Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland motorcycle riders.

Bike
    2011 KTM 350SXF

Thumbs down Auckland motorcycle riders.

It has amazed me after years of motor cross racing, recently starting out road riding the risks riders are taking on busy streets. I have been riding and learning street skills as best i can to enjoy a lifetime of motorcycle riding only to be left amazed at other riders around me! I can understand why we are being killed and
    why many vehicle drivers are against the way some of us ride. I could list many events seen but the truth is "the riders that are giving us a bad name" should be aware of the bad habbits that may one day cost them greatly. After driving past a BMW bike vs car on my way to work (Wairau rd) end of last week i was shocked at the damage of the car & bike and felt for the rider still on the road as i drove between all the damage and people trying to help.Only seconds after driving past this point a large sports bike heading towards the mess over a blind hill with the front wheel off the ground blasting past the traffic at very high speed made no sence at all. Honestly I hope that the next few seconds after your wheel stand was the perfect time for you to re-think of what may happen if you ride like a Dick in a busy area at this time of the morning, NOT COOL!

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzy View Post
    It has amazed me after years of motor cross racing, recently starting out road riding the risks riders are taking on busy streets. I have been riding and learning street skills as best i can to enjoy a lifetime of motorcycle riding only to be left amazed at other riders around me! I can understand why we are being killed and
    why many vehicle drivers are against the way some of us ride. I could list many events seen but the truth is "the riders that are giving us a bad name" should be aware of the bad habbits that may one day cost them greatly. After driving past a BMW bike vs car on my way to work (Wairau rd) end of last week i was shocked at the damage of the car & bike and felt for the rider still on the road as i drove between all the damage and people trying to help.Only seconds after driving past this point a large sports bike heading towards the mess over a blind hill with the front wheel off the ground blasting past the traffic at very high speed made no sence at all. Honestly I hope that the next few seconds after your wheel stand was the perfect time for you to re-think of what may happen if you ride like a Dick in a busy area at this time of the morning, NOT COOL!
    Yeah that guy isn't on kiwibiker.
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    wheelies are illegal
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    wheelies are illegal
    NO! They are NOT big or clever. Geeze TOTO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Saw the same thing with a Yellow Daytona today.

Not good

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    NO! They are NOT big or clever. Geeze TOTO!
    well they can be big sometimes
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    and cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Just curious, is there such a thing as "clever wheelie"?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    and cool
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Just curious, is there such a thing as "clever wheelie"?
    Where is Boomer when you need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzy View Post
    Wheelies at 20k umm the speed limit past an accident is still 20 k isn't it?
    You will find like minded people as yourself on this forum, let me introduce Katman , now that wasn't nice of me. What you describe sounds seriously frucked in the head. At first I thought it was going to be a rant about filtering or splitting but a wheelie at speed over a blind hill past traffic Katman would have my support in blasting that rider.

Bike
    2 stroke power
    Blog Entries
    Pop wheelies in the carpArk with open spAce so if u fk out then its ur own fault

Bike
    gsxr1000 k1
    it sucks but your gonna c alot more of it, stay outa bus lanes! i no we have the right to use them, but its like car drivers somehow check there left mirror even less than their right mirror, seen so many accidents along dominion and whiteswan where a car has turned into bus lane approaching a corner and taken out bikers. not cool

Bike
    2009, Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Auckland = haven for shitty riders/drivers. I don't know why, must be the silly city mindset in a small country.

Bike
    05 zx10
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Saw the same thing with a Yellow Daytona today.

Not good
    only people who cant do them think they are not

Bike
    2000 A1 Kawasaki ZX-12R

they're just as bad down here in the capital

I have seen some total eggs on the road in the capital, primarily it's the speed through traffic thing, the not stopping for red lights or running them as they change from orange to red and the riding across pedestrian crossings when the light is for the pedestrian and not the traffic.. but I have also seen just as many cars break the same rules.. however aside from the strip, and Fast and furious 1 and 5 I haven't seen too many car's pulling wheelies..
    I love wheelies, I just can't pull a wheelie to save my life and as such I love seeing them performed (especially off the lights across an intersection when there's next to no traffic), but there is a time and a place for everything.. I see the bad habits of some riders and the repercussions of those habits have left a lasting impression when it all goes wrong. But I have some bad habits of my own to address so I will not be throwing stones in what is ostensibly my own glass house :-)

Thread Information