Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Gravel Adventure Riding Club

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
    If I can get in before Hitcher the dots are supposed to be scattered all through the text, not all bunched up together.
    Well Ive just met SuzieQ in person. That lady is a bundle of energy. She got no time for fullstops.
    and the Nikau Caves Ride? Wet -but worth it!
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Bike
    DR650
    Well that was a wet one...but great to see 19 or so bikes turn out anyway. Thanks all!

Yummy DR sound

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewolf View Post
    Well that was a wet one...but great to see 19 or so bikes turn out anyway. Thanks all!
    Nice work going out yesterday, you all must be lots more dedicated than me.
    I heard that Iian was coming and woke up to the sound of rain, so I stayed in bed.
    Last edited by cave weta; 12th September 2011 at 20:46. Reason: removed embedded images

Bike
    DR650
    Not a KTM in sight - do they melt???

Lovely crop of DR's .... even AX's big bro a Dommie in go-fast red

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Great to meet you at the weekend. Hope your FREE dirtbike day this wknd is a good 1.

Quote Originally Posted by cave weta View Post
    Well Ive just met SuzieQ in person. That lady is a bundle of energy. She got no time for fullstops.
    "Nice to have you along for the ride at the weekend" Sorry will try to insert some fullstops somewhere along the way (promise) - Hows this then?. My first full stop. Oh crikey this is becoming quite addictive. OMG. Will be good to catch you up over the upcoming Coro Explore weekend. COLOR="paleturquoise"]Good luck for your FREE dirt biking day this weekend. Should be a good one.

Bike
    DR650

Upcoming events

Thursday 15th Sept - Closer to the Edge TT Movie Albany Cinema
    Format:Albany 6pm foodcourt, for...food. 6.50pm movie session. (Discount for club members 10 or more)

Saturday 24th Sept - Gravel riding mentoring
    Hosted by yours truly (and some proper riders).

This morning session is designed for those very new to gravel and wanting to upskill in areas like: standing and gear changing, off-camber corners, picking up bikes, turning in weird spots plus anything else we can think of.

Format:
    Meet Bombay BP 9.30am and head to Tuakau for some stationary drills and then some easy exercises on a quiet stretch of gravel.

Afternoon: if any are interested we head for some nice gravel in the area.

October 15/16th - Overnight Coromandel Explore
    Gravel Scratchers and Roadie Route offered so any with road bikes will do a scenic route and meet up Whitianga Saturday night.

Format:
    Meet Kopu Mobil service station Saturday am, ride til you drop (hopefully at Whitianga Mercury Bay), dinner at Cossie Club.

5-6th November - Rangitaiki Berm ‘n’ Trail Ride

Social trail weekend at Rangitaiki for those wanting to upskill and chuck your bike round some forest. Not quite ready for Trailblazer? We're having an easy 'Trailwarmer' for any riders wanting to build skills off-road.

Bikes should have knobbly tyres. For those with NON ROAD REGISTERED trail bikes, trailers can be parked at The Sandpit located down Napier/Taupo highway.

Format:
    Friday Night: Overnight Taupo Top 10 ph (07) 378 6860, Rangitaiki Lodge ph (07) 384 2800 or Rangitaiki Tavern ph (07) 384 2803. Meet up for dinner and lie-telling

Saturday am: Meet 9:30am at the Pumice Pit (map to come) for hour and 1/2 skill base training for newer people. (We will require experienced bods to assist as mentors please).

Novice riders will be paired up with an experienced rider who will offer skills and tips on various aspects of off-roading. We will use the Pumice Pit as a training ground

11am – Ride the berms up the Napier Taupo Highway thru to Rangitaiki Pub

Lunch: Rangitaiki pub approx 1pm

Saturday pm:
    Experienced riders will have guided forestry loops with Jim D and a TEC - as there are many wash outs thru there we will ride as a group and look out for each other.
    Novice riders will remain at Rangitaiki pub area and do shorter loops around and about the pub (are you sure Sue? We may be found telling lies at the bar!)

Saturday Night: Dinner back at Taupo end somewhere *updated
    Meet up for dinner (by this time we'll be lied-out and may have to make up some new ones)

* All riding levels are catered for - please stick with the group as we don't want bods heading off for their own reccie ride, the washouts should not be underestimated!

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewolf View Post
    Thursday 15th Sept - Closer to the Edge TT Movie Albany Cinema
    Format:Albany 6pm foodcourt, for...food. 6.50pm movie session. (Discount for club members 10 or more)

Saturday 24th Sept - Gravel riding mentoring
    Hosted by yours truly (and some proper riders).

This morning session is designed for those very new to gravel and wanting to upskill in areas like: standing and gear changing, off-camber corners, picking up bikes, turning in weird spots plus anything else we can think of.

Format:
    Meet Bombay BP 9.30am and head to Tuakau for some stationary drills and then some easy exercises on a quiet stretch of gravel.

Afternoon: if any are interested we head for some nice gravel in the area.

October 15/16th - Overnight Coromandel Explore
    Gravel Scratchers and Roadie Route offered so any with road bikes will do a scenic route and meet up Whitianga Saturday night.

Format:
    Meet Kopu Mobil service station Saturday am, ride til you drop (hopefully at Whitianga Mercury Bay), dinner at Cossie Club.

5-6th November - Rangitaiki Berm ‘n’ Trail Ride

Social trail weekend at Rangitaiki for those wanting to upskill and chuck your bike round some forest. Not quite ready for Trailblazer? We're having an easy 'Trailwarmer' for any riders wanting to build skills off-road.

Bikes should have knobbly tyres. For those with NON ROAD REGISTERED trail bikes, trailers can be parked at The Sandpit located down Napier/Taupo highway.

Format:
    Friday Night: Overnight Taupo Top 10 ph (07) 378 6860, Rangitaiki Lodge ph (07) 384 2800 or Rangitaiki Tavern ph (07) 384 2803. Meet up for dinner and lie-telling

Saturday am: Meet 9:30am at the Pumice Pit (map to come) for hour and 1/2 skill base training for newer people. (We will require experienced bods to assist as mentors please).

Novice riders will be paired up with an experienced rider who will offer skills and tips on various aspects of off-roading. We will use the Pumice Pit as a training ground

11am – Ride the berms up the Napier Taupo Highway thru to Rangitaiki Pub

Lunch: Rangitaiki pub approx 1pm

Saturday pm:
    Experienced riders will have guided forestry loops with Jim D and a TEC - as there are many wash outs thru there we will ride as a group and look out for each other.
    Novice riders will remain at Rangitaiki pub area and do shorter loops around and about the pub (are you sure Sue? We may be found telling lies at the bar!)

Saturday Night: Dinner at Rangitaiki pub
    Meet up for dinner (by this time we'll be lied-out and may have to make up some new ones)

* All riding levels are catered for - please stick with the group as we don't want bods heading off for their own reccie ride, the washouts should not be underestimated!
    November Ranitaiki excursion is in my back yard....should be perfect for the 690....do you know if its 950 freindly?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    I heard that Iian was coming and woke up to the sound of rain, so I stayed in bed.
    Me too, I awoke to the thunderous applause of the heavens and thought "I can spend the day wet or go and watch TT3D".

The movie was great.

Another time...... my requests: 6 hours of gravel and three stops to talk and tell lies.

Edit:
    November 5th is the Kaipara 200 run by Vege and his mates at Kiwi Rider, an occassion not to be missed. I suggest you reschedule the Rangiteiki ride and do this instead!
    Last edited by Crisis management; 12th September 2011 at 19:44. Reason: I need a reason?

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    Me too, I awoke to the thunderous applause of the heavens and thought "I can spend the day wet or go and watch TT3D".

The movie was great.

Another time...... my requests: 6 hours of gravel and three stops to talk and tell lies.

Edit:
    November 5th is the Kaipara 200 run by Vege and his mates at Kiwi Rider, an occassion not to be missed. I suggest you reschedule the Rangiteiki ride and do this instead!
    It was the 5th KIWI RIDER HAVE RESCHEDULED THEIR KAIPARA 200 TO THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Quote Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
    It was the 5th KIWI RIDER HAVE RESCHEDULED THEIR KAIPARA 200 TO THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND
    Thank you that came through very clearly.... KR haven't changed the date on the web yet, I will keep an eye on it tho.

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cave weta View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	297095_2179039589226_1043970407_2462547_330801211_n.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	246697

Suzieq busy schooling up two of our boys. They engrossed in it alll. Phew could see the smoke circling the caps of. Nice to catch you up El and ???. Sorry, toooo busy organising the boys. Ha ha looks like I guessed the secret name of ?????? Yes, you know who you are and now so do I. Good to catch up with you second ride now.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Thank you that came through very clearly.... KR haven't changed the date on the web yet, I will keep an eye on it tho.
    Yep, thought so too, but it is the following weekend, saw it somewhere....the 5th is my birfday, so I thought it would be a good way to celebrate Alas, I will have to see if there is something else? Oh, wait, there is...

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    They updated the date on their facebook page a few weeks ago.

https://www.facebook.com/KiwiRiderMagazine
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    DR650
    Rangitaiki will be a goodun, depending how many times I fall off determine whether I go fall off also at Kaipara

Bike
    DR650
    sure - big, small, bring em all

Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    November Ranitaiki excursion is in my back yard....should be perfect for the 690....do you know if its 950 freindly?

Thread Information