Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VMCC Round 2 -

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post
    Interestingly at the MNZ road racer's forum it was revealed that entry numbers for Suberbikes/600's in this years Nationals was actually UP !
    And this one fact, I believe, is what's responsible for the seemingly low entry numbers in this years Actrix series. A heel of a lot of last years competitors put their money where their mouths were and stepped up to compete at National level. Fucking good on them too. The trade off is that it costs an absolute FORTUNE do compete in the NZSBK series and there most probably just isn't the money in the bank for the winter racing unfortunately.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Green
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    And this one fact, I believe, is what's responsible for the seemingly low entry numbers in this years Actrix series. A heel of a lot of last years competitors put their money where their mouths were and stepped up to compete at National level. Fucking good on them too. The trade off is that it costs an absolute FORTUNE do compete in the NZSBK series and there most probably just isn't the money in the bank for the winter racing unfortunately.
    Or the fact that last year was a shambles

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post
    Well there are about 30 pre 89 bikes and about 10 F1 bikes in the current entry list.

I don't believe that the Vic Club discourages F1 bikes - we actually spent a considerable amount of time and discussion on trying to come up with ways of equalizing track time including things like running F1 and F2 together, having "bracket races" where bikes where lumped together by lap times. We eventually came up with the current scenario and F1 bikes are allocated a few more laps as they get them done quicker

The recent addition of BEARS to the F2 grid was done due to a low F2 numbers and some lobbying by BEARS riders. About 4 of them from the existing F1 entries, 2 from other classes and 1 that would not otherwise be racing (I think ?)

The low entries in F2 suggest that track time is not the issue as F2 bikes can double their fun quite cheaply.

I don't know what we can do to encourage people to move to F1/Superbike/
    The motivation for Guys like Choppa and Craig to do winter club racing ? Dunno I beleive that in 2009 when Stroudy did most of the winter series was because he really wanted to get himself sorted for the Nationals and the (then new) Honda team the same.

I know I personally would not want to race a superbike I can get enough adrenaline and sticky undies from my modestly tuned 675 ( not to say I wouldn't mind doing a few laps on one just to see what 180 hp felt like on the straight bits. )

I believe the clubs aspirations are quite high - and quite varied as are the club members - we all agree that getting youngsters into bike racing is a good first step.

The club's only real income is from the quite low membership fee and entry fees for Race meetings so keeping the club solvent is a major part of the exercise

So keeping the numbers up on the grid is vital - we would LOVE to add more superbikes but not at the expense of the rest of the club members. I don't know how many F1 racers there are actually in the club.

Interestingly at the MNZ road racer's forum it was revealed that entry numbers for Suberbikes/600's in this years Nationals was actually UP !

DISCLAIMER:
    Although I am on the Vic Club committee I hold no office and these are my personal opinions and NOT those of the Club.
    Good onya for trying to defend the indefensible but there are so many flaws in your justification/reasoning I can't for the life of me figure out where to start. Bottom line: nothing I say here is gonna make a difference.

All I'll say is Motorcycling Canterbury, and a bunch of successful Aussie clubs, make it work where nearly all other NZ clubs find reasons not to. They are just an email away.

Oh yeah, for what it's worth I think the Vic Club fees are a joke and monumentally underestimates the value most folks get out of the club. Seriously, $25 ($35 with later payment?) is a token amount. Do yourselves a favour and make it something more appropriate.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Good onya for trying to defend the indefensible but there are so many flaws in your justification/reasoning I can't for the life of me figure out where to start. Bottom line: nothing I say here is gonna make a difference.

All I'll say is Motorcycling Canterbury, and a bunch of successful Aussie clubs, make it work where nearly all other NZ clubs find reasons not to. They are just an email away.

Oh yeah, for what it's worth I think the Vic Club fees are a joke and monumentally underestimates the value most folks get out of the club. Seriously, $25 ($35 with later payment?) is a token amount. Do yourselves a favour and make it something more appropriate.
    Do you need a hug Spud......

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Ginga's hugging gingas. Nice......

Bike
    Green
    A grade (under 600 and over 600 scored seperate)
    B grade (under 600 and over 600 scored seperate)
    C grade (under 600 and over 600 scored seperate)
    Old bikes
    Small bikes

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
    Old bikes
    Small bikes
    Bingo

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Ginga's hugging gingas. Nice......
    Is tis a R18 website

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    I'll take whatever I can get from you, sweet lips!

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    I'll take whatever I can get from you, sweet lips!
    Does that mean you're done with that lovely missus of yours mate?

You really need to get off that rig..............god help the little lady boys that do the cooking out there

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    Does that mean you're done with that lovely missus of yours mate?

No, but who could resist Glen's pert wee arse? I've a fairly sizeable collection of photo's related to the subject if you need more convincing.

You really need to get off that rig..............god help the little lady boys that do the cooking out there
    Even with the limited real estate out here you wouldn't believe how hard those fast lil' fuckers are to catch! Believe me, if you manage to get your mitts on one you've blardy earned it.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
    Old bikes
    Small bikes
    Not a bad idea. Where were you when the MNZ President was being nominated?

Hey, anybody know how old Jason Easton is? Have we got NZSBK Superbike, Supersport and F3 champions all over the age of 40?

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Even with the limited real estate out here you wouldn't believe how hard those fast lil' fuckers are to catch! Believe me, if you manage to get your mitts on one you've blardy earned it.
    At least you shouldnt be short of any Lube.....

Bike
    2010,shitbox

Blah

Not a bad idea. Where were you when the MNZ President was being nominated?

Hey, anybody know how old Jason Easton is? Have we got NZSBK Superbike, Supersport and F3 champions all over the age of 40?
    I think you will find that Easton is the youngest F3 camp in 15years at 35ish i think , if you dont count the last time he won it .ha ha gr8 class for young kids to start to build ther skills for 19years or so befor thay win a race .

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike

Awe c'mon, start at the top

Also I wouldn't be so sure that things you say on here won't make a difference, as long as the discussion is polite I for one am prepared to be persuaded, and if we keep it going others may be persuaded as well, or contribute some new idea (or indicate support for an idea)

I guess it is hard not to come across as defensive when trying to explain the reasons for how/why some decisions are made.

Of course MY opinions/ideas I don't believe are indefensible

As for the club membership fees I'm with you - in the scheme of things that's a pittance compared to the cost of running a race bike, but not everyone that is a club member races and a lot of those that do race have much tighter budgets ( which may be one of the reasons that old 400's are so popular )

I have raced at SOT where "bracket" races are the norm and it worked bloody well I thought and lobbied for that format.
    Of course the tradition is for race classes to be dictated by engine capacity, and once upon a time that was the only criteria. Over the hundred or so years that people have raced bikes however things have got a LOT more complicated, rules have been created, dropped, bent and broken for all sorts of reasons that include pride, profit, and sheer spitefulness.

I'd like to think the current Vic Club ones support the MNZ aims of making motorcycle racing Safe, Fun and Fair.

Just so we don't loose sight of what the club is about below is an extract from the constitution.

The objects of the Club shall be:

2.1 To promote motorcycling in the community by providing mechanical facilities, special functions, and outdoor activities and all other activities which will promote motorcycling in the community.

2.2 To participate in competitive motorcycling and to provide such events.

2.3 To promote good fellowship amongst its members, members of other clubs and members of the community.

So if anybody is still reading this after wading through all of that:

• How can Vic Club make the Winter Series more attractive to Superbike racers ?
    • Should Vic Club even TRY to do the above ?
    • How much does cost play in Superbike racers decision to do the series or not ?
    • If cost is a big factor - where is the cost and how can the Club help reduce that ?
    • If cost is not a factor what are the drivers for those that DO enter ?

• Practice/setup for the nats ?
    • Just doing skids ?
    • Some other reason ?
    • If cost is not a factor what stops people doing the series ?

• Too cold ?
    • Don't want to practice "going slow" ?
    • Not enough laps ?
    • Not enough competition ?
    • Too much competition - don't want to get beaten by a 600 ? ( not me obviously )

Round 2 Entries

Streetstock 7 entries
    Production Light 4 entries
    Mini Lite 250 5 entries

Derek Hill F2 12 entries
    BEARs 13 entries

F1 20 entries

Pre 89 Senior 8 entries
    Pre 89 Junior 19 entries

Owen Brunton Superlite 15 entries
    ProTwin 6 entries
    MotoGP125 1 entries

Clubmans 11 entries

Total 121

#include "disclaimer.h"
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Thread Information