Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Rules for Husaberg

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    What list? I run a TKRJ DT125 rod and bearing. I may have mentioned that I have created a list that cross referenced non model specific big ends that will fit my rod in case the standard product is not up to the job? If your rod and bearing are non model specific then use them and tell everyone to stick their misrepresentation of the rules up their pipes, just make sure you have it fully covered.
    As for your kart parts, looks like you only got a couple of bites

Sorry kel it was Bert, i had talked to you about the Prox Cattledog at the same time Whoops.
    You must err type a like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Moooools View Post
    I want to get in on this.

If I had a company called Racing Kart the first thing I would make would be parts for racing karts.

My take would be that it is most likely a part for another kart engine that could be used for the SGM. I don't see why a company called Racing Kart would make a rod that was neither intended for racing, nor kart just so someone could adapt it for a racing kart engine.

I know, how abouts you email them ask ask what its original purpose was. I would love to see the reply.
    I think the email is on the website email away.
    the rest of my side of the debate is below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    So if I can find a wiseco rod advertised as designed for a Honda RS125 is it legal? HRC didn't make the thing after all.
    As below.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    I think Husaburg has maybe shot himself in the foot here, by going on and on about legal or not legal mainbearings etc and creating a cloud over lots of things that are just generic high quality parts that happen to be used in race engines as well as non competition.

Then he finds himself in a situation where he has found the perfect rod which is right in every way except eligibility and is trying to convince himself and others its ok simply by 2 words on the website. Kind of like convincing your wife a bit of offshore drilling would be OK

Truth is if he just bought it and fitted it nobody would be any the wiser, there is only 1 race a year on the west coast.

A little harsh have you read all my posts. i guess you may not have .But don't worry Husaberg fires only blanks these days
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    [

Look guys I never suggested Speedro was cheated I simply pointed out By his own interpretation of the rules that he offered on the board both He and Dave were saying he was.
    this is my original post that they both responded to It was never my intention to start a shit fight.
    but when attacked I will respond

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    24-2-4 Engines must be derived from non-competition motorcycles. Motocross, Road Racing,
    Enduro and Go Kart motors and transmission parts are not permitted.
    There shall be no
    restriction on the make, type or design of carburettor, ignition, exhaust, piston, cam, valve
    springs or cooling system except for class eligibility. All engines must be normally
    aspirated except F4 4 stroke engines of less than 100cc capacity, which may be turbo or
    supercharged.
    F4 2 stroke engines over 104cc are restricted to carburation equivalent to a single 24mm
    carburettor, F5 4 stroke engines over 53cc are restricted to carburation equivalent to a
    single 20mm carburettor.
    For the benefit of other I will clearly state my position
    Whist the rules look like they have a typo they say what they say that's it warts and all.
    They say what they say Don't shoot the messenger.

I would not race with a rs125 barrel or crank or gearbox because that's not what buckets are about it's a open sport that is meant to encourage development at a reasonable cost for all.A class were a clever engineer or tuner can experiment and show flair and parts bin raiding to get what you want but i would not feel guilty about using a cr125 big end bearing or a cr80 clutch Plates.
    I to would want to see the s removed and the rest of the points cleared up.

I say we are all jackasses for being on the computer when we should be spending time on our bikes

Ps i do feel remorse for the comments made about the shagging.But its was meant to be a slagging match thread wasn't it
    I do like to think i are actually trying to encourage open debate of the rules.
    Some of my post can be a little devious mind you, i must admit that.

The rod is far from perfect i would rather have a wider big end a 18mm little end and thats just for starters. It was actually posted
    as it would be perfect for say a MB100.
    Here is the dimensions for a real SGM125 rod. Rather than just for a rod that is "Adaptable" to one.

Connecting Rod 20x113mm
    Model: F196.20113
    Manufacturer: SGM Engines
    Price: 178.61EUR 151.82EUR
    Racing rod, big diameter 26 mm, small diameter 19 mm, thickness 15 mm, length 113 mm
    http://www.maranello-engineering.com...0356f1bd0ba66a
    This rod i deem to be illegal.

My ideal rod would be around 112 -113mm support a 20mm crankpin big end 17mm ish wide and a 18mm little end for a 14mm pin and be er....Free

Which i don't have BTW no ones said anything about the bearing that were posted with it either why is that?
    But if we must rule out the rod we have to first do all this
    Exclude the rather obvious s in the rules as i has pointed out at least 10 times before.
    Exclude the MNZ own rulings.
    Exclude the fact that "Adaptable" means just that.
    Exclude that fact that it is not written that it has to be from any given manufacturer.
    Then exclude the fact it is not written anywhere who is allowed or has to sell the rod.

Bu....t Yes that is right one one actually knows (or probably cares)what rod i do or not have.
    but i do know the answer to the offshore drilling question. Not in favour of it apparently
    Oh we do have have vehicles that allow us coaster's to enter other race meeting's you know.
    I also seem to remember there is a Kart club as well that doesn't mind buckets crashing the party as well.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    sorry i disagree if you read again it says adaptable to a competition motor. the racing kart logo is i believe the manufacturer.
    Yes " it says adaptable " well clearly English is not the manufacturers first language, so are we playing semantics with their imperfect interpretation. I wounder what they meant in their own language?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    Yes " it says adaptable " well clearly English is not the manufacturers first language, so are we playing semantics with their imperfect interpretation. I wounder what they meant in their own language?
    You may be correct. on all three counts, but the point is as with any rule it is what it actually says that actually matters.

The word as far as i am aware is actually based on a a latin word so i guess there meaning will be very similar if not exactly the same anyway.

adapt (əˈdæpt)

— vb

( often foll by to ) to adjust (someone or something, esp oneself) to different conditions, a new environment, etc

( tr ) to fit, change, or modify to suit a new or different purpose: to adapt a play for use in schools

Definition of ADAPTABLE

: capable of being or becoming adapted

— adapt·abil·i·ty \-ˌdap-tə-ˈbi-lə-tē\ noun

See adaptable defined for English-language learners »

Examples of ADAPTABLE

1. an adaptable tool that combines a screwdriver, a corkscrew, and pliers

First Known Use of ADAPTABLE

Related to ADAPTABLE

Synonyms: versatile, all-around (also all-round), protean, universal

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
    Adj. 1. adaptable - capable of adapting (of becoming or being made suitable) to a particular situation or use; "to succeed one must be adaptable"; "the frame was adaptable to cloth bolts of different widths"
    unadaptable - not adaptable

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2011 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

adaptable
    adjective
    1. flexible, variable, versatile, resilient, easy-going, changeable, modifiable, conformable They are adaptable foragers that can survive on a wide range of foods.
    2. adjustable, flexible, compliant, malleable, pliant, plastic, modifiable, alterable He hopes to make the workforce more adaptable and skilled.
    Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Cool an English lesson: I use to have to write out pages of the "collins"... never understood why I still can't spell given the pure numbers of words written....

not quite right but totally fine in terms of our current rules: AF1 is a non-comp engine.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150792156398
    Just bore out your pistons to 15mm and be done with it... it's only 0.5mm and they will still be strong at the pin and if your lucky the clip groves will still be there to deepen.

I've got Kamil's email address (and catalogue all 19mb of it) and he's great to deal with; given he's in Poland... fast turn around; better than some of the local shops here in PN...

Bike
    husaberg

Bike
    husaberg
    Source of the rod adaptable to the sgm engine

Bugggerrr

It is actually made for a RG500 but........
    http://www.maranello-engineering.com...3mm-p-244.html

Nice site though.
    Nice Rg500 cylinders as well.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    Source of the rod adaptable to the sgm engine

Bugggerrr

It is actually made for a RG500 but........
    http://www.maranello-engineering.com...3mm-p-244.html

Nice site though.
    Nice Rg500 cylinders as well.
    storing some links....
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    BSA A10
    Going by some of their other parts the quality will be total shit and wont fit anyway
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Going by some of their other parts the quality will be total shit and wont fit anyway
    no idea i just use the storage of links
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg

Bike