Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules for Husaberg

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I do remember he said he was going to stop posting on the ESE thread until he came back with his evidence of a prewar turbo small 2 stroke
    Neil Neil.....

I know its not small but there is some mention of one here.
    http://www02.abb.com/global/gad/gad0...2572FB0045C223

An interesting article all the same, although I probably can't understand it as I don't work in the industry and I found it with Google.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post

An interesting article all the same, although I probably can't understand it as I don't work in the industry and I found it with Google.

"Computers I doubt they will ever catch on a passing fad. Don't get me started on Google, Phah..... That's not an engine a Lamberetta has an engine you whippersnappers
    I was racing and most of the time beating Mike Hailwood and Stanley Woods years ago with one. I did internationals you know.
    Whats wrong with a encyclopedia. I work in the Industry no less. Who cares what it says on the internet"

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
    - Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
    "I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year."
    - The editor in charge of business books for Prentice-Hall, 1957
    "But what...is it good for?"
    - Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip
    "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC
    "Indeed, it would not be an exaggeration to describe the history of the computer industry for the past decade as a massive effort to keep up with Apple."
    - Byte, December 1994
    "So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'"
    - Steve Jobs, cofounder of Apple Computer

All these guys BTW Were also Industry experts

interesting but probably Neil didn't work on it himself, he may have been called as a consultant.That may be while he went to Europe after all.
    Scooters are the forefront of real engine development with Vespa entering Moto GP next year Neil may be announced soon as a guest/development rider he will be able to draw on in industry experience of both.

All jokes aside the turbo looks eerily like a water pump inside.
    I shouldn't be surprised I guess.Centrifugal blower/centrifugal pump
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post

Not trying to reopen old wounds But I came across a old copy of the MNZ rules

It would seem the mistake was made pre 2000

I do remember the old rules used to say something about excluding competition hot up parts if memory serves me correct.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MNZ Rules 2000-2001.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	345.7 KB 
ID:	248017  
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Exercycle
    I've been around a very long while and my memory says that the wording has always been pretty much as it is now.

The point you should take out of all this is simply that the rules you work to,right or wrong, are the CURRENT rules in the CURRENT rulebook.

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The point you should take out of all this is simply that the rules you work to,right or wrong, are the CURRENT rules in the CURRENT rulebook.
    So true.

I'll post some interesting pics when time and body allows.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    The point you should take out of all this is simply that the scooter boy is RIGHT ALWAYS

better we dont realy care about the rules
    anyone who tries to use ilegal parts will be linched
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    better we dont realy care about the rules
    anyone who tries to use ilegal parts will be linched
    My neck is safe then.

lynching is so last year

Extradition to Europe to work on Scooters i say.
    Now that would be a punishment to suit the crime.
    Even if it is Cruel and unusual there have been examples of its use.
    so it couldn't be be described as unprecedented.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    I've been around a very long while and my memory says that the wording has always been pretty much as it is now.

Yeah I get that but the debate was what was in the current rules wasn't what people thought it was.The silly s

The old wording in the old small rules book pre these rules I posted.(2001)
    I would love a copy of the old rules Please anyone?
    This is all I can seem to find on the Net
    http://117.104.180.114:81/motorcycles/cb125.html

Were quite different they excluded factory hot up parts etc they allowed alcohol fuel in 100cc four strokes no 125 ac 2 stroke etc. The later/latest fuels allow better fuel octane than the old ones do to. AV gas VS Pump Super
    I was surprised the 125cc 2 stroke have been around that long when I tripped over the old book myself.
    I would like to see the s taken out and a remit put in to allow a std 100cc 2 stroke to run a KT100 piston whatever cc that would take say 107cc or so max as it would save a lot of money PS this won't suit my new build either, but it might help others.

In fact I might even do it anyone keen to add any weight to it as the 50-51mm piston choice is limited and bloody expensive which is not what the rules wee trying to do. It's just that they are now, an odd size. Going to 52.8 or so I doubt will improve the HP much. It would help to keep buckets affordable to the masses. Custom forged Wiseco pistons are not cheap.

While I am at I might suggest to open up the Big end and small end bearing as well.in the interests of reduced cost.

While I am at at why not Biofuel EG ethanol for the masses more fun and better for the planet! just kidding

Note in my post at the top of the page I managed to predict Steve Jobs early departure from this realm. Spooky I had never heard of him before Quoting him. I told you guys I was a thread killer. Do you need any more evidence.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    ninja 250
    Latest I heard was that following a world wide trend, the two stroke will actually be banned from all motorsport including motorcycling. So that will certainly clean up the rules as well as the race tracks. No more smelly two strokes.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by gav View Post
    Latest I heard was that following a world wide trend, the two stroke will actually be banned from all motorsport including motorcycling. So that will certainly clean up the rules as well as the race tracks. No more smelly two strokes.
    By the time we come round the smoke has usually cleared
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    husaberg

Said in jest, but the evidence is mounting that this could well end up actually happening.
    According to Dave it was initiated by Honda, specifically just to piss him off He might be onto something there.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So Gav, do you want to explain why you sat out much of the race on the side of the track today? That 4 stroke just decided it was sick of running?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I would like to see the s taken out and a remit put in to allow ......
    Good luck with that, I have tried working the system to get the sleeved carb thing cleared up but have not got anywhere, several letters from myself and personal representations by JC and no reply one way or the other, I think MNZ pretty much ignores Buckets.

Bike
    . .
    Well it is only Buckets, not like it's real racing. MNZ still takes your money and gives very little support for it though.... Sounds like nothing has changed since the early 90's when I was racing. I was the only bucket to turn up at Taupo one year (the old track). They put me in with the 350 and under classics. Didn't come first but wasn't far off.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I think MNZ pretty much ignores Buckets and hopes they won't start turning up at the real bike meetings, or better yet just go away.
    Any bucket meet is a "real bike meeting" but if you mean turning up at the mainstream clubs meetings then that is exactly what we do down here

It isn't an MNZ thing it is a club thing

Oh yeah, there'll be 30 odd Buckets at the street races this weekend to
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information