Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 250 sports bike?

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    I've yet to hear a solid date on when this MAY (prolly will) happen.
    Ive heard from a cop around Sep...
    Prob late oct to be realistic

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    You lot sound like fkn Hyosung owners...talking up their pieces of shit.

250s are slow end of story (unless you manage to get a 250GP bike 100HP anyone?)

Hell even my 400 is slow.
    hahahah!!!!

+1000000000000000

love this guy

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    So stop going on about the CBR. this isnt a disscussion about whether or not the CBR is good. its a discussion about the hyosung or ninja or something similar i can buy new.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I can understand your frustration. I had a GPX250 and really enjoyed learning on the bike and found it easy to keep up with mates on powerful machines at reasonable speeds. I also really enjoyed the Kawa, it was easy to ride, economical and I had great service and support from Bay City Motorcycles Tauranga. I like the look of the new model and friends have enjoyed learning on the upgraded version.

I now ride another Kawa and would think hard before switching to another brand. Just a thought - if you decide to buy another brand when trading up then the Kawa will give you better trade in.

Enjoy the bike whichever you choose.
    +1

i love My zx6r
    Kawa generally make quality bikes

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy_mate View Post
    A reference to what? Expensive and a high maintenance bike where in fact that applies to any bike thats been thrashed, old or new. The turning point is mine hasnt been thrashed, ive been far too "soft" on my CBR so dont go shitting all over my posts.

In truth you didnt even need to mention my bike, it was the suggestions that annoyed me.

this isnt even worth arguing about quite frankly, So enjoy.
    Theres my 5 cents worth
    Its like getting gold from shit with you,
    You linked him to your KB bike trader, with YOUR bike, so instead of relinking it, its just as easy to say a bike like Westy's. Because after all, CBR's look like.. Well would ya know it? Your bike :O
    If I wanted to shit all over your bike I could and I would, and as for your posts, im simply explaining what you cant understand.

Back to the topic.
    Anyways,
    If your not looking long term then a 225 Scorpio could also be an option, I think some bike shops have them new? but they are pretty nice bikes to ride, and a little bit cheaper than the Ninja's and Hyos

Bike
    2012 Hyosung GT250R
    OK. When i say newish. i mean still under factory warranty. I want a factory warranty on my new bike so should something major ie power regulator or something fail its covered and doesnt leave me screwed and borrowing money to get it fixed.

Bike
    06 ZX6R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    You linked him to your KB bike trader, with YOUR bike, so instead of relinking it, its just as easy to say a bike like Westy's. Because after all, CBR's look like.. Well would ya know it? Your bike :O
    If I wanted to shit all over your bike I could and I would, and as for your posts, im simply explaining what you cant understand.

Back to the topic.
    Anyways,
    If your not looking long term then a 225 Scorpio could also be an option, I think some bike shops have them new? but they are pretty nice bikes to ride, and a little bit cheaper than the Ninja's and Hyos
    Really? is this really the angle your going to take? same word/double meaning, you are not worth my time or effort.

best of luck with the bike purchase mate

Bike
    2012 Hyosung GT250R
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post

Back to the topic.
    Anyways,

Really. Second person to mention a scorpio. I want a sports bike. I already have a a naked bike.

Bike
    AX100
    Quote Originally Posted by stifmyster1 View Post
    Really. Second person to mention a scorpio. I want a sports bike. I already have a a naked bike.
    Front page of the forums....scroll down to '250' club or whatever its called. Read the threads. Then research those bikes on the net and read more threads. One you have a shortlist, go test ride some and see what feels best.

Good luck.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Its more of a naked sports tourer than a cruiser like a Ginny, is why I mentioned it,

I test rode one of those Yamaha RS15's the other day, its a 150 but it was pretty fun to ride, will be a little out of your price though due it it been a 2011 plus its a 150 haha, sat at 100 very nicely though

Bike
    Superduke 990
    To be honest, there's not really much to choose from is there? I mean, if you are looking for a sport-style 250cc bike from the last say 3 years....

Kawasaki GPX/EX250 Ninja
    Hyosung GT250R

I think all the arguments for and against have already been made. Personally I reckon you've already made your mind up on the ninja

Megelli 250R
    Daelim VJF250

I doubt you want to pay good money to be a beta tester, so these two are probably out.

or new single-cylinder CBR250R

I know you said you didn't want an earlier CBR, but that review of the new makes it sound fairly appealing for your specs - but looks like you'd have to wait until July.

You probably need to consult the magic 8-ball.

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    I have a sneaky feeling the New CBR 250R will be somewhere in the 6k area in price,

But yah magic 8 ball may be the answer haha

Bike
    2012 Hyosung GT250R
    actually im more set on the Hyosung. Just felt, how do i describe it. More natural to ride.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    actually im more set on the Hyosung. Just felt, how do i describe it. More natural to ride.
    Probably the better bike then, you want something that you dont feel cramped sitting on and because you have been riding a Ginny the body positioning is a little different, you do get used to it though

Bike
    Superduke 990
    well - there goes my career as an internet psychic. I've never ridden one of the new 08+ ninjas, but I have had a blat on a Hyosung and it was a fun ride. I liked the size of the bike, made going back to my Spada feel like I was sitting on a toy. Plus there's a shit load of them out there, so parts are never going to be a problem. Ooooh - new bike excitement!

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    Nada

Announce

...then that is the right bike for YOU to buy, end of story

Thread Information