Page 2 of 919 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Great idea for passing the chicken pox... yet frowned upon... I take it the lollies are licked then wrapped

The great british student out for his annual fee protest... could get messy, although perhaps this one will pass by without incident

Sarkozy tells Obama Netanyahu is a "liar"... so frenchy says "I cannot bear Netanyahu, he's a liar," and yanky replies "You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you,"... plus a little UN funding fear for shits n OMG's

Bill Clinton Q&A: Taxing the Rich Is Not ‘Anti-Wealth, It’s Pro-Fairness’ ... pah, tell that to some folk over 'ere ya horn dawg.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    All of them

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Two million strike in UK over pensions... but they'er doing more damage than good to the economy so they should just shut the fuck up and let the govt do what it does best... or maybe that's why they're... nahhhh

Woman “imprisoned” on Scientology cruise ship for 12 years... bet she's got a crhttp://finance.yahoo.com/news/stocks-leap-central-banks-coordinated-144638713.html

Stocks leap on central banks' coordinated action... normal service is resuming, please find your flotation devices under your seats as the gamblers go to work again... as long as the stock market is working again, everything will be sweet waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Two million strike in UK over pensions... but they'er doing more damage than good to the economy so they should just shut the fuck up and let the govt do what it does best... or maybe that's why they're... nahhhh

[
    who really cares? I know i don't. they still have their pension, a bigger one than most, fuck I wasn't even earning 47k a year when i was last there.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    who really cares? I know i don't. they still have their pension, a bigger one than most, fuck I wasn't even earning 47k a year when i was last there.
    heh, aye they still have their pension, but I think they know that it will be worth next to fuck all by the time they retire. Osbourne recently stated (media report) that cost of living was currently rising 5% per year and they're asking people on low wages to lose another %3+ from their salary in return for a 1% pay increase. I'm no mathematician, but it's hardly surprising that they're striking... should be coming to a govt near you soon I reckon.

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    heh, aye they still have their pension, but I think they know that it will be worth next to fuck all by the time they retire. Osbourne recently stated (media report) that cost of living was currently rising 5% per year and they're asking people on low wages to lose another %3+ from their salary in return for a 1% pay increase. I'm no mathematician, but it's hardly surprising that they're striking... should be coming to a govt near you soon I reckon.
    Some off the stuff they have had to put up with is pretty shit.
    Still they are paid more than some private sectors and have better conditions than most.
    this is what killed off the mines, but now the jobs have to be done by someone so they will just bring in cheap labour and no one will have a job.

And yes I know this has already started in the private sector through out the UK, don't even get me started on that.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Some off the stuff they have had to put up with is pretty shit.
    Still they are paid more than some private sectors and have better conditions than most.
    this is what killed off the mines, but now the jobs have to be done by someone so they will just bring in cheap labour and no one will have a job.
    nah, the mines died because cost of living and mining was rising and the people "needed" pay rises (rightly or wrongly I care not) to keep up their standards of living, whilst at the same time the 3rd world turned up with shit loads of coal that was cheaper to shift half way around the world than it was to mine up the road. As a business, are you gonna buy the expensive stuff or the cheap stuff? Why not let the workers take the fall for being greedy... but that's just one version.

Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter
    And yes I know this has already started in the private sector through out the UK, don't even get me started on that.
    killjoy

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    nah, the mines died because cost of living and mining was rising and the people "needed" pay rises (rightly or wrongly I care not) to keep up their standards of living, whilst at the same time the 3rd world turned up with shit loads of coal that was cheaper to shift half way around the world than it was to mine up the road. As a business, are you gonna buy the expensive stuff or the cheap stuff? Why not let the workers take the fall for being greedy... but that's just one version.
    Funny thing is my grand and great grandfather blame the unions, go figure, i always blamed Maggie.
    Either way they didn't or couldn't change with the times and paid the price, well the workers paid the price.
    Just like the ship works in Newcastle.

Now it's being in the EU that's the cause.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Funny thing is my grand and great grandfather blame the unions, go figure, i always blamed Maggie.
    Either way they didn't or couldn't change with the times and paid the price, well the workers paid the price.
    Just like the ship works in Newcastle.

Now it's being in the EU that's the cause.
    My mum and dad blamed the unions... hindsight is a wonderful thing eh. Maggie killed the unions because they rocked the boat. I saw organisations wanting fair pay for their members, albeit at the expense of the producers' margins... the golden age of capitalism I guess. Newcastle, Glasgow, Liverpool, Dublin etc... I guess the labor force was just too expensive.

The EU opening up was a "killer" for many UK industries, but I guess that was bound to happen at some point in time. Having said that the UK have told their banks to prepare for a splitting of the EU from the single currency, just in case. It'll never get better, not really, no whilst the east and "underdeveloped" countries have such low overhead costs. Guess that's part and parcel of the free market economy that's utterly unsustainable. Should be fun watching it all implode... which reminds me, I gotta get a firearms license and learn how to shoot.

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    My mum and dad blamed the unions... hindsight is a wonderful thing eh. Maggie killed the unions because they rocked the boat. I saw organisations wanting fair pay for their members, albeit at the expense of the producers' margins... the golden age of capitalism I guess. Newcastle, Glasgow, Liverpool, Dublin etc... I guess the labor force was just too expensive.

The EU opening up was a "killer" for many UK industries, but I guess that was bound to happen at some point in time. Having said that the UK have told their banks to prepare for a splitting of the EU from the single currency, just in case. It'll never get better, not really, no whilst the east and "underdeveloped" countries have such low overhead costs. Guess that's part and parcel of the free market economy that's utterly unsustainable. Should be fun watching it all implode... which reminds me, I gotta get a firearms license and learn how to shoot.
    I have never been a fan of unions, all i ever saw was them wanting my my money, stirring up trouble and still getting paid while we were on strike. And after that being able to negotiate a better deal by myself.

It does seem strange we have found something we agree on, time to change threads.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I have never been a fan of unions, all i ever saw was them wanting my my money, stirring up trouble and still getting paid while we were on strike. And after that being able to negotiate a better deal by myself.

It does seem strange we have found something we agree on, time to change threads.
    waaaaaa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa... we agree on the death penalty too. Might I interest you in a different way forwards for NZ

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    waaaaaa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa... we agree on the death penalty too. Might I interest you in a different way forwards for NZ
    Death penalty for unions?

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    No-one can accept that the world is broke and can't afford the standard of living that everyone wants. The workers think the Governmetn has all its own money to do whatever it wants, but truth is, the Governments have your money and there are not enough tax payers paying enough tax to give everyone what they want.

Sure there is some corruption, wouldn't be human without it, and some people get far too much in salary for what they do, but bottom line is the world is in financial free-fall and we are all simply on hold while everything reaches breaking point.

Too many, in both poor and wealthy communitioes alike, have the same issues as those in the underclass here. Live on the state, spend money on unproductive pursuits, like booze and ciggies and drugs and fast-food, insead of contributing to the community by hard works and thriftiness. The rich do so by living on credit and beyond their means and avoiding paying the taxes the country needs in order to run itself, which means the Govt. borrows money off-shore to make up the difference, relying on growing exports to fund the borrowing.

The lower socio-economic people avoid work like the plague and demand the state support them because while they really do try, (!), to find work they are unemployable due to requiring their rights of free speech and dress be acknowledged and that few jobs "suit" them anyway for whatever reason they can find to fit the circumstances of the time.

Some, are genuinely unemployed and are really trying to find work and are prepared to do most things if it means working, however a lack of insight and guidance may be restricting them as well as the fact that employers are genuinely suffering the downturn and cannot afford to take on more staff. Mass lay-offs are severely affecting whole communities and retail businesses are suffering in a downward spiral of diminishing sales.

NZ and Aus are not nearly as affected as the rest of the world, for which we should be truly thankful and stop grumbling! Try being a citizen of Greece right now, or Italy, or any one of the third-world countries, or South Africa or the Pacific Islands. Germany is in a bit of bother now as being the richest of the EU nations, it has fallen upon them to do most of the bailing out. France is in real trouble and it's only a matter of time... Everywhere you look outside of NZ and Aus. you see the trouble that is "on its way to a town near you" in the not too distant future. Don't be fooled or complacent, get yourself as solid as you can without too much debt while you have the time, and live within your means. Keep up to date with the news and world events as they are what is going to affect you personally in the coming months.

So many people, nations and governments and economists, talked up the "recovery" from the GFC as being real, and many on this forum scoffed that it would be as bad as some said it would be. However, a couple of years down the track and the global recession has not only failed to improve, it has worsened and the warnings from TPTB are stark.

China has said it will not bail out the West, yet China itself depends upon repayment of the West's debts in order to continue to prosper. China, too, has been artificially boosting its growth by building empty cities that remain unpopulated. It can't do that for much longer, either.

The desperate need for money will make international relations tense and the governments will look to shore up their finances by targetting the corporations and societies that have money, and will restrict such as welfare and tax-free organisations, including religious societies and charities. Not popular at present, but look for it to become more attractive as things get tougher.

World aid is on a steady decline as countires can no longer afford to put the dollars into the relief efforts that they could in the past leading to the third-world countries becoming more impoverished and desperate. Look beneath the surface and the smiling faces of those in power and their optimistic speeches. As many on KB have observed, it's same again and nothing much will change.

Make the most of NZ's prosperity while you can and put your lateral thinking caps on. What if you were laid off tomorrow? Do you have a back-up plan?
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    London 2012 - Cameron doubles security budget - pfft, chimp change

Scientists Discover 'Earth's Twin Planet' - as much as I love this sort of shit, it's awful expensive considering we'll never be able to get there

Eurozone Nations Face Downgrade Risk - would one like a small eurozone country for christmas dear... I believe they're going cheap.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    We must rethink Europe - Sarkozy The plan involves re-working treaties and greater outside control of countries' budgets. So who's going to decide which country gets how much? Tis a little like Oz holding the purse strings for NZ... bwaaaaa ha ha ha haaaaaaa, fuck the moneygoround is highly entertaining if nothing else.

Thread Information