Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Saturday morning ride (Auck Uni SMC)

Bike
    gsxr1000 k1

Weekly Saturday morning ride (Auck Uni SMC)

so 5 of us went out today (gsxr-1000, 636, 636, 636, zx10r) and had a mint ride even with a few set backs, and we decided to make it regular, so, this is the thread where people can
    -give ideas for future rides
    -confirm there attendance for a ride
    -check to see if there is ride on
    -organize bigger rides or week night rides.....

PEACE

Bike
    2006, kawasaki, zx6r 636 ninja
    was a bit of an adventure with the rain and the screw in the tyre, but was fun . Next sat I vote we go up to wellsford via the motorway and come back down via 16 towards hellensville. That is a great ride, hopefully it wont be rainy and nobody will get a tyre puncture.

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    Awesome, so glad there are some more of us youngins doing regular rides now. I don't have to put up riding with old farts any more!
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TIBLE_90 View Post
    Next sat I vote we go up to wellsford via the motorway and come back down via 16 towards hellensville. T
    that is indeed a good ride, not too keen for motorway though- plenty of twisties to get up there! also can come back through silverdale and riverhead for some quality bends.

Bike
    gsxr1000 k1
    Quote Originally Posted by racefactory View Post
    that is indeed a good ride, not keen for motorway though. plenty of twisties to get up there! Come back through silverdale and riverhead for ultimate bends.
    voice your alternative route up, im always keen to try new roads

Bike
    Blog Entries
    This would be a good 50km ride full of twisties starting at albany and winding down to a beach for some food. I don't mind leading at all if need be. It could then be at the groups discretion to proceed with what TIBLE_90 said and head up around that way.

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&so...3&z=13&via=5,7

Bike
    we dont have to take motorway, can go up to wellsford via 16, and just come back same way, just thought it would be better to do a loop than turn around and go same way. Plus there are some good twisties on the mtwy up north to wellsford, and you can actually get some speed. Plus youre 50km route takes us to a dead end...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Loop is good idea. Given that we're all students I'd like it if possible that we try not to take fast roads but rather real twisties that you don't have to break the speed limit much to corner hard as. Sub 100, knee down stuff is good and keeps the old bill off our backs. Some of those corners on highway 16 you have to take at nearly 200 to have any fun. All we need is one cop to ruin everyone's day- alas, been there, done that. Just my opinion anyway

Bike
    Loop is good idea. Given that we're all students I'd like it if possible that we try not to take fast roads but rather real twisties that you don't have to break the speed limit much to corner hard as. Sub 100, knee down stuff is good and keeps the old bill off our backs. Some of those corners on highway 16 you have to take at nearly 200 to have any fun. All we need is one cop to ruin everyone's day- alas, been there, done that. Just my opinion anyway
    Ah, very good point. That would def ruin the day, I've never had any issues with cops and speeding so far luckily. I just find the 50 zones dangerous to take corners fast in, since I was hit by a car in a 50 zone. so I would rather avoid them. I've always just kept an eye out for cops, but I suppose that would be harder to do in a larger group. Hmmm, what a dilemma...corners with knee down sub 100 vs cops. But I have ridden up the Northern mtwy lots of times and usually don't encounter many if any cops on those rides.

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Damn wish still had my gixxer!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Motorcycling- a risk no matter how you slice it lol.

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Showed my Dad Peak/ Old North/ Woodcocks Roads yesterday.... beautiful ride Not too long either for those with *cough* assignments *cough* due the the next day ><

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    This would be a good 50km ride full of twisties starting at albany and winding down to a beach for some food. I don't mind leading at all if need be. It could then be at the groups discretion to proceed with what TIBLE_90 said and head up around that way.

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=d&so...3&z=13&via=5,7
    Unknown roads are lonely track and albany hights rds. used to be all gravel in my youth,would be an awesome ride if they have sealed them.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Unknown roads are lonely track and albany hights rds. used to be all gravel in my youth,would be an awesome ride if they have sealed them.
    yea they have sealed them, pretty good ride but not very long at all and they go through neighborhoods

Bike
    Motorcycling- a risk no matter how you slice it lol.
    yea, i prefer cops over intersections and cars

Thread Information