Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGassit View Post
    OOps,No offence intended Mister..
    Na,Was only joking your tails done already

Bike
    Ducati's, Huskie's and Kawasaki's
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Na,Was only joking your tails done already
    Phew! See you there then. I'll have some readies handy. How many do I need to stop you from throwin it in a skip?
    "That's rooted!! What's next??"

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Phew! See you there then. I'll have some readies handy. How many do I need to stop you from throwin it in a skip?
    The usual,A million,Pretty hard too find those carbonfibre 916SP tailpeices,LOL

Oh,You did say Kawasaki green aye,Hope thats not gonna make illegal,Being the wrong colour and all LMFAO!!!

Bike
    The usual,A million,Pretty hard too find those carbonfibre 916SP tailpeices,LOL
    Not that hard. I know there's a skip in Tauranga might have one in it shortly.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Have you been reading Cudlins tales in i think the aussie mcn? most guys have to pay and i know after all these years that Gareth Jones and his family finally don't have to dip in there own pockets.
    It's tough out there, big filed boosted by all the locals at the queensland round of the aussie superbikes last weekend, 11 bikes, the locals mentioed were bugden Dan Stauffer and another, they're not exactly grid fillers are they
    Correct Spyda, Gareth along with others had to pay big $$$$ for a ride to THEN HOPEFULLY get noticed. ps your gramma is at on a atrosity

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Not that hard. I know there's a skip in Tauranga might have one in it shortly.
    Not likely mate,Listed it on Ebay last night

Bike
    Not likely mate,Listed it on Ebay last night
    Good bloody luck selling a green one dude. Could put it on my ZXR250 I suppose. I guess you have been on Ebay looking for an RM250 piston for your streetstock. Bloody Dyno's eh? How many lovely engines have been buggered by rolling roads over the years. And as for admitting to Dynoing a streetstock, Man that was ballsy. Most streetstock tuners do it on the street at 3am. You must be gettin soft or rich.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Cash always opens doors but I don't think it's an absolute necessity. At this stage it's almost irrelevant because we don't actually have any young guys anywhere near ready to compete at a world or even international level. So first things first we need a healthy local competition which we don't have at the moment. The talent may well be there but there just isn't the level of competition to develop it.

Contrast our scene with Oz where they had Stoner winning MotoGP, solid representation in WSB, Parkes winning WSS, Bryan Staring in World Superstock 1000, and Jed Metcher coming second in World Superstock 600. Not to mention Muggeridge, Jones, Cudlin, Brookes, Roberts and co competing in German and British Superbikes etc etc. Most of those guys haven't paid for their rides yet they are over there racking up the race miles in intense competitions and making names for themselves.

So Oz is a well proven avenue to success in that if you can be competitive there you can be competitive anywhere. It's right next door, no language/culture barriers, as easy as it's ever going to get basically.......yet how long since we had a regular competitor there?
    Sorry, but that sounds like a nice fantasy to have. I would love it to be reality but its not. If you are competitive here you can be competitive internationally. Remember Jimmy and Gareth on 600s a few years ago? Jimmy could be top ten in the IDM EASILY. I would even be as bold to say Craig Shirrifs could be too if he stopped falling, finished a race, and was more photogenic. What Jed and some off the other boys had to pay to get their foot in the door in Germany would be nearly three times the average annual wage in NZ.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by suzuki21 View Post
    Sorry, but that sounds like a nice fantasy to have. I would love it to be reality but its not. If you are competitive here you can be competitive internationally. Remember Jimmy and Gareth on 600s a few years ago? Jimmy could be top ten in the IDM EASILY. I would even be as bold to say Craig Shirrifs could be too if he stopped falling, finished a race, and was more photogenic. What Jed and some off the other boys had to pay to get their foot in the door in Germany would be nearly three times the average annual wage in NZ.
    Jeez mate, you had some cred till you mentioned Craig.

Bike
    1990 Honda VFR400/1979 Suzuki RM125
    Cash always opens doors but I don't think it's an absolute necessity. At this stage it's almost irrelevant because we don't actually have any young guys anywhere near ready to compete at a world or even international level. So first things first we need a healthy local competition which we don't have at the moment. The talent may well be there but there just isn't the level of competition to develop it.

Contrast our scene with Oz where they had Stoner winning MotoGP, solid representation in WSB, Parkes winning WSS, Bryan Staring in World Superstock 1000, and Jed Metcher coming second in World Superstock 600. Not to mention Muggeridge, Jones, Cudlin, Brookes, Roberts and co competing in German and British Superbikes etc etc. Most of those guys haven't paid for their rides yet they are over there racking up the race miles in intense competitions and making names for themselves.

So Oz is a well proven avenue to success in that if you can be competitive there you can be competitive anywhere. It's right next door, no language/culture barriers, as easy as it's ever going to get basically.......yet how long since we had a regular competitor there?
    Dunno about the others but Im pretty sure Casey Stoners parents sold up the family home so they could go to Europe

Bike
    suzuki
    ps your gramma is at on a atrosity
    My Gramma was a nice little old lady, I was there when she stopped breathing and had to give her CPR which sadly didn't work.
    I now wake up in the middle of the night wondering at which point does CPR turn into Necrophilia!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Good bloody luck selling a green one dude. Could put it on my ZXR250 I suppose. I guess you have been on Ebay looking for an RM250 piston for your streetstock. Bloody Dyno's eh? How many lovely engines have been buggered by rolling roads over the years. And as for admitting to Dynoing a streetstock, Man that was ballsy. Most streetstock tuners do it on the street at 3am. You must be gettin soft or rich.
    Neither soft or rich,Its just easier to fuck it here than travel the 400ks to manfeild to do it !

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post
    ps what are you doing up at 03:45 ? (I've been working - our end of the "Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network" fell over )
    Jetlagged, hobbled out to my workshop in my boxers and fixed some Windoze PCs in the wee small hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Have you been reading Cudlins tales in i think the aussie mcn? most guys have to pay and i know after all these years that Gareth Jones and his family finally don't have to dip in there own pockets.
    It's tough out there, big filed boosted by all the locals at the queensland round of the aussie superbikes last weekend, 11 bikes, the locals mentioed were bugden Dan Stauffer and another, they're not exactly grid fillers are they
    Correct Spyda, Gareth along with others had to pay big $$$$ for a ride to THEN HOPEFULLY get noticed. ps your gramma is at on a atrosity
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Dunno about the others but Im pretty sure Casey Stoners parents sold up the family home so they could go to Europe
    Sorry, serves me right for generalising, and I wasn't aware that Gareth had to cough up for a ride. Stoner's a whole different kettle of fish with the lengths his family went to to maximise his opportunities.

But my examples were only meant as an off the cuff list of Strayans who are doing amazingly well. You can add Aitchison, Richards, Donald, Waters, McConnell and a whole swag of riders who have headed to different parts of the globe to have a crack, and they aren't all buying rides. Cudlin has prided himself on duffing up those who have and he's testing Moto2 and MotoGP Claiming Rule bikes.

Sure it makes it much easier to buy into a top team with a pocket fulla cabbage but I still dream that it's not mandatory to succeed. Although I guess it depends how you define "success". ASBK? BSB? AMA? Or the big shows of WSB, MotoGP? Given where we are at the moment I'd be aiming lower rather than higher.

For example there's absolutely nothing stopping a Kiwi fronting up and kicking some Aussie arse, and their championships carry a lot more weight than ours. Faark, you can even enjoy a 25-30% pay rise while you're doing it if ya move there. So why aren't we? Stroudy was at the pointy end in Oz a few years back with little experience on most of the tracks. What would another season have yielded? How would Choppa or Craig go now?

Nothing against Jimmy but I reckon you need to prove and sharpen yourself against the best riders in the NZ Superbike field, that's where our few international calibre riders are concentrated. Gareth was right there on a superbike as well as a 600, whereas Jimmy would probably acknowledge that he isn't quite there on the big banger....yet. Not saying he won't improve but Gareth was a 21 year old heading over there, while our best young talent generally matures much later than that Jimmy was 27/28 racing Gareth? And Choppa is going great guns but knocking on 30?

I met last years ASBK champ Bryan Staring in WA 6 years ago and have followed him ever since, and there is simply no way we can compete with that career or rider development in NZ. And he's still just 23 years old.

Bike
    BMW
    Sorry, serves me right for generalising, and I wasn't aware that Gareth had to cough up for a ride. Stoner's a whole different kettle of fish with the lengths his family went to to maximise his opportunities.

But my examples were only meant as an off the cuff list of Strayans who are doing amazingly well. You can add Aitchison, Richards, Donald, Waters, McConnell and a whole swag of riders who have headed to different parts of the globe to have a crack, and they aren't all buying rides. Cudlin has prided himself on duffing up those who have and he's testing Moto2 and MotoGP Claiming Rule bikes.

Sure it makes it much easier to buy into a top team with a pocket fulla cabbage but I still dream that it's not mandatory to succeed. Although I guess it depends how you define "success". ASBK? BSB? AMA? Or the big shows of WSB, MotoGP? Given where we are at the moment I'd be aiming lower rather than higher.

For example there's absolutely nothing stopping a Kiwi fronting up and kicking some Aussie arse, and their championships carry a lot more weight than ours. Faark, you can even enjoy a 25-30% pay rise while you're doing it if ya move there. So why aren't we? Stroudy was at the pointy end in Oz a few years back with little experience on most of the tracks. What would another season have yielded? How would Choppa or Craig go now?

Nothing against Jimmy but I reckon you need to prove and sharpen yourself against the best riders in the NZ Superbike field, that's where our few international calibre riders are concentrated. Gareth was right there on a superbike as well as a 600, whereas Jimmy would probably acknowledge that he isn't quite there on the big banger....yet. Not saying he won't improve but Gareth was a 21 year old heading over there, while our best young talent generally matures much later than that Jimmy was 27/28 racing Gareth? And Choppa is going great guns but knocking on 30?

I met last years ASBK champ Bryan Staring in WA 6 years ago and have followed him ever since, and there is simply no way we can compete with that career or rider development in NZ. And he's still just 23 years old.
    Yup nearly there.... Jimmy is 31 I think, Hayden and Nick are still getting a bit old for a decent tilt at world Domination. For me im not doing it to try make a living, just want to be the best I can. Would like to win NZ titles and have another 15 years or so in the class. An ozzy season is on the cards and one day id like to have a play around in AMA really just to say I did.

NZs best chance is Nixon Frost id say, but he is still just a tad young...

Thread Information