Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My bike has FINALLY arrived!!!

Bike
    Goose

My bike has FINALLY arrived!!!

Okay, so this could quite possibly be one of the best day's of my life! Got a phone call today saying "your bikes arrived, and we can deliver it to your house tomorrow", so as you can imagine I was stoked, I was even more stoked when my boss agreed to give me the WHOLE day of work so I can ride all day long!!
    So Im all set to go, got my insurance sorted, got my leave form accepted and I even have my Loser plate ready to go. I hope I can sleep tonite!!
    All I can say is LOOK OUT WELLINGTON!! I hope that I can get through my first ride with as fewer "incidences" as eurynomes
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    sweet!!
    and big-ups to ya boss too!! Obvisouly knows what's important in life...
    just mind how you go, and don't rush anything!

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    sweet!!
    and big-ups to ya boss too!! Obvisouly knows what's important in life...
    just mind how you go, and don't rush anything!
    hehe, I think my boss is to scared to NOT give me the day of!! I plan on riding up and down my road for awhile before going too far a field, it is long and has a few nice corners etc . . . After im used to my bike i'll start going furthur . . . . then one day it'll be the 'Tukas!

Bike
    *sob* Nothing doing...
    Thats BRILLIANT Str8!!! I'm so chuffed for you (she says, from her lofty vantage point of one single ride!!!). When are we gonna go do some braking practice? Some riding in the wet? Where's a good place huh huh huh!?!? Does anyone know of any disused factory carparks where Str8 and I can go lurk on our gn's? And what colour is it?

I SOOO have my fingers crossed for a good weather day tomorrow down here too. ANother one like this would be FANTASTIC! Happy riding girly!
    It is easier to accept the message of the stars than the message of the salt desert. The stars speak of man's insignificance in the long eternity of time; the desert speaks of his insignificance right now. - Edwin Way Teale 1956

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Not fair, not fair, not fair! Today is a beautiful day and when my husband came home for lunch he said "it would be a great day for a ride..." Yes, I know it would be and I have the time spare to do it, but I am still suffering the side effects of a cold and I really - hate to admit it! - don't feel up to riding, even a short distance.

My head is still pretty stuffy and every time I breathe I feel like I have asthma, so I think I should stay off the bike until I feel better. Riding is one of those 'need to be 100% alert' activities and I don't want to kill myself or put anyone else in danger because I'm not feeling up to it.

So enjoy yourselves, and have a corner or two for me while you're at it!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurygnomes
    Thats BRILLIANT Str8!!! I'm so chuffed for you (she says, from her lofty vantage point of one single ride!!!). When are we gonna go do some braking practice? Some riding in the wet? Where's a good place huh huh huh!?!? Does anyone know of any disused factory carparks where Str8 and I can go lurk on our gn's? And what colour is it?

I SOOO have my fingers crossed for a good weather day tomorrow down here too. ANother one like this would be FANTASTIC! Happy riding girly!
    There is a school up the road from me BUT that would involve you riding to brooklyn . . . . Braking practice is definately first on the agenda, I can still here Simon Templeton screaming at me "use both brakes" lol!! And for wet road practice, im thinking that we won't have to wait too long for that, stinking bloody weather!
    My bike is a nice shiny black one :-) and hopefully it will stay that way for a while . . .
    I dont care what the weather does tomorrow, im riding, at least if its raining I'll get to wear my "stunning" navy PVC over pants, mate are they sexy!!

Bike
    *sob* Nothing doing...
    New question for ya on the Biker Angels' forum...
    It is easier to accept the message of the stars than the message of the salt desert. The stars speak of man's insignificance in the long eternity of time; the desert speaks of his insignificance right now. - Edwin Way Teale 1956

Bike
    Goose
    New question for ya on the Biker Angels' forum...
    Hey yea, forgot about that . . . but seeing as my boss has been soo good to me and gave me tomorrow off, I think i'll spend my last 45 mins working, or should I say not spend it on the internet

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    Crikey, another GN. They must be breeding. Still you can't go past an air cooled Suzuki.

Well unless you've got something faster.

Bike
    None any more
    I remember every metre of the journey as I rode my first bike home. Fantastic stuff. Enjoy your new bike. That's what it's for!
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket
    I can still here Simon Templeton screaming at me "use both brakes" lol!!
    S'Funny, I watched one of those courses with Andrew Templeton yelling "Head up! Head up!"

Fucken good course though (even if we do share slightly different views on how to ride a bike, eh Andy ), most people get the essentials drumed into their thick skulls over a few short hours.

Congrats on the bike H, you've waited long enough and been extremely patient. Enjoy.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Congrats .... hopefully the weather isn't like it is here in dorkland
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Where's a good place huh huh huh!?!? Does anyone know of any disused factory carparks where Str8 and I can go lurk on our gn's?
    After work hrs new subdivisions are good. Sports ground carparks are quiet mid week.

When you're up for it, the ride from Karori out to Makara is a goody, lots of corners and not very fast. You can come back thru Johnsonville too. Just watch out for the odd 4x4.
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    1999 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket
    Okay, so this could quite possibly be one of the best day's of my life! Got a phone call today saying "your bikes arrived, and we can deliver it to your house tomorrow", so as you can imagine I was stoked, I was even more stoked when my boss agreed to give me the WHOLE day of work so I can ride all day long!!
    So Im all set to go, got my insurance sorted, got my leave form accepted and I even have my Loser plate ready to go. I hope I can sleep tonite!!
    All I can say is LOOK OUT WELLINGTON!! I hope that I can get through my first ride with as fewer "incidences" as eurynomes

Thats good news
    I remember having a ball learning to ride on a friends Gn in an abandoned carpark.
    Take care and enjoy!
    "They say that if I do bungy jumping too much, I might get brian damage."
    "I don't even know who Brian is"

Bike
    My GN lasted a week. Some prick shot thru the roundabout at Porirua (by KMart) in his van and I didn't stop in time, plowed right into him, and his wife with her friend and about eight kids. Awoke in the middle of the road to all these kids screaming, wondered what the hell I'd done. Lucky for me, it was his fault, ruined his kids birthday tho.

Moral of this story.

Practice braking and watch out for dickheads driving cars, vans, the odd truck and definately buses. Its a cruel world out there.

The old milkstation in Johnsonville would be a good place to practice, anytime as its empty. Its off Fraser Ave, by the train station.

Have fun.

Thread Information