Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna Nuda 900R

Bike
    It was on the good
    Anybody going to have a guess at the RRP if it ever makes it over here? I could be persuaded by this bike. Not sure about the wife but.

Bike
    wr426,tdm900,real bonneville
    has anyone heard it yet....please let it sound rorty...hoping the exhaust is where they found extra ponnies over bmw!

Bike
    Lots

Thumbs up New Nuda

I know this thread is old but, I've just brought this week one after having a test ride last weekend. It's a very cool bike IMHO and it sounds very GRRRRR. This: Nuda 900 R on Youtube, is the best video I could find of how it actually sounds - stock.
    I got back to the shop (after what must have been a very nervous time for the shop as my ride was somewhat extended) with a huge grin on my face.
    I got the R version which RRP's at 19,990. The standard Nuda 900 is $17,490. I pick it up Tuesday fingers crossed.

FYI, I've owned a Honda XR600, Yamaha XT660X, Yamaha WR250F, Husqvarna SM450R, and Aprilia SXV550 in the past. See the pattern?

Of all the prior bikes, this one suits my current needs best. I can see myself sticking with this bike for quite some time.

You can get a factory alarm, panniers (that don't look ugly once fitted) and a whole load of other options: Husqvarna NUDA 900 Special Parts.

Go take one for a test ride - you wont be disappointed. BTW: Go speak to the guys at Motorad if you live in the Wellington region, they have a demo up and running. Glen or Carl will help you out.
    BTW: before you ask, I am in no way affiliated with Motorad.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Nice choice! Keep us updated on your progress.

Bike
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Nice choice! Keep us updated on your progress.
    Will do.

BTW: I forgot to mention that I took the Nuda 900 out (not the R version). And it was in rain mode when I took it out - we only realised this once I got back to the shop.

The R version has an OHLINS rear shock, fully adjustable Sachs forks, upgraded Brembo monobloc calipers, 1 tooth less on the countershaft sprocket, some token carbon fibre on the exhaust, a "racing" seat, and different colours (red and white on the R vs black and white on the standard).

So it will be interesting to see the difference in ride (if any) to the standard version. Will report back when I can finally pry myself off the bike.

Bike
    Nice. Keen to hear your feelings on handling, power[esp as they are not light]and comfort on a trip.

Bike
    Lots
    Not taking delivery until Wednesday now due to unforeseen circumstances. Roll on Wednesday.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I'm also keen to hear how you find it once you have done a few kms on it. I owned a F800S that donated the motor to Husky. Might try and sample the demo to see what an extra 100cc can do.
    Funky looking machines. They have quite a dirt bike riding position.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Lots
    While I'm no expert on all things motorbikes, I have ridden enough of them to feel like I'm in a position to have an opinion (if even a small one ). I do tend to favour the upright riding position as mentioned prior, so bear that in mind with the comments I make.

With that being said, I've decided to put up a first impressions post and then flick up another in a few weeks as a comparison. Also keep in mind, I was being careful with the bike I had as it was not mine - not that I won’t do due diligence on my bike. The demo was also in rain mode as mentioned before.

The pictures on the net don’t do the Nuda justice, you need to go look at one in the flesh. It was kinda funny as the first time I laid eyes on the bike, I walked straight past the standard Nuda 900 (didn’t even notice it), and walked straight up to the 900 R. Whether it was because it was up in front of the shop on the raised platform or not I don’t know. But I knew it was the Nuda straight away. It wasn’t until the standard 900 was pointed out to me that I sheepishly smiled and started to observe the differences between the two. Some people love the looks, some hate it. I’m obviously in the former category.
    Sitting on the bike, it feels slim in the midsection (not race motard slim) and has a large appearance when looking down at the tank, then tapers off to the front guard. The seat was comfortable also. I think I could last a few hundred K’s before having to de-numb the bum!
    For the ride, I found the Nuda 900 to be very easy to ride - very forgiving. The bike “feels” very light considering it weighs 175kg dry. The Yamaha XT660X I used to have, felt quite weighty in comparison despite having a similar dry weight and similar riding position (not that I'm attempting to make a connection between the Nuda and the XT).
    We decided to do the Makara beach ride then up SH1 which is always good for a short test given little traffic. The bike handled beautifully both going up and down the short length of twists and turns - very nimble indeed.
    The suspension seemed to cope well. I don’t know if any work had been done at the shop to accommodate the heavier KiwiBiker
    There was plenty of power when I needed it without having to pin the throttle or rev the crap out of it.
    It has a great amount of stopping power. I'm almost concerned that the 900 R might have too much for the street with the Brembo monobloc's. I'll have to take a wait and see approach.
    I was concerned with leaning the bike over too much as I had heard reports of people scraping the bottom of the exhausts along the tarmac. I didn’t notice any of this going on (you might well think I just didn’t lean it over enough - and correctly so, no doubt ). Again, a wait and see approach will have to be taken here.

That about sums it up. I’ll post back in a few weeks.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Congrats man. Nice looking and sounding bike.

Bike
    Lots
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Congrats man. Nice looking and sounding bike.
    Thanks. Am enjoying the 900R. Will do another post soon.

Bike
    Lots
    Having had the bike for over a good month now and it's been in for its first service (so has 1000k on it), I thought it was time for a follow up post.

In a few words, I still love it (yes, I'm still in the honeymoon period).

It's still running the stock settings on the suspension. In fact, the only thing I've really changed of note is had a factory alarm fitted. At $570, it wasn't cheap but figure its good extra insurance.

I mentioned that there were reports of the exhaust scraping on the ground. I don't see how, as I've had the thing leaned over as far as I dare.
    I wouldn't class myself as an expert so there's no doubt someone out there who would give it a decent go. But I've scrubbed off the maximum lean angle indicator on the Metzeler tyre. So if that's any indication?!?!?.....

The Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact tyres are super sticky. I tend to use a different brand of tyre but, I'm almost certain I'll stick (excuse the pun) with the Metzeler's for this bike.

There are only two concerns that I've observed at the moment:
    • The racing seat is a bit hard on the longer rides (the R version seat is a little bit more narrow and higher than the standard version). But I figure I'm good for a few hundred K before I have to get off and rest for a few mins.
    • Every damn bolt on this thing is a security bolt for which I don't have the drivers for. While it isn't really a concern, it's just something extra that I'll have to go and buy once the warranty runs out and I do the servicing myself.

Of note, some of the accessories for the Nuda 900/R look like they've been swiped off the BMW F800GS parts shelf. Which is kind of a plus as it makes finding upgrades easier
    Even the factory alarm "looked" identical to the F800GS option.

To sum it all up; I love the bike, there are plenty of accessories available, no glaring concerns.
    Husqvarna have made a fantastic bike.

That's about it. Go and test ride one.

Bike
    Nice report-keep them coming.

Bike
    big shiney pommy thing
    Awesome BG and glad you are enjoying the new bike, but the nuda is developed off the f800r platform.Not the gs as is commonly mistaken? (in NZ)
    The 800r is a far more agressive bike than the gs, the gs is a dual purpose, the r is a road bike you are doing your self a disservice comparing your bike to a gs!! (gs owners i don"t wish to sound like i"m knocking you.its just that the nuda is a pure road bike not a dual purpose)

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    Nick from NV Motorcycles was riding one at our latest poker run... Very nice bike and from where I was riding it was handling and accelerating nicely... Impressive bike
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Thread Information