Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesecutter campaign - losing the battle

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5

Cheesecutter campaign - losing the battle

Jul 17 - Life Saving - 60 Minutes (11:30 min near end of story) Re: WRB

Any comments from BRONZ or MAG? Or is the fight over and the battle lost for bikers when it comes to WRB?
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Anne emailed 60 mintues as soon as the programme finished...

The reply was....
    ''thank you for your feedback concerning our show - we appreciate you
    taking the time to let us know your thoughts
    I will forward your correspondence onto the team behind the story''

Dont know what our beloved action groups did (if anything?) ..Not sure if mag is still going?
    Personally I feel the WRB thing is a now a lost cause.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Well if MAG is nearly history and BRONZ a weak as a wet rag on the WRB issue, it must be time for me ta sell the bike, and get in ta the Kayak Fishing instead.
    New Zealand......

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
    Well if MAG is nearly history and BRONZ a weak as a wet rag on the WRB issue, it must be time for me ta sell the bike, and get in ta the Kayak Fishing instead.
    Thought you were right into paddle power already?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Realistically, how long has it been since that one and only protest ride up the southern m/way? and nothing since then.
    In general, those that ride bikes and have an issue with any part of it dont stand up make a noise about it, until someone with the nouse does. Then the band wagon is suddenly gets full of good ideas.
    If the pushers dont keep pushing then it was a giant waste of everybody's time.
    That very scenario happened again at then end of 09'.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Thought you were right into paddle power already?
    Aye Fish'n & Snorking from the Yak now. Bike's Rego is on hold over Winter & I will have to decide whether ta sell "Bagheera" come Summer. Just not getting out on the bike as much as I used to. So if we are loosing the Rego/WRB/Biker Rights Wars, then what is the point of me holding on ta it?
    New Zealand......

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Realistically, how long has it been since that one and only protest ride up the southern m/way? and nothing since then.
    Aye, couple of years back that 60Minute Story would have caused a stir of posts on here. Now apart from Anne's action and your posts, this issue is lying dead in the water.
    If Bikers don't wake-up then Land-transport will just continue ta do what they like with-out a care for Bikers. Nick Smith will have won too, with his pet Bikers helping him ta get bikers ta tow the line.
    New Zealand......

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Unfortunately majority rules and as it is basically all cars that are crossing the center line they will look at what does the best for them.
    If i remember what was said it was 1 car every ten days was hitting them. If that is right I say leave them there.
    I know what will happen to me if i hit one and pray i never do but since they have been up there has been what two people have hit them.

I think this is a dead cause as it has not been proved they are the menace to bikes that was stated.

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Aye Fish'n & Snorking from the Yak now. Bike's Rego is on hold over Winter & I will have to decide whether ta sell "Bagheera" come Summer. Just not getting out on the bike as much as I used to. So if we are loosing the Rego/WRB/Biker Rights Wars, then what is the point of me holding on ta it?
    If you can't answer that yourself then what hope is there?

I only get to ride once a week due to work and come Sunday rain or shine I'm on a bike, be that dirt or road.
    They will never get rid of bikes for they are just indescribably fun.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Sounds like it. What response did you get to your complaint?

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Sounds like it. What response did you get to your complaint?
    Anne did not me see
    Anne emailed 60 mintues as soon as the programme finished...

The reply was....
    ''thank you for your feedback concerning our show - we appreciate you
    taking the time to let us know your thoughts
    I will forward your correspondence onto the team behind the story''
    New Zealand......

Bike
    It was on the good
    Yeah but if you care about an issue, and it sounds like you do about this one, why rely on MAG or BRONZ? They may not even have the same viewpoint as you.

I once had a job where I had to deal with complaints. A letter from a representative body like BRONZ was worth no more than a letter from an individual to me. Fifty individual responses were worth far more than something from a body representing any amount of people.

Both were worth more than petitions though, which are fucking pointless if you ask me.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    I think this is a dead cause as it has not been proved they are the menace to bikes that was stated.
    WRB Have been proven as a major hazard for Motor Bikes, especially Over-Sea, but no-one is listening here. And now it seems they have even conned Bikers here that WBR are OK going by some of the posts on here
    At this rate you Guys will believe that the Bikoi was waste of time too, and that ACC are justified in raising Bike Rego Levies.
    Yep NZ is full of Two Legged Sheep happy ride the truck to the meat-works.
    New Zealand......

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Aye, couple of years back that 60Minute Story would have caused a stir of posts on here. Now apart from Anne's action and your posts, this issue is lying dead in the water.
    If Bikers don't wake-up then Land-transport will just continue ta do what they like with-out a care for Bikers. Nick Smith will have won too, with his pet Bikers helping him ta get bikers ta tow the line.
    To be fair though, how many of us actually watch 60 minutes? I'm not sure if the quality of reporting used to be any better, but that sort of program often just shows the slant that the majority of viewers want. Not a fan of those on demand sites either, bloody hard to navigate, can someone point me in the direction of where to give feedback?

From MAG's point of view, we are still trying to open dialogue with TPTB, and trying to keep up with any real developments such as studies on this issue. We would like to see more bikers getting stuck in on this sort of thing as well obviously, as berries says, numbers speak louder than organisations.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Did you do anything Doug? Write to someone? MP? Local paper?

See, everybody wants someone else to take the lead, and do something about it, when it should be that if an issue upsets you, you should be the one to do something about it.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Thread Information