Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visor wiping questions

Bike
    BMW R1200s
    I've found turtle wax ice to be the best stuff for keeping the rain off my visor.

Give it a clean and then polish with turtle wax ice.
    The polish is clear so it doesn't smudge and one application lasts a couple of weeks.

Cheap too. It's taken me over a year to use half a bottle and most of that has gone on polishing the bike and the car.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxCannon View Post
    It's taken me over a year to use half a bottle and most of that has gone on polishing the bike and the car.
    How does that work with fog? It has been foggy (very pea soup like today) and the fog does not "roll" off my visor, I have to wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    How does that work with fog? It has been foggy (very pea soup like today) and the fog does not "roll" off my visor, I have to wipe.
    Uhh yea you mean that really fine rain mist fog?

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    Uhh yea you mean that really fine rain mist fog?
    It is more like a thick swathe of light grey, wet shit, that floats in the air

Reduces your visibility to mere metres...
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Yeah, I have had a mixture of that and that Super light drizzle that is so thick you cant see a damn thing, big fat drops of rain I dont have a problem with, they more or less roll themselves off my visor, its that real little shit

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Yeah, I have had a mixture of that and that Super light drizzle that is so thick you cant see a damn thing, big fat drops of rain I dont have a problem with, they more or less roll themselves off my visor, its that real little shit
    Palm of hand on visor, wipe. Repeat every few moments. Where are the Hamilhole residents with their spin on fog?
    Nonono,

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    It is more like a thick swathe of light grey, wet shit, that floats in the air

Reduces your visibility to mere metres...
    Yeah I hate that stuff; even the rubber strip along my left glove index finger doesn't have much effect on that. It's like counting off following distances - a thousand and one a thousand and two wipe, a thousand and one a thousand and two wipe, a thousand.... until you're at your destination or out of Brigadoon.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quite a few MX gloves have a rubber wiper on the outside of the left thumb for wiping shit off your goggles.

Not that it works or anything....

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Maybe this is in the wrong section,
    But here in Dunedin its been real crummy and hasnt been raining heavily but it has been spitting heavily if that makes sense, I found I can wipe my visor with the small patch on the left thumb of my gloves, but I have to do it every 2 mins and after a while it stops working due to the amount of water on my glove, I found lifint my visor up a smidgen was enough to clear the water and give me some sight back, but the moment it closed the rain ran down the inside, which leaves me here,
    Is there any kinda of product that you can get/use to prevent rain build up on your Visor? I have some of that Rain clean gel that you use on windscreens but I dont want to use something that will mess up my anti fog visor (not a pin lock), that or any tips in the way of clearing my visor without it building up in the centre of my vision etc.

And yes before someone says it, Riding in the rain is a must as my bike is my mode of daily transport, Cheers guys
    didnt you buy some gloves not long ago, and ask me 'whats this weird bit' pointing at a wiper blade attached to the index finger of the gloves? . . .

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    didnt you buy some gloves not long ago, and ask me 'whats this weird bit' pointing at a wiper blade attached to the index finger of the gloves? . . .
    No? I dont have one Lmao,

your getting mixed up again there Tim,
    Go to sleep you crack whore

Bike
    The Black Pearl
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Pledge is your friend, the water just beads off....true.
    Helmet smells like granny's rocking chair but whats wrong with that?..
    I was never one to sniff granny's seat. Just eeeewww.
    Keep on chooglin'

Thread Information