Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ANPR vans

Bike
    Honda,Black,Shadow 750

camera car

Yes it was the new camera cars the N/S cops are testing. There read your number plate and instantly MR Plod knows your name, licence number,Rego and warrant. If any of them are illegal your sprung.BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE if Mr Plod types a few keys he can check unpaid fines,arrest warants and any thing on all data bases.Past criminal histroy by type (eg burgler sex offender) Also keep a record of all the cars that pass that way and the time they did it. When they are up and running they generate enough work for 2 bike cops and 4 cars. I believe there is a cop car with one on it's roof.
    Regards Richard
    Growing old is mandatory Growing up is purely optional
    Retired teenager

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    With all this revenue gathering ... the goverment could BUY this country soon ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    They were doing huge trade in Manukau last week. The bakery they parked out front off were pissed off because when the vans there nobody goes in. Apart from me. All the cops watched me. Then backed off when they saw I was old.

Bike
    SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    With all this revenue gathering ... the goverment could BUY this country soon ...
    i dont think the iwi will sell it back...

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Quote Originally Posted by thehovel View Post
    Yes it was the new camera cars the N/S cops are testing. There read your number plate and instantly MR Plod knows your name, licence number,Rego and warrant. If any of them are illegal your sprung.BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE if Mr Plod types a few keys he can check unpaid fines,arrest warants and any thing on all data bases.Past criminal histroy by type (eg burgler sex offender) Also keep a record of all the cars that pass that way and the time they did it. When they are up and running they generate enough work for 2 bike cops and 4 cars. I believe there is a cop car with one on it's roof.
    If those are snapping away, and rapidly displaying names, addresses etc etc... is that not a breech of privacy? First I've heard of them, so I have no idea how they work.

I prefer it when they are only checking up on you when you've given them an actual reason to do so.
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Rider View Post
    If those are snapping away, and rapidly displaying names, addresses etc etc... is that not a breech of privacy?
    Unfortunately, from a legal stand point, you're in a public place so you're fair game.

This sort of crap really pisses me off. They claim it's in the interests of creating a "safe" society. But they seem to have completely missed the fact that "Big Brother" produces exactly the opposite. It is respect that creates the sort of society that's worth living in - respect for your fellow citizen and government alike. Being constantly watched by TPTB creates resentment and destroys that respect.

A CEO of a major US corporation was once quoted as saying that he'd rather have one employee in every hundred skiving off and doing absolutely nothing to earn their salary than have the rest of the work force constantly on edge from being watched.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Unfortunately, from a legal stand point, you're in a public place so you're fair game.
    I'm pretty sure if I stood by the road taking photos of people, doing what I can to grab details... the police would should up eventually, and ask me what I was doing.
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    Mine
    I'm pretty sure if I stood by the road taking photos of people, doing what I can to grab details... the police would should up eventually, and ask me what I was doing.
    Irrespective, it's still quite legal. It comes under the same law that the paparazzi use to photograh celebrities in their houses. As long as you're standing on public (or your own) property you can take a photo of whatever you like.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Time to deploy the RPGs.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2007, Suzuki DR650
    The Poms use these number plate recognition cameras to check for rego and the compulsory insurance that they have over there. No insurance, vehicle impounded on the spot.
    Does this mean we will have compulsory 3rd party insurance on all vehicles in the next year or so??? And Nick the Dick will be able to see if we are all paying our ACC levies?? Not a bad thing the insurance, but I don`t like the NPR camera idea.

Bike
    CB750
    Nothing new, they started testing this system about 2 years ago.Whatever you do, do not shine a laser into the lens of cheap CCD cameras.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bsasuper View Post
    Nothing new, they started testing this system about 2 years ago.Whatever you do, do not shine a laser into the lens of cheap CCD cameras.
    That would be the laser targeting device on the RPG launcher, yeah?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    fluoro mess
    frankly i prefer this method to the road block version where they check every car by hand, at least if you are legal you get to just keep driving. of course, the type of vehicles we want off the road (no warrant for 2 years etc) are usually owned by the type of people that already have no licence, and no money to pay the essentially meaningless amount of fines they already owe. picking up outstanding arrest warrants FTW.

should modify the car crushing laws to include those kind of drivers too IMHO.

just dont make eye contact.

but dont look shifty not making eye contact.
    Education not Legislation

Bike
    Triumph Saint,Triumph Adventurer
    If those are snapping away, and rapidly displaying names, addresses etc etc... is that not a breech of privacy? First I've heard of them, so I have no idea how they work.

I prefer it when they are only checking up on you when you've given them an actual reason to do so.
    What's been said already,,plus the Gov't is currently working at changing the privacy laws so that you "don't have any",,,,,all in the name of Gangs and money laundering of course.
    There's also moves afoot so that next time a police officer runs down an kills somebody on a back country road at night while texting,,or shoots some coconut on the motorway,or does a U turn an kills a bikie,,they will no longer be charged over it.
    The time is coming where people like Scumdog an Marty an the rest his mates will be seen as the enemy by far more than just everyday criminals.
    All civilisations in the past have imploded,,,might do some more reloading this weekend

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Road kill View Post
    The time is coming where people like Scumdog an Marty an the rest his mates will be seen as the enemy by far more than just everyday criminals.
    People like Scumdog will only be seen as the enemy by the truly ignorant
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information