Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha NXC125 20,000km

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    That's the thingy that's being installed. I've gone over the scooter and the only place to put the radiator is under the seat. I'm going to move the pump, fan controller and relay, radiator, and fan to under the seat and fabricate support and ducts. I was trying to retain use of the underseat area but there is no other place to put the radiator. The good thing is that it will be even stealthier.
    Came off the motorway at Te Atatu Rd today and went to the front of the queue at the lights beside a loud Harley with ape hangers. Did my usual "smart" getaway and got to the lights at Covil Ave before the Harley. Rinse and repeat as they say up to the lights by the Caltex. Same again up to the left turn at the lights by countdown. This time on the green light the Harley was off making a huge racket. Boy, he showed me.
    The guy that did the lambretta powered by a 350LC put the rad in the legsheilds.
    much like this

if it had a front basket it could go in there......
    Much like the first YZ80 LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The leg shields have barely enough room to run a 5/8 heater hose. Talking to the certification guy the requirement for something up front is all curves to deflect a pedestrian. It would have been difficult to make and probably ended up ugly.
    I have the scooter stripped down and have more or less worked out where everything is going. The trick is allowing for engine movement with rear suspension travel. The hoses have to be able to move without putting strain on anything or getting jammed. I'll have a look at a warning light on the front to let me know when the fan is running.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0487.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	440.6 KB 
ID:	348895  

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I've been able to make a bit of progress. The radiator is going to be fitted in the rear of the underseat compartment. The perforated plate is going to attach to small brackets to be installed onto the enclosure walls. The RG50 radiator is attached to that using the standard mounting points. On the other side of the radiator is another plate attached to what used to be the mounts for the plastic shroud and the fan is mounted on that. I will cut a couple of 50mm(?) holes in the back of the underseat to let the air out. It's going to be pretty tidy with only a bit of black rubber hose visible on the left side which I doubt most people will even notice.

Name:	IMG_0489.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	421.0 KB 
ID:	348898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0490.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	393.5 KB 
ID:	348899  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So why the big plate blocking off 30% of the area?

Big fan I assume?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The big plate is simply a way of mounting the radiator. If needed there is a FZR250 fan mounted on the smaller plate on the other side of the radiator.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It is now fully legal with WOF, rego, and LVVTA certification. I replaced the fan with a 120mm fan which moves 124CFM and the temp is well under control. I had to fully enclose the air path through the radiator and fan to the vent holes in the back of the storage area to stop hot air simply recirculating under the seat. I'll have to take it for a few rides on the motorway to be sure but the temperature is under control when thrashing around the suburbs.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Numbnuts lockdown here at the moment. It looks like I'm going to cave in to temptation and take it for a ride later today.
    I have given it a couple of good thrashes on the motorway and the temperature stays wherever I have it set. I have a gauge on the handlebar to keep an eye on things and it hardly varies. It is surprising how long it takes to get fully warmed up, maybe 10 minutes of casual riding or more.

Bike
    husaberg
    Numbnuts lockdown here at the moment. It looks like I'm going to cave in to temptation and take it for a ride later today.
    I have given it a couple of good thrashes on the motorway and the temperature stays wherever I have it set. I have a gauge on the handlebar to keep an eye on things and it hardly varies. It is surprising how long it takes to get fully warmed up, maybe 10 minutes of casual riding or more.
    i seen an inline bypas therm on TM last night it was $25
    I cant remember what it was off.
    OKay $35 and a Ducati
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...2?bof=3kIYdJCK
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    That might be useful on my twin. I have an electric pump on the way for it as well

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The radiator now mounted under the seat out of site. a high speed fan is mounted at the back drawing air through the radiator and expelling it out the back through holes in the storage compartment.

Name:	Scooter radiator2.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	379.8 KB 
ID:	350264  

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    That might be useful on my twin. I have an electric pump on the way for it as well
    If you're not interested in paying Ducati prices, there is an aftermarket product for KLR650s that does the same thing, but is probably higher quality - google "thermobob"
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The little silver box you can just see to the left of the photo is the fan controller. The temp it turns on is adjustable in 2deg steps. Once on it stays on until the temp drops 5deg. So far it has been very good. I like to have the pump running continuously as my theory is that the water flowing all the time eliminates hot spots. Either way it seems to work well.
    The only minor problem I have experienced is that once in a while the fan controller defaults to 100deg. It doesn't seem to affect operation, if anything it may even improve throttle response. All it does is pump a bit of water out.
    Currently I'm running with the baffle out. The noise is just fine when idling at the lights but as soon as you touch the throttle it rivals a Harley with straight pipes.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    If you're not interested in paying Ducati prices, there is an aftermarket product for KLR650s that does the same thing, but is probably higher quality - google "thermobob"
    https://www.agskartparts.com.au/imag...-BYPASS-RETURN

https://fastech-racing.com/thermostats/

https://infernoheaters.com/product/t...-bypass-valve/
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    After much thrashing it was finally time for a bit of maintenance. I'd been adjusting a bit of duct tape on the cooling shroud on the engine and disturbed a ground wire from the ignition. This made the bike less than enthusiastic about starting with the result that I spent a bit of time cranking it over which it doesn't really like. It got really reluctant to catch and turn the motor and when it did start was making a few rattly noises. It was time to check rollers and the belt anyway so I stripped it down which turned out to be a good idea. The starter clutch was toast with one roller even turned sideways. The brass inserts on 3 variator rollers, all the same weight, had come loose and slid out the end of the plastic and rubbed hard on the alloy of the alloy pulley.

I ordered a couple of clutches some time back so cleaned the whole lot and fitted one. I fitted the variator rollers back in but facing the other way. I will replace them as soon as replacements arrive. I do have spares but they are a bit lighter and it already pulls plenty of revs on the motorway. It's supposedly good for 11,500 rpm but I don't think that applies to continuous on a motorway. I think it would also make it more wheelie prone away from lights and I don't need that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clutch3.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	350791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	variator1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	350792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clutch1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	350793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clutch2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	350794

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Found another problem on the way home today. The belt is in a number of pieces and the scooter doesn't want to go any more. Luckily I was close to Patiki Road on ramp and after coasting across from lane 4 where it happened i pushed it back up the on ramp to my mate Kev's workshop. I have already asked about getting a replacement so hopefully it'll get sorted pretty quick. I have an old spare so hopefully that will do until the new one arrives. I'll be taking it easy.

Thread Information