Thread: Evel Knievel Tribute

Bike
    Obsolete ones.

Evel Knievel Tribute

Jumps start at 1.35. Man, he had massive clangers! Looking at the risks with these jumps compared to now is eye watering, particularly the camera truck parked after the landing ramp!! ( Yup, I am having a very slow day..)

Bike
    Its a Boat
    ....he wasnt very good at that shit was he?..yeah yeah he made one or two stick but thats the law of averages kicking in.
    He made alot of money by putting his life on the line time after time I'll give em' that.

Bike
    rocket 3
    Blog Entries
    back in my day he was the man ....
    :keeping the law occupied since 1961
    Only dead fish go with the flow

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    ....he wasnt very good at that shit was he?..yeah yeah he made one or two stick but thats the law of averages kicking in.
    He made alot of money by putting his life on the line time after time I'll give em' that.
    Ya reckon? Given the equipment, I think he was phenominal at what he did. Also bearing in mind, in order to keep drawing the crowds and making money, he had to keep going bigger and bigger. Evel Knievel was without a doubt a pioneer for current FMX and stunt riders.

I still get a kick out of watching some of those jumps on that bloody heavy Harley.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    He used no science or maths or trigonometry or whatever, he just at best guesstimated.

Mad, cool, shameless self promoter.

The world needs more mad buggers like him.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Ya reckon? Given the equipment, I think he was phenominal at what he did. Also bearing in mind, in order to keep drawing the crowds and making money, he had to keep going bigger and bigger. Evel Knievel was without a doubt a pioneer for current FMX and stunt riders.

I still get a kick out of watching some of those jumps on that bloody heavy Harley.
    What kid of a certain age didn't want to be Evil Knievel?
    ......he just fell off alot, and his attempt at the Grand Canyon?....I mean come on... even he knew that was never going to work.

Bike
    quite a few
    Yeah this guy has done as much as anyone to put motorcycling in the headlines.

and like mentioned above, what he did with the bikes he had to work with was dam right amazing.
    check out this video for example..(the bike, the leathers and the "racing helmet")
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SGNFEwuxKQ
    I call it like I see it. Don't take it personally.

Thread Information