Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent gloves?

Bike
    depends

Question Decent gloves?

i prefer my summer weight gloves to my winter weights, but for one minor problem - my hands turn black when they get wet.

Anyone know of some decent ones that allow decent feel for the controls & don't leak the dye? Waterproof would be a bonus, but isn't strictly necessary. Maybe I just want too much (price up to about $150 I guess).
    Cheers muchly for any suggestions (except no, I don't want to wear over-glove thingies).

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
    yep, wear some tight fitting Chux dishwashing gloves inside your summer weight gloves. Works everytime.

Bike
    1986 honda vfr 750f, dr650 tardish
    spidi H2out winter gloves (yer 100% water proof)
    about 180 $ but oh so worth it.
    dont break your cake

Bike
    10 HUSQ TE310, 06 HONDA HORNET 900
    wet hands aint cool, and wet hands trying to put on wet gloves is even less cool
    i too long for summer weight/slim gloves that are waterproof^^, i guess all it does take is disposable gloves :O?, just pop em on when its rainin :R? i shall take some next time its raining and see how they are

HANDS MIGHT GET SLIPPERY

Bike
    Super Adventure 1290s, Bonnie T214
    Kangaroo skin palms will offer the best protection/comfort/feel, but I'm not sure whether you'll find any for $150.
    This weeks international insult is in Malayalam:

Thavalayolee
    You Frog Fucker

Bike
    All of them
    Probably heavier than you'd like but Dri-rider Nordic III. < $90 - personally found them better than the Spidis h2outs that i also have.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by badlieutenant
    spidi H2out winter gloves (yer 100% water proof)
    about 180 $ but oh so worth it.
    I second that comment, I have a pair and they are lovely - and they have never developed that revolting smell my cheaper gloves have. I've never had any dye come out of the Pro1 summer Spidis either. Mmn, I'm the Imelda Marcos of gloves, I love 'em!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchee
    i prefer my summer weight gloves to my winter weights, but for one minor problem - my hands turn black when they get wet.

Anyone know of some decent ones that allow decent feel for the controls & don't leak the dye? Waterproof would be a bonus, but isn't strictly necessary. Maybe I just want too much (price up to about $150 I guess).
    Cheers muchly for any suggestions (except no, I don't want to wear over-glove thingies).
    I use Spidi Tundras. They don't leak even in this crap weather we're having now. Good feel, no black hands. We have them at AMPS now @ $159.00 inc.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave
    Probably heavier than you'd like but Dri-rider Nordic III. < $90 - personally found them better than the Spidis h2outs that i also have.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin

Mate - I'll bring you in the Spidis for a look - my hands are wet through in 20 minutes on the un-hand-protected Tbird. Even from new-ish they leaked badly. Plus they are quite bulky compared to the Dririders.
    FWIW Hyland doesn't believe me either, but I don't rate them at all.

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    I've got a pair of teknic freeway's and I rate them very highly. Very very waterproof and keep my hands warm in chch temps. From memory they cost me $80. Had 1 crash in them and they held up extremly well, just a bit of scuffing on the palms, still look nearly brand new and I've had them for just on 2 years, done quite alot of riding with them aswell. Can't speak highly enough of them.

Heres a pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teknic-freewaywater.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	12257  

Bike
    05 iHornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by k14
    I've got a pair of teknic freeway's and I rate them very highly. Very very waterproof and keep my hands warm in chch temps. From memory they cost me $80. Had 1 crash in them and they held up extremly well, just a bit of scuffing on the palms, still look nearly brand new and I've had them for just on 2 years, done quite alot of riding with them aswell. Can't speak highly enough of them.

Heres a pic:
    Have you ever had to re-water proof them ??

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Nope, they have always kept the water out for me. Although chch never gets and monsoon like conditions that are experienced in other parts of the country I have still ridden in some fairly decent downpours and they have kept my hands nice and warm and dry.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchee

Anyone know of some decent ones that allow decent feel for the controls & don't leak the dye? Waterproof would be a bonus, but isn't strictly necessary.
    You sound like me - I too prefer summer gloves.
    But (BUT!!) I do have some winter gloves - Orina Denvers - and I REALLY HATE THEM!! So, the other day I went browsing at Motomail, and found several different gloves that would do the trick, ranging from the Freeways k14 mentioned, to waterproof summer ones, to very warm and comfy winter ones.
    Prices ranged from $89 through to $240 odd.
    So don't despair - there ARE gloves out there that aren't too bulky yet are waterproof.
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer
    I've never had any dye come out of the Pro1 summer Spidis either.
    I've got some of them too! Great gloves (even if mine are hideously colourful (yellow, white, black) Unfortunately, I've worn a hole in one fingertip, after nearly 5 years of use.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    05 iHornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by k14
    Nope, they have always kept the water out for me. Although chch never gets and monsoon like conditions that are experienced in other parts of the country I have still ridden in some fairly decent downpours and they have kept my hands nice and warm and dry.
    Well I dont think much of wet cold hands and the gloves I shelled out around 150 for were "Nobo - Thinsulate - Motran"
    I've re-water proofed then recently. But ended up putting on heated grips to increase the comfort level.

Thread Information