Page 212 of 919 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 13784

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Club Orlov has a nice little post last week.......

post http://cluborlov.blogspot.ca/2014/09...dity.html#more

Lovely little ditti for the oldies then.......

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d marge View Post
    Lovely little ditti for the oldies then.......

Stephen
    Don't post shit like that as you'll drive the ACC hearing aid repair bill through the roof. Much better:

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    And its not even Xmas yet ......I must get off me arse and see whats in the shops ......

Because these idiots , have finally done it ,,,,,,

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29321136

and we all know who has an agreement with one and the other !

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...263739,00.html

So we just sit back and see the response

Wot an absolute arsse the warmongering pricks are

but dont worry We get a new Flag , that will fool em !!!

Stephen

with musical background as suggested
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I was looking for the article that Iran had recently allowed a chinese warship to dock. Little did I know that whist searching that I'd find some fear that's putting the west and the east in close proximity with each other i.e. syria. The great game of chicken goes on

Have some fear:

Bike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    "There is plenty in that for Tony Abbott to emulate: even more so as the scale of the National Party's success is only rivaled by that of Labour's humiliation."
    Meanwhile in Israel, the Haaretz newspaper reported that Jewish people in New Zealand would be "relieved" at Key's re-election.
    "Jogn Key's government has in the past shown greater sympathy to Israel and the Jewish community than the previous government, and during the most recent conflict with Gaza the foreign affairs department was not very outspoken and was reasonably balanced in their comments," Jewish Federation of New Zealand president Alison Dyson told the paper.

Now that is a surprise.......

Stephen

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries

Bike
    YZ 144, monster 800, rs250
    get ready to say good by to the middle class, and may other things

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokel View Post
    get ready to say good by to the middle class, and may other things

Middle class went back in the late 80s . .
    Sorry to report

Bike
    YZ 144, monster 800, rs250
    Middle class went back in the late 80s . .
    Sorry to report
    all the wealth in the middle class has been transferred to the elite since the 1950's
    I wonder who thinks their kiwisaver will still be there when they retire? haha

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    America to send up to 3000 troops to help Ebola

Snip
    WASHINGTON — Under pressure to do more to confront the Ebola outbreak sweeping across West Africa, President Obama on Tuesday is to announce an expansion of military and medical resources to combat the spread of the deadly virus, administration officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/16/wo...nst-ebola.html

Handy dandy to , can set up a few command centres , ...Help Syria to win the war ...........

Stephen

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    yeeeeaaaaa!
    bomb the fuck out of that cunt!

o....wait on...

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    That should really help it.
    It keeps running out of stupid Africans to spread, but seems to spread well onto stupid Americans.

But don't worry about the Americans - "God" will save them
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Just been reading Dmitry Orlovs "The Five Stages Of Collapse". Interesting stuff.

Stage 1: Financial collapse. Faith in "business as usual" is lost. The future is no longer assumed resemble the past in any way that allows risk to be assessed and financial assets to be guaranteed. Financial institutions become insolvent; savings are wiped out, and access to capital is lost.

Stage 2: Commercial collapse. Faith that "the market shall provide" is lost. Money is devalued and/or becomes scarce, commodities are hoarded, import and retail chains break down, and widespread shortages of survival necessities become the norm.

Stage 3: Political collapse. Faith that "the government will take care of you" is lost. As official attempts to mitigate widespread loss of access to commercial sources of survival necessities fail to make a difference, the political establishment loses legitimacy and relevance.

Stage 4: Social collapse. Faith that "your people will take care of you" is lost, as local social institutions, be they charities or other groups that rush in to fill the power vacuum run out of resources or fail through internal conflict.

Stage 5: Cultural collapse. Faith in the goodness of humanity is lost. People lose their capacity for "kindness, generosity, consideration, affection, honesty, hospitality, compassion, charity" (Turnbull, The Mountain People). Families disband and compete as individuals for scarce resources. The new motto becomes "May you die today so that I die tomorrow" (Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago).
    The thing is, ALL civilisations/societies collapse at some point - it's just a matter of when.

The USSR collapse of 1991 got as far as stage 3 before it was pulled back, due to the structure of Russian society more than anything else - when the US goes, it'll probably go all the way (as they tend to do anyway....)

The "Limits to growth" study in 1972, often derided and marginalised, but frequently updated and checked against "progress", still suggests we are on track for societal collapse by mid 21st century. Combined with some predictions of runaway global warming of up to 4C by 2050,
    Some reports by the likes of the World Bank, pdfs here, and here , the International Energy Agency and Price Waterhouse Cooper suggest that 4 degrees C of warming above pre-industrial global temperatures could be experienced by as early as 2040-2050 . ( p1 para 4 and 5)
    4 degrees warming isn’t an option for us either biologically or in terms of having a civilisation. That level of warming is widely seen within the scientific community as being incompatible with any kind of organised global community. So we have to avoid it. No ‘ifs’ and no ‘buts’.
    It could well be an interesting next 30 yrs! What a bugger I won't be around to see it.......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Thread Information