Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: VMCC Round 2 -

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki21 View Post
    Tis normal for a standard motor to seize aye Billy!
    Fucken better be with the number of standard RG motors Malcolm and I have seized between us!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    suzuki
    A lot off people have the impression that we can easily foster our youngsters to get on the world stage. We can help them with skill level and how to approach viable sponsors (except Jadden he would be better to say nothing as he has a potty mouth and would be better to stand still looking dumb like an F1 rider with 56 on his bike) This is the easy part as unfortunately the next level cant happen unless large sums of money are put up to BUY a ride.
    A good example talent dosnt win seats is Scott Dixon, I think it was 3 million he had to stump up, and he was at the front in no time. I also recall Mr Slight was going to be in GP but someone else brought money in to the team and it was bye bye Slighty. New Zealand is too small a market for a manufacturer to think "lets get a NZ lad so we can sell 3 more bikes over in that country that people think is off the coast of India"
    Its all about sales volume and marketing, thats why third world countries like Brazil Turkey etc have huge car markets and...........F1 drivers. Colin Edwards got the HRC/Castrol WSBK ride because Castrol was a poor seller in the USA, so they needed a Yank on board and yes sales went up accordingly. NZ is only half the population of london so people need to be realistic WE NEED TO RAISE CASH FOR OUR LADS.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post
    Fucken better be with the number of standard RG motors Malcolm and I have seized between us!
    Billy was probably dynoing guttered out chambers and leaned it out because of his illegal airbox and higher compression.

Bike
    Goose
    Billy was probably dynoing guttered out chambers and leaned it out because of his illegal airbox and higher compression.
    Sounds about right. I heard that, that is the only way he can go so fast.....

Bike
    suzuki
    Him only weighing 10kg might have something to do with it.

Bike
    Goose
    Depending on how much coffee he has had to drink of course!

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    A lot off people have the impression that we can easily foster our youngsters to get on the world stage. We can help them with skill level and how to approach viable sponsors (except Jadden he would be better to say nothing as he has a potty mouth and would be better to stand still looking dumb like an F1 rider with 56 on his bike) This is the easy part as unfortunately the next level cant happen unless large sums of money are put up to BUY a ride.
    A good example talent dosnt win seats is Scott Dixon, I think it was 3 million he had to stump up, and he was at the front in no time. I also recall Mr Slight was going to be in GP but someone else brought money in to the team and it was bye bye Slighty. New Zealand is too small a market for a manufacturer to think "lets get a NZ lad so we can sell 3 more bikes over in that country that people think is off the coast of India"
    Its all about sales volume and marketing, thats why third world countries like Brazil Turkey etc have huge car markets and...........F1 drivers. Colin Edwards got the HRC/Castrol WSBK ride because Castrol was a poor seller in the USA, so they needed a Yank on board and yes sales went up accordingly. NZ is only half the population of london so people need to be realistic WE NEED TO RAISE CASH FOR OUR LADS.
    Cash always opens doors but I don't think it's an absolute necessity. At this stage it's almost irrelevant because we don't actually have any young guys anywhere near ready to compete at a world or even international level. So first things first we need a healthy local competition which we don't have at the moment. The talent may well be there but there just isn't the level of competition to develop it.

Contrast our scene with Oz where they had Stoner winning MotoGP, solid representation in WSB, Parkes winning WSS, Bryan Staring in World Superstock 1000, and Jed Metcher coming second in World Superstock 600. Not to mention Muggeridge, Jones, Cudlin, Brookes, Roberts and co competing in German and British Superbikes etc etc. Most of those guys haven't paid for their rides yet they are over there racking up the race miles in intense competitions and making names for themselves.

So Oz is a well proven avenue to success in that if you can be competitive there you can be competitive anywhere. It's right next door, no language/culture barriers, as easy as it's ever going to get basically.......yet how long since we had a regular competitor there?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    YIP!!! Oh and methanol

YIP!!!

YIP!!!

Depending on how much coffee he has had to drink of course!
    Yip,The more coffee I drink,The more kidney stones I produce and they make me heavier, Hahahahahahaha!!

Bike
    Ducati's, Huskie's and Kawasaki's
    Someone should protest his fancy smancy valve caps. This guy will stop at nothing to get an edge.
    "That's rooted!! What's next??"

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGassit View Post
    Someone should protest his fancy smancy valve caps. This guy will stop at nothing to get an edge.
    Yip and flouro signwriting,Bridgestone stickers and tinted visor,Aye!!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Yip and flouro signwriting,Bridgestone stickers and tinted visor,Aye!!!
    Yeah you may be flash and fast on the track, but it takes forever to get any phaarkin fairings off ya! Get back in the shed.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post

Most of those guys haven't paid for their rides yet they are over there racking up the race miles in intense competitions and making names for themselves.
    Have you been reading Cudlins tales in i think the aussie mcn? most guys have to pay and i know after all these years that Gareth Jones and his family finally don't have to dip in there own pockets.
    It's tough out there, big filed boosted by all the locals at the queensland round of the aussie superbikes last weekend, 11 bikes, the locals mentioed were bugden Dan Stauffer and another, they're not exactly grid fillers are they

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Tis normal for a standard motor to seize aye Billy!
    It is when you run a mainjet you know is too small,Because you lent the right size one to somebody else,Worked OK for the first 2 runs and then locked up on over run on the 3rd,DO NOT run a 180 mainjet in your RG150 LOL

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGassit View Post
    Yeah you may be flash and fast on the track, but it takes forever to get any phaarkin fairings off ya! Get back in the shed.
    Oh Yeah,Cant get your tailpiece finished now,Gotta fix my bike Bwahahahahaha!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Oh Yeah,Cant get your tailpiece finished now,Gotta fix my bike Bwahahahahaha!!
    OOps,No offence intended Mister..

Thread Information