Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: All charges dropped

Bike
    YZF-R6

my 2c

I'm glad the fines leveled on OP were dropped, proves that you can and should beat them when they pull this crap

What surprises me is the reaction of some KB members who claim to represent the police, these people have been trying to push the blame around and twist the facts to blindly support all police (and failing to see that some of them are unfair toward sections of society or people they don't like)

What I would like to have read form these people is: "These are the appropriate phone numbers to get in touch with somebody who will investigate your allegations, we must do everything we can to better the public opinion of the police force by getting rid of these bad apples" or something to that effect.

These people accept anything a cop says because you should be able to trust the police, it is true they are a cross section of society just like anything else but I think the power the job commands attracts alot of these assholes and these people come across alot of temptation. I think these have likely driven that percentage alot higher than any of us would like.

I have been on the wrong side of some asshole cops in the past (I've seen friends go to jail on lying cops testimony also) and it ruins your faith in the police and the system

The biggest problem is the cops are spending all their resorces policing something that everyone does, so it takes alot of manpower to police. They should pull some of those resources to go after real criminals, the bottom 1% rather than the bottom 80%.

I have over the years been a victim of several robberies (a couple including assault too) a car theft and a home invasion among other things. This happens in society so I move on with my life but in most of these cases I gave the police some pretty solid evidence, that they never act on, the NSW police in australia used a robbery against me to get mine, my gf and all my flatmates fingerprints, told us they were for elimination purposes and each of us would get the originals back (I'll bet you anything my prints are on file in Australia) and in one case I handed the police a suspect and they told me they raided these peoples homes looking for my stuff. I have it on two indepndant, reliable sources that they did not.

For the record in pretty much any situation I wouldn't bother calling the cops if I need them, they tend to be mostly useless in my experience (except their presence is effective at diffusing alot of situations). I believe they are necessary to our society but they seem to be too interested in getting people in jail and giving out fines to bother checking that they have the right people. And the court system being impartial is a joke, if you don't have a jury and its your word against a cop (even if all the evedence points to your innocence) you are going to jail.

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushu View Post
    What surprises me is the reaction of some KB members who claim to represent the police, these people have been trying to push the blame around and twist the facts to blindly support all police (and failing to see that some of them are unfair toward sections of society or people they don't like)

What I would like to have read form these people is: "These are the appropriate phone numbers to get in touch with somebody who will investigate your allegations, we must do everything we can to better the public opinion of the police force by getting rid of these bad apples" or something to that effect.
    They don't give a flying fuck about the 'bad apples'. Sick culture. 'nuff said.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
    tell ya what boys if you want it even easier (or don't have the time) just ignore them. Been working for me so far.
    I used to fight them, regardless of guilt cause I sorta enjoyed it really (had I been any good at the England I'd probably be a lawyer right now .) But then more recently I found I didn't have time to piss round with scams so I just ignored them & it's been working quite well.
    I did the same few years ago had them go to my pay clerk direct and take out 50.00 a week, and wanted way more than that

So dont recomend that course of action , and when they do that not thing u can do

Bike
    Crashed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davereid View Post
    I pointed out that there are no demerits for speed camera tickets so nothing is recorded by the NZTA against his licence.
    They are seperate issues. I have no doubt that it is still linked to the drivers licence (or name if they don't have a drivers licence) of the registered owner that there has been a speeding infringement offence notice issued to them which was subsequently paid. Otherwise, what paperwork is he referring to here:

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    the tickets HAVE been paid by the actual person - courts dont care any more as the fine has been paid. But, the infringement is STILL on my drivers license. (it took a long time to decipher the near illiterate letter sent by the cops to me). Now I have to chase up the court registra AGAIN as they have not actioned my initial paper work to prove it wasnt me (the cops agree, but the courts havent done anything). way to go nz justice.
    If it wasn't for a concise set of rules, we might have to resort to common sense!

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Preload View Post
    They are seperate issues. I have no doubt that it is still linked to the drivers licence (or name if they don't have a drivers licence) of the registered owner that there has been a speeding infringement offence notice issued to them which was subsequently paid. Otherwise, what paperwork is he referring to here:
    Not by the NZTA. But the police infringement bureau may record it.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    Crashed it.
    NZTA administer driver licence records.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Preload View Post
    NZTA administer driver licence records.
    And NZTA record demerit points which they get from the Dept of justice. They have no way of obtaining or recording speed camera fines.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Thread Information