Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Db1k 2012

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Hi Ryan,so what mods have you so far ,I,m interested to know if you have fitted an oil cooler to increase the amount of oil it carries thus cutting down on the oil changes?..

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    Hi Ryan,so what mods have you so far ,I,m interested to know if you have fitted an oil cooler to increase the amount of oil it carries thus cutting down on the oil changes?..
    Nada mods so far. We are trying to get some renovations done (young fellas room) so toy fund is very limited. Only cause of exchange rate (though I see its dipped a little) that tank has been a goer. Not planning on doing oil cooler for more volume. I've not even manged to put 20 hours on bike since christmas so have only done one oil change so far. We don't actually clock up many engine hours when riding, much less than the hours we are away from home.

Suspension is next on the list. Stock ain't right for my girth. Can live without tweaked suspenders for now but can't really live without a tank for some range. Hope to organise something like the CCC loop or a BP loop when the big tank arrives so I can get an adv ride on it under my belt. Only been trail riding so far.
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    If my shoulder is healed I ll be happy to tag along

Bike
    05 Husqvarna TE510, 05 950 ADV S
    +1 for Southern Route....maybe early Jan?????
    Orange Thumper

Bike
    Steam powered rocking chair
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    I'm still lamenting north vs south. Got a couple of easy changes (I know they are goers) to the southern to spice it up a little. Also got a couple of ideas for the old northern route but no idea if they are ridable or will float with landowners.

I'm thinking that late Jan (21/22th or 28/29th) as later Jan seemed to work better for most in 2011.

Keep the comments coming. This is your guys ride so let me know what you want - and I'll decide if I like it

Cheers R
    Last weekend is woodstock rally on the w/coast , tends to be a non missable one for me. I'm keen a a dusty butt 2012

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    +1 on southern route. Keen to try all the bits we missed this year on the big bike. Was trying to talk a KB'er from last weekend's Lees Valley ride (sorry, can't remember your name) into doing the SBC on his GL145 (or similar). So much more fun to watch than be a part of.....
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Ryan I'm sorry but I'm gonna pull rank (with an W) &make it the 21/22nd January.If you give people options you'll get a million different reasons why that date doesn'tsuit.
    Those who can't make it won't make it- those who are committed will get there.The sooner the date is set thenthe sooner plans &bookings can be made.

(unlessofcourse I'mbeingtoobolshy then asyouwere)

Also this year I am going to ask for a koha for Ryan for doingall the donkey workfor a ride that is prob the best in NZ. He's not in a position to accept onefor liability reasons however I will contact attendees once they have puttheirnames down & askiftheywishto contribute a voluntary koha-absolutelyno pressureorobligation. -frickingspacebar.

I'malsogonnabiffthisfricking laptop
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    hey can anyone tell the pom what a koha is?..........

Bike
    800XC

Koha -

Koha is te Reo which can be translated roughly as gift, present, offering, donation or contribution - a few beer tokens in t'other words like

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Ryan I'm sorry but I'm gonna pull rank (with an W) &make it the 21/22nd January.If you give people options you'll get a million different reasons why that date doesn'tsuit.

I'malsogonnabiffthisfricking laptop
    FFS Padders.... fix your fricking laptop it hurts my brain reading your posts

And... I reakon those dates will work for me, IF I decide to do it again

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Yeahlaterinjanuaryworksbetterformesothe22nd/23willbefineanditsfarenoughawaysoicanreorganiseshi ttosuit.

Howsyourbrainnowjatz???
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    hahahahahahahha......hey Jatz,how come you might not want to do the next dusty butt?

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Yeahlaterinjanuaryworksbetterformesothe22nd/23willbefineanditsfarenoughawaysoicanreorganiseshi ttosuit.

Howsyourbrainnowjatz???
    You bastard
    I've seen you in the mornings, sitting in your warm car while I ride the bike to work in neg. temperatures, ya big sook. Man up and take the KLR

Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    hahahahahahahha......hey Jatz,how come you might not want to do the next dusty butt?
    Other things to do....
    I would like to complete a Southern route, so I'll have to see closer to the time, I'd probly ride the Big cause it was an arse with limited fuell range last year too

Bike
    Triumph XC 800
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

If I don't take a US trip in January...I will try to put this on my calender for things to do in 2012 Oh Yea,, isn't the world suppose to END
    "Those who hammer there guns into plow shears will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    I'd probly ride the Big cause it was an arse with limited fuell range last year too
    I won't use yours all up again promise
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Thread Information