Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules for Husaberg

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    the rules say the only parts you can use are pistons cams valves exhaust and ignitions
    They don't say that at all, they say there is no restriction on those parts

so that mb100 isn't used in a compitition then ?
    If you want to be like that, then yes it is a competition engine which now makes it ineligible for Buckets as no competition engines are allowed, we're all fucked

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Show me the eligibility rules

But and Its a big but the bike wasn't in production until 83 and I bet the rules probabably state in production
    The rules at the time stated "manufactured" before 31/12/82, it didn't say how many had to be manufactured and there was info on Yamaha Japans website which mentioned the ypvs bikes being in production in 1982

The NZPCRA got all upset and pissy about it hence they rule which specifically bans them
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    They don't say that at all, they say there is no restriction on those parts

If you want to be like that, then yes it is a competition engine which now makes it ineligible for Buckets as no competition engines are allowed, we're all fucked
    yes they do. you can use parts from an rs125 (piston exaust cam and valves)

24-2-4 Engines must be derived from non-competition motorcycles. Motocross, Road Racing,
    Enduro and Go Kart motors and transmission parts are not permitted.
    There shall be no
    restriction on the make, type or design of carburettor, ignition, exhaust, piston, cam, valve
    springs or cooling system except for class eligibility. All engines must be normally
    aspirated except F4 4 stroke engines of less than 100cc capacity, which may be turbo or
    supercharged.
    F4 2 stroke engines over 104cc are restricted to carburation equivalent to a single 24mm
    carburettor, F5 4 stroke engines over 53cc are restricted to carburation equivalent to a
    single 20mm carburettor.

my bucket engine was derived from a non-competition motocycle (now it is a competetion bike)

it's the part where peopel keep saying that you arn't allowed parts made for a competetion engine

my engine is and I make parts for it (thats what bucketracers do)
    and I cant find anywhere where it says I cant
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    husaberg
    yes they do. you can use parts from an rs125 (piston exaust cam and valves)

24-2-4 Engines must be derived from non-competition motorcycles. Motocross, Road Racing,
    Enduro and Go Kart motors and transmission parts are not permitted.
    There shall be no
    restriction on the make, type or design of carburettor, ignition, exhaust, piston, cam, valve
    springs or cooling system except for class eligibility. All engines must be normally
    aspirated except F4 4 stroke engines of less than 100cc capacity, which may be turbo or
    supercharged.
    F4 2 stroke engines over 104cc are restricted to carburation equivalent to a single 24mm
    carburettor, F5 4 stroke engines over 53cc are restricted to carburation equivalent to a
    single 20mm carburettor.

my bucket engine was derived from a non-competition motocycle (now it is a competetion bike)

it's the part where peopel keep saying that you arn't allowed parts made for a competetion engine

my engine is and I make parts for it (thats what bucketracers do)
    and I cant find anywhere where it says I cant
    Agreed perhaps the place to ask is here ask the guys that said so in the first place.
    QUOTE=speedpro;1130089144]This part of the rule clearly states that "parts" from "Motocross, Road Racing, Enduro and Go Kart motors" are not permitted
    Originally Posted by F5 Dave
    Perhaps refresh yourself with the rules on MNZ site. Parts are parts. If they come from competition engines then they aren't legal. Exception for pistons, ign, carb pipe.
    So if one found a source of bearings that weren't specifically for a comp engine then that should be ok.
    I thought parts were ok just weren't allowed to use gearbox or competion based engines.
    I would have thought a big end bearing was ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg
    so that mb100 isn't used in a compitition then ?

because if it is then it's a compitition engine
    derived from a on a competion bike is out derived from a comuter bike is ok?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    This part of the rule clearly states that "parts" from "Motocross, Road Racing, Enduro and Go Kart motors" are not permitted
    The problem is that it doesn't clearly state that at all

That S on the end of the word motor changes the whole rule from what it should be
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    The problem is that it doesn't clearly state that at all

That S on the end of the word motor changes the whole rule from what it should be

the intent is there
    as they clearly state that some pars are ok . so would logically mean that other parts are not ok

"There shall be no restriction on the make, type or design of carburettor, ignition, exhaust, piston, cam, valve springs or cooling system"
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    ninja 250
    Fuck it, lets just update the rules properly.
    Ban all two strokes ... carbon footprint and all that stuff

Bike
    BSA A10
    the intent is there
    as they clearly state that some pars are ok . so would logically mean that other parts are not ok

"There shall be no restriction on the make, type or design of carburettor, ignition, exhaust, piston, cam, valve springs or cooling system"
    I agree the intent is there but logic and intent have nothing to do with it, the rule has to be applied as it is written

Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Fuck it, lets just update the rules properly.
    Just needs the "s" after the word motors removed, problem solved

Bike
    ninja 250
    the intent is there

You cant just quote part of the sentence ... you left off except for class eligibility
    If competition engine parts are not allowed, doesn't that change things? Suddenly competition carbs, ignition, piston etc are not allowed as these are competition engine parts. Right?

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Show me the eligibility rules

But and Its a big but the bike wasn't in production until 83 and I bet the rules probabably state in production
    There shall be three groups of Post Class road racing machines:

(B) Pre 82 which will consist of racing machines manufactured after the closing
    date of the Period 1972 class and before December 31st 1982.
    (a) These rules are intended to ensure a high standard of authenticity and
    presentation of the representative periods.
    (b) All machines must comply with the safety and technical requirements as
    detailed under chapters 8 & 10 of the MNZ manual.
    (c) Later versions of the same models released (but not updated) eg Honda 750 K1-
    K6 may be acceptable as eligible for Pre 72 when competing in a racing class.

There is the rules no mention of "in production"
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    husaberg
    You cant just quote part of the sentence ... you left off except for class eligibility
    If competition engine parts are not allowed, doesn't that change things? Suddenly competition carbs, ignition, piston etc are not allowed as these are competition engine parts. Right?
    The except for class eligibility is clearing refering to the f4,f5 with air cooled and engine capacity .
    I would sugest you never sign a contract without getting a lawyer to read it first for you because you clearly have trouble with what is a simple clear rules read wobblys post as i said before hes smarter than us both.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    There shall be three groups of Post Class road racing machines:

(B) Pre 82 which will consist of racing machines manufactured after the closing
    date of the Period 1972 class and before December 31st 1982.
    (a) These rules are intended to ensure a high standard of authenticity and
    presentation of the representative periods.
    (b) All machines must comply with the safety and technical requirements as
    detailed under chapters 8 & 10 of the MNZ manual.
    (c) Later versions of the same models released (but not updated) eg Honda 750 K1-
    K6 may be acceptable as eligible for Pre 72 when competing in a racing class.

There is the rules no mention of "in production"
    Well simple then if there is no other rule excluding the bike you wish to race a engine number verification from the imported or manufacturer stating this engine /bike was manufactured before the said date and bobs your uncle.The catch may be you may not be authentic for the era being a hybrib and I am sure there is a ruling where a technical commitee can exclude you somewhere later on in the rules
    But really why not just a tz350 that would get up them
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    Im just reading as it is written *cough* Why include ignition, exhaust, cam, valve springs in that list? None of those items have any influence on the classes do they?
    Enduro and Go Kart motors and transmission parts are not permitted. There shall be no
    supercharged.
    single 20mm carburettor.

The or and the for word here may seem Insucnificant but trust me this or is a real clincher in a legal sense.

The cooling system is a class distiction as is the carb size this bit was checked of by a lawyer trust me it smells of it reeks even.But I guess they droped the ball eariler on either that or it is a typo.Shit look at my spelling .

think how diferent it would be if the first bit in bold was motor or transmission parts it' then got a totally different meaning clever lawyers exploit these oversight but realy you would not need to be cleave to see this one thats why new laws take ages to process through the system they scap endlessly over this sort of detail.

Just for aguments sake can anyone find a old copy of the rules back from the 130.5cc days lets have a look at them.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    AX100
    The cooling system is a class distiction as is the carb size this bit was checked of by a lawyer trust me it smells of it reeks even.But I guess they droped the ball eariler on either that or it is a typo.Shit look at my spelling .

think how diferent it would be if the first bit in bold was motor or transmission parts it' then got a totally different meaning clever lawyer exploit these oversight thats why new laws take ages to process through the system they scap endlessly over this sort of detail
    The lawyers dont need to - you guys are doing this for them......is it just Me (A complete noob to racing or bucketing) or are you guys getting a bit too serious about interpretations of Bucket rules? This is not F1 after all. Werent buckets supposed to be cheap, home shed, FUN races?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffaonajappa View Post
    The lawyers dont need to - you guys are doing this for them......is it just Me (A complete noob to racing or bucketing) or are you guys getting a bit too serious about interpretations of Bucket rules? This is not F1 after all. Werent buckets supposed to be cheap, home shed, FUN races?
    The lawyer bit was for him because I wouldn't want him to sign anything if you follow my drift I do have a bridge for sale Gav just sign here
    Sorry I couldn't resist it is in jest
    it's not F1 But it is F4 and F5 yes it is that serious There's huge money at stake here Not

ps wheres you CV
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information