Page 54 of 919 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    beryl and daisy
    and in other news the North Pole is a lake

http://on.aol.com/video/north-pole-w...apse-517870128

radiation from fukushima still leaking (as if it ever stopped)

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/07/25-0

and the us of a won't torture (we say so)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-8734490.html
    squeek squeek

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Activist ‘Shocked’ At Conviction For Yelling At David Cameron... Dear GCSB, please pass the following message on to Cameron. Cameron, you're an indecent Cunt.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    In the land of the free and the home of surveillance, space research, weapons manufacture, brave... 4 in 5 in US face near-poverty, no work. The content keeps the good ole black and white divide alive. I thought we were people? Still, I guess 2 demographics are better than 1 as it makes the figures look less bleak.

Bike
    beryl and daisy
    for mashman, you might enjoy this

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/op....html?hp&_r=3&

ecause of who my father is, I’ve been able to occupy some seats I never expected to sit in. Inside any important philanthropy meeting, you witness heads of state meeting with investment managers and corporate leaders. All are searching for answers with their right hand to problems that others in the room have created with their left. There are plenty of statistics that tell us that inequality is continually rising. At the same time, according to the Urban Institute, the nonprofit sector has been steadily growing. Between 2001 and 2011, the number of nonprofits increased 25 percent. Their growth rate now exceeds that of both the business and government sectors. It’s a massive business, with approximately $316 billion given away in 2012 in the United States alone and more than 9.4 million employed.
    As more lives and communities are destroyed by the system that creates vast amounts of wealth for the few, the more heroic it sounds to “give back.” It’s what I would call “conscience laundering” — feeling better about accumulating more than any one person could possibly need to live on by sprinkling a little around as an act of charity.

But this just keeps the existing structure of inequality in place. The rich sleep better at night, while others get just enough to keep the pot from boiling over.
    I’m really not calling for an end to capitalism; I’m calling for humanism.

blah blah blah ..........
    squeek squeek

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blue rider View Post
    for mashman, you might enjoy this

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/op....html?hp&_r=3&

blah blah blah ..........
    Thanks for that BR. I'm glad someone else grasps why I dislike the idea of charity. Perhaps he'll bankroll a little idea that I have to find out if NZ is ready for trying something different.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Ive just lost my wallet

twice no in as many months , caused by stress due to employment ( too much fking work , half of which doesnt pay)

NOW I have to deal with

the Japanese driving centre

the Japanese bank system ...

Right about now I feel like getting hell drunk , climbing onto my push bike and going to china and not coming bank until the nasty men have gone

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    beryl and daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d marge View Post
    blah blah blah life happens..................................

Right about now I feel like getting hell drunk , climbing onto my push bike and going to china and not coming bank until the nasty men have gone

Stephen

this.......
    squeek squeek

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blue rider View Post
    this.......
    you haven't dealt with Japanese banks .....any-time you read about another crazy , going troppo in America ,,,,,

usually he/or she has just tried to open an account at Mizoho bank Japan.... there was even a BBC doco on how pissed of Bankers themselves are pissed off with dealing with banks

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d marge View Post
    you haven't dealt with Japanese banks .....any-time you read about another crazy , going troppo in America ,,,,,
    usually he/or she has just tried to open an account at Mizoho bank Japan.... there was even a BBC doco on how pissed of Bankers themselves are pissed off with dealing with banks

Stephen
    People might bitch and moan about NZ but its one of the easiest countries I've ever been to for "getting things done" - change of car ownership, insurance, tax, banking even immigration were generally a pleasure to deal with. Minimal red tape and most people you get to deal with have some common sense about them.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    You cannot make positive change, with a negative attitude. http://www.globalgoodnews.com/
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Spain Introduces Sunlight Tax... and Amen George.

Bike
    beryl and daisy

squeek squeek

Bike
    bandit
    A 'Merikan nightmare more likely

"So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    A 'Merikan nightmare more likely
    Interesting.

In November 2012 the U.S. Census Bureau said more than 16% of the population lived in poverty in the United States.
    The UN says that 17% of the US population live below 50% of the median income.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    No wonder wages are stagnant - they're having to compete with El China with its 3 cents an hour wage structure.
    Makes it cheap to get things made.

So nobody buys stuff made by workers getting a decent wage cos their stuff costs too much innit...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information