Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules for Husaberg

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Any bucket meet is a "real bike meeting" but if you mean turning up at the mainstream clubs meetings then that is exactly what we do down here. It isn't an MNZ thing it is a club thing. Oh yeah, there'll be 30 odd Buckets at the street races this weekend to
    Yes true Mt Welly F4 F5 is a real race meeting even though its on a Kart track and the Auck club run a combined SS/250 Super Light/F4 (Bucket) class that we could turn up too. I am going to do Hampton in Dec and the Greymouth and BOB next year ........

But trying to get clarification on the sleeved carb thing and JC's attempts to get some changes meet with silence from MNZ.

Bike
    suzuki RM125S 1975

wiseco pistons expenive rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Yeah I get that but the debate was what was in the current rules wasn't what people thought it was.The silly s

The old wording in the old small rules book pre these rules I posted.(2001)
    I would love a copy of the old rules Please anyone?
    This is all I can seem to find on the Net
    http://117.104.180.114:81/motorcycles/cb125.html

Were quite different they excluded factory hot up parts etc they allowed alcohol fuel in 100cc four strokes no 125 ac 2 stroke etc. The later/latest fuels allow better fuel octane than the old ones do to. AV gas VS Pump Super
    I was surprised the 125cc 2 stroke have been around that long when I tripped over the old book myself.
    I would like to see the s taken out and a remit put in to allow a std 100cc 2 stroke to run a KT100 piston whatever cc that would take say 107cc or so max as it would save a lot of money PS this won't suit my new build either, but it might help others.

In fact I might even do it anyone keen to add any weight to it as the 50-51mm piston choice is limited and bloody expensive which is not what the rules wee trying to do. It's just that they are now, an odd size. Going to 52.8 or so I doubt will improve the HP much. It would help to keep buckets affordable to the masses. Custom forged Wiseco pistons are not cheap.

While I am at I might suggest to open up the Big end and small end bearing as well.in the interests of reduced cost.

While I am at at why not Biofuel EG ethanol for the masses more fun and better for the planet! just kidding

Note in my post at the top of the page I managed to predict Steve Jobs early departure from this realm. Spooky I had never heard of him before Quoting him. I told you guys I was a thread killer. Do you need any more evidence.
    piston are cheap check ebay RM100 piston kit $60.00-100.00 US ect.rules are fine as they are,change the rules too much and buckets will end up street stocks and 125 Gp

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS eng View Post
    piston are cheap check ebay RM100 piston kit $60.00-100.00 US ect.rules are fine as they are,change the rules too much and buckets will end up street stocks and 125 Gp
    OK how is buckets different than Street stocks?

ie what is it that makes buckets such a fascinating class for young and old?

I am suggesting that allowing open piston rods and bearings in Buckets are to keeps costs down. Makes them more reliable and simplifies the rules isn't that is what buckets are about
    PS the out of production NOS RM100 pistons are all 2 ring so they are out for me sorry.
    The reason for suggesting the freeing up the rules to allow a just few more cc for the two stroke 100cc are purly cost related as it would be to allow the common readily available still manufactured and cheaper KT100 piston.
    These pistons from Strike in Aus these pistons are available in any size no rebore just hone to size plus dirt cheap. The bearing are also for cost.

Wait a few years and you will find it is Moto 250 for NZ rather than Gp125.The costs will spiral out of control then too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    OK how is buckets different than Street stocks?

ie what is it that makes buckets such a fascinating class for young and old?
    bucket and street stocks can be lite years apart or very simular. S/S bikes are raced as they are produced with minimal changes. Buckets are one of the last classes of motorcycle racing where your amagination (or chequebook) limits what can be done. Different chassis, wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine mods. A well ridden good buckets can compete and beat any prolite or streetstock bike.

This is why I think buckets are such a fascinating class, it can be cheap (running on tyres pulled from the rubbish bin at the nats) a $200 shitter can be run as is, there were several at the BOB yesterday and those guys and girls had smiles as big as me on my $2000 bike...........or you can build a mega expensive hot engined gp framed rocket ship, what ever spins ya wheels.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post
    bucket and street stocks can be lite years apart or very simular. S/S bikes are raced as they are produced with minimal changes. Buckets are one of the last classes of motorcycle racing where your amagination (or chequebook) limits what can be done. Different chassis, wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine mods. A well ridden good buckets can compete and beat any prolite or streetstock bike.

This is why I think buckets are such a fascinating class, it can be cheap (running on tyres pulled from the rubbish bin at the nats) a $200 shitter can be run as is, there were several at the BOB yesterday and those guys and girls had smiles as big as me on my $2000 bike...........or you can build a mega expensive hot engined gp framed rocket ship, what ever spins ya wheels.
    Agreed Buckets are a tuner rider class with fairly open rules designed to provide low cost affordable fun.

but do you race a FXR by chance?

Because I hear they can do a bit of carnage when their rods Snap?

So if I told you that there is a Rod And bearing available that will cure this and save all the resulting damage time and more importantly money.
    Also it is more freely available in NZ.

Shit, this would be bad thing for buckets after all.

Same you can't use it because it isn't legal as its from a Competition engine.(ROD and Bearing)

I remember when the rules were changed to let in a few bikes 2x I might add to accommodate the GL145s and the FXR150 changing those rules sure thrashed the sport. (this is in Jest repeat this is in jest)
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post

thats why I like it
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Agreed Buckets are a tuner rider class with fairly open rules designed to provide low cost affordable fun.

Because I hear they can do a bit of carnage when their rods Snap?

So if I told you that there is a Rod And bearing available that will cure this and save all the resulting damage time and more importantly money.
    Also it is more freely available in NZ.

Shit, this would be bad thing for buckets after all.

Same you can't use it because it isn't legal as its from a Competition engine.(ROD and Bearing)
    FXR rods are like tyres, you replace them every now and then, its easier with tyres though because you can see them. Just put a new one in every 2 or 3 seasons and they no big problem. Aparently the problem is they have 4mm rollers and would be better off with 3.5mm rollers like a DR200 ? An DR is a farmbike isnt it just like a TS/RM
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    An DR is a farmbike isnt it just like a RM
    Will have to check Pete Sales Catalog. But it sounds plausible.
    Bearings don't tell tales.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    yup have done pretty much since the rule changed......unlike some very cleaver (or stupid) buggars on here I have no idea on tuning a two smoker. My FXR did 3500-4000 race km all on big circuits (Ruapuna and Levels mostly) and did the rod and rings, lucky i did the B/E bearing cage was in two bits. As FXR's go, its a true bucket, engine mildly tuned and its in a 1KT TZR frame with RS125 fairings.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Aparently the problem is they have 4mm rollers and would be better off with 3.5mm rollers like a DR200 ? An DR is a farmbike isnt it just like a TS/RM
    I have a DR200 big end if you want to measure it up
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I have a DR200 big end if you want to measure it up
    The DR200 I think is a no go. From Memory the FXR150 is a 30mm pin like a Honda.
    KTM do a lovely bearing but you can't use that. KTM also do a nice strong rod but can't use that either.
    There is a yummy MMC one that weighs only 98 grams as well but you can't use that either.Unless you custom order it then it would be legal?

Anyway I digress here is a nice 37mm big end long rod SR125 in the first list
    http://www.mxcomposites.com/con_rod.php
    http://www.connectingrod.com.tw/ktm.htm
    http://www.pro-x.com/downloads/Technical.pdf
    more rods here for the inquisitive types
    http://www.kevinbreedonracing.co.uk/...ts_conrods.asp
    http://www.connectingrod.com.tw/honda.htm
    http://www.samarin.nl/webshop/index....ewCat&catId=32
    http://www.tkrj.co.jp/
    http://findebookee.com/c/connecting-rod the one is capt

Here are some one of them I was going to use for the original stroker xr200.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pro x Yamaha.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	344.1 KB 
ID:	249089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rods for fxr150.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	248695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MMC rods Yummy.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	248819  
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    See we stop arguing and the thread dies again. Oh well I am the last poster again I guess.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    See we stop arguing and the thread dies again. Oh well I am the last poster again I guess.

aha but no you arn't
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    aha but not you arn't
    Did you have a look at the rods I see TZ has Not sure why.

Answer only if you wear Girls underwear.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Answer only if you wear Girls underwear.
    Pink frilly ones

Thread Information