motul oil on the concrete. wasnt very happy.

they were quick smart to come and pick it up and drag it back to the workshop. hope i get it back for this weekend.
    Probably oil.....stupid ducati workshop probably overfilled it. They can be a bit hyper sensitive, if so they may have popped some of the oil seals between crank and gearbox. If you end up with all your engine oil in your gearbox (or coming out your breathers) blame them. If it was me i'd be getting my money back and buggering off else where. Too many sob stories from all round the world about know it all mechanics breaking these.

If your in Sydney i would only be taking my bike to Moto italia, asking for Dave Ward. Guy knows his shite, never heard a bad word and a man who knows what hes looking at on these is worth his weight in gold. Its a perfect, stunning motor when put together just right, and maintained just right, or else it can be an utter cunt.

If nothing else i'd give him a call and check he knows about this ducati crowds experience with SXV motors......

For anything race related from arai helmets, to sprockets and chains, XT Lap timers, HRC parts you name it, Kev can get it www.racesupplies.co.nz

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450
    ha im gunna edit this post. Lets just hope they resolve it .
    hi =>

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    No do tell!
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    Various things
    That was a quick honeymoon. Sorry to hear you're having issues with it.

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450
    no issues just poor service from a shop.

it does need to go in to have the block resealed, so im well aware it needs work. but im going to wait as long as i can and monitor the oil. seems the tell tail sign is milky substance (oil mixed with water) under the oil cap.

once the reseal and other updates are done, itll be solid. even with that work being paid for the bike is well under market value.

the story with the shop was they overfilled it so it was spurting all into the airbox (oil) and draining out the airbox drain hole over the engine and onto my driveway. they've cleaned it up and redone fluids and currently testing should have it back tomorow. hopefully they'll fit the cost to deliver it to me as well as the collection. its what i'd expect to fix the mess up.

not too worried anymore, and its raining cats and dogs here, cant wait for the next lot of riding. gurning already
    hi =>

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Dude it's a motard- half the fun is to be had in the rain...

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450
    tick tock tick tock. slowest ducati service centre in the world this one.
    hi =>

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450
    spoke to shop, told them they were taking the piss, collected bike, did work on it myself, no more leaks. took it for a 100km ride on saturday, was a real treat. Super stoked.

Rode to work this morning, what a bitch. traffic sucks even on a bike.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img0311ii[1].jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	243851
    hi =>

Bike
    Blog Entries
    nice pic lol?

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    spoke to shop, told them they were taking the piss, collected bike, did work on it myself, no more leaks. took it for a 100km ride on saturday, was a real treat. Super stoked.

Rode to work this morning, what a bitch. traffic sucks even on a bike.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img0311ii[1].jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	243851
    Nice. The starter motor in my car shat itself last week (on that really really cold day). Had to wake the 660 up from it's slumber and make my way into Wellington. I had never actually ridden towards town with traffic in rush hour before last week. Jeez I had really been missing out! Filtering through rush hour traffic is one of the most enjoyable things ever. That's where a motard shines. Carving up cages.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Nice. The starter motor in my car shat itself last week (on that really really cold day). Had to wake the 660 up from it's slumber and make my way into Wellington. I had never actually ridden towards town with traffic in rush hour before last week. Jeez I had really been missing out! Filtering through rush hour traffic is one of the most enjoyable things ever. That's where a motard shines. Carving up cages.
    Hell yes. Bad Driver in front? No problem, just wind the throttle and the torque is there to help you out.

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450
    Ive been riding to work,im not sure if you know sydney well, but i rode north bondi through rose bay, cross city tunnel to circ quay then up elizabeth street. total bitch 3 lanes of traffic zero room to split, 50 million hill starts, haha had me sweatin as a noob.

chose to use oxford street after that experience. straight as an arrow and zero traffic and a bus lane to coast in. thumbs up from me, enjoying the bike so far. uses quite a bit of gas and the tanks tiny. and takes about 4 mins with a tiny bit of throttle in the morning to warm her up otherwise she'll stall. other then that. brilliant.
    hi =>

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450

Thumbs up

bit of an update. bikes still going strong. just did the first oil change after 800km. filled it with motul 15w50 not cheap at 120AU for 4 litres. but does it make the difference or WHAT!

went for a ride about 200km round trip (ass felt RAPED!) up through the national park, long sweeping roads with fast corners, then small gravel roads with tight turns. was really really good fun. bike performed well, had the factory shift light set to 10k RPM, even though the bike does i think 13k? saw the light plenty of times, it was LOVING the fresh oil.

Anyway, 1200 kms into owning it, ODO currently on 5200, still using it as a daily commuter, trying not to get run down by scooters. but bike is going strong. and looking forward to more 30 degree national park runs for swims.

Learner and loving it on the sxv 450. perfect learner bike as someone mentioned earlier.
    hi =>

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    That's awesome mate!

Thread Information