Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules for Husaberg

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Well, have decided to find out about the rule in question. Have emailed MNZ asking for clarification on the wording. Wonder how long before i get a reply?
    TeeZee says he is interested in how you get on, if you have any luck please PM him, he would be interested in your help getting the carb thing looked at properly.

Bike
    ninja 250
    Edit: actually fuck it, if someone wants to build a 'rule bending' engine then do it. And if you can start winning races on it, perhaps then we can revisit the rules and get a legitimate opinion on what is and isn't legal. Until then who cares?

Why do you think it is acceptable for some one to race a "cheater" bike so long as they don't win? If they finish in front of you, you're ok with that?

Bike
    ninja 250
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    TeeZee says he is interested in how you get on, if you have any luck please PM him, he would be interested in your help getting the carb thing looked at properly.
    Yeah, will do. All I'm asking is to check clarification on existing wording, and if there is possibly a typo. Hopefully a little easier than asking for your issue?

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Debate around the rules is contributing to the tread in a positive way. Debate is healthy. I agree personal attacks are not ……..
    touche

while it would be extremly satisfiing to engange with you in a battle of wits I feel it would not be a fair fight.
    afterall you are clearly unarmed

Its kind of like getting a blow job from your Lady buckets4me It felt good at the time !But I just knew I would be guilty about it afterwards
    You are right, personal attacks are not healthy and again you have shown us who the hypocrite here is...........

Bike
    -
    [I]
    Why do you think it is acceptable for some one to race a "cheater" bike so long as they don't win? If they finish in front of you, you're ok with that?
    they gotta finish in front of me first!
    haha who am I kidding I haven't ever won a race. Good question tho. I'm not to sure to be honest. if it was a competition bearing/conrod then nope wouldn't mind, competition crank or barrel may be another matter.(but you could argue that the bearings/conrod are part of the crank)
    But what I'm saying, I think, is that most people putting in the effort building a new engine have a reasonable respect for the rules and won't push them too far.

There are alot of variables and most are beyond my understanding. I think you made the right move Gav seeking clarification from professionals(MNZ), would be good to see if any response comes from it.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It's really fucking annoying being accused of cheating. To clarify - my big end pin is custom made by Heat Treatments. It has 20mm ends, a 22mm centre which is offset .75mm, and it is the same length as a standard MB100 pin. My MB100 crankshaft is modified to take the 1mm wider big end of the rod I selected out of the catalogue at Pete's. It may fit a competition engine but it wasn't listed as a rod for one. It was selected for it's dimensions in particular the 105mm centre-centre measurement. The big end bearing came with the rod as did the thrust washers. The little end is one I chose also for it's dimensions, it could fit any number of engines and was not listed as a replacement part for any particular engine. The piston is KT100, the little end pin is MB100 as are the circlips. The rings, and you have me here I think, are KT100. As they aren't one of the listed items that are "open" then I suppose I am cheating. Though, being allowed to use a piston but not the associated rings would seem to defeat the benefit of using the piston so typically I assume the intention of the rule would be to allow the matching rings to be used.
    The problem is the intention of the rule and the way it has been interpreted by everybody until now and the exact wording which allows an alternative interpretation. If you are a bucket racer you know what the rules are. It may not be written perfectly but everybody knows what is meant and plays by the rules. Everybody I know and respect anyway.
    My engine stroke is 1.5mm less than an MB100 due to the .75mm offset pin and has a 52.2mm bore. You can do the maths yourself. As if I'd build an engine and not know the capacity of it.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    The problem is the intention of the rule and the way it has been interpreted by everybody until now and the exact wording which allows an alternative interpretation. If you are a bucket racer you know what the rules are. It may not be written perfectly but everybody knows what is meant and plays by the rules. Everybody I know and respect anyway.
    That sums it up nicely Mike.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Im sure the spirit of the rule was no competition engine or transmission parts allowed ....(
    The "spirit" of the rule means nothing, the actual rule is the only thing that counts

Quote Originally Posted by ac3_snow View Post
    Going by the interpretations posted here I can get a rs125 barrel, sleeve it down to 100 put it on a 6speed mb/hb gearbox and that will be perfectly legit
    Yes you could
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    It's really fucking annoying being accused of cheating. To clarify - my big end pin is custom made by Heat Treatments. It has 20mm ends, a 22mm centre which is offset .75mm, and it is the same length as a standard MB100 pin. My MB100 crankshaft is modified to take the 1mm wider big end of the rod I selected out of the catalogue at Pete's. It may fit a competition engine but it wasn't listed as a rod for one. It was selected for it's dimensions in particular the 105mm centre-centre measurement. The big end bearing came with the rod as did the thrust washers. The little end is one I chose also for it's dimensions, it could fit any number of engines and was not listed as a replacement part for any particular engine. The piston is KT100, the little end pin is MB100 as are the circlips. The rings, and you have me here I think, are KT100. As they aren't one of the listed items that are "open" then I suppose I am cheating. Though, being allowed to use a piston but not the associated rings would seem to defeat the benefit of using the piston so typically I assume the intention of the rule would be to allow the matching rings to be used.
    My engine stroke is 1.5mm less than an MB100 due to the .75mm offset pin and has a 52.2mm bore. You can do the maths yourself. As if I'd build an engine and not know the capacity of it.
    I agrea with you mike but

if the interpretation is "any part made for a compitition engine" then your crank is illegal

DONT LISSEN TO THE JACK ASS

it dosent say anywhere about parts made for competition engines

it dose say that the carb ingition and valves cam are open (so would mean that the rest isn't ?)

PS I thought that my spelling and england was bad but I can get most words in the right order
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    I agrea with you mike but

if the interpretation is "any part made for a compitition engine" then your crank is illegal

DONT LISSEN TO THE JACK ASS

it dosent say anywhere about parts made for competition engines
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Perhaps refresh yourself with the rules on MNZ site. Parts are parts. If they come from competition engines then they aren't legal. Exception for pistons, ign, carb pipe.
    So if one found a source of bearings that weren't specifically for a comp engine then that should be ok.

[
    QUOTE=speedpro;1130089144]This part of the rule clearly states that "parts" from "Motocross, Road Racing, Enduro and Go Kart motors" are not permitted.
    Look guys I never sugested Speedro was cheated I simply pointed out By his own interation of the rules that he offered on the board both He and Dave were saying he was.
    this is my origional post that they both responded to It was never my intention to start a shit fight.
    but when attacked I will respond

I thought parts were ok just weren't allowed to use gearbox or competion based engines.
    I would have thought a big end bearing was ok?
    For the benefit of other I will clearly state my position
    Whist the rules look like they have a typo they say what they say that's it warts and all.
    They say what they say Don't shoot the messenger.

I would not race with a rs125 barrel or crank or gearbox because thats not what buckets are about it's a open sport that is meant to encourage devlopment at a reasonable cost for all.A class were a clever engineer or tuner can experement and show flair and parts bin raiding to get what you want but i would not feel guilty about using a cr125 big end bearing or a cr80 clutch Plates.
    I to would want to see the s removed and the rest of the points cleared up.

I say we are all jackasses for being on the computer when we should be spending time on our bikes

Ps i do feel remorse for the coments mede about the shagging.But its was ment to be a slaging match thread wasn't it
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    if the interpretation is "any part made for a competition engine" then your crank is illegal
    No it wouldn't be, because it is made for a MB100 which is a commuter bike engine
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    While a little off topic , when I wanted to fit a RZ350 motor in my RD350 for pre82. I figured I was OK because the RZ350 had been shown at the Paris motor show in Oct 1982 (the cutoff is 31 dec 1982), fuck did I get the riot act read to me by guys in Auck who I never heard of, the "spirit of" catchall was trumpeted around and I gave up and put a LC engine in, the new rules now specifically exclude RZ350. Sometimes it just too hard to paddle upstream
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    No it wouldn't be, because it is made for a MB100 which is a commuter bike engine

so that mb100 isn't used in a compitition then ?

because if it is then it's a compitition engine F4 is a compitition with real races and such

Dave D can beat me by more then 35 points (no PC bull shit here)

the rules say the only parts you can use are pistons cams valves exaust and ignitions
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    While a little off topic , when I wanted to fit a RZ350 motor in my RD350 for pre82. I figured I was OK because the RZ350 had been shown at the Paris motor show in Oct 1982 (the cutoff is 31 dec 1982), fuck did I get the riot act read to me by guys in Auck who I never heard of, the "spirit of" catchall was trumpeted around and I gave up and put a LC engine in, the new rules now specifically exclude RZ350. Sometimes it just too hard to paddle upstream

I always thought that the spirit of racing back in 1982 was to WIN!!!!! and that was that

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Show me the eligibility rules

But and Its a big but the bike wasn't in production until 83 and I bet the rules probabably state in production
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information