Page 692 of 919 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 13773

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    i am sory what i meant to convey was what you said was utter bollocks.
    Is it? You've asserted something, I've asserted something - yet I'm the one talking Bollocks?

here is a clue, men beat women to death and have been rapping women since well before feminism was invented.
    its nothing to do with feminism its the total opposite.
    No one is disputing that crime is bad. Saying that, is to ignore the other side of the coin: Men also sacrificed (literally and abstractly) themselves so that Women and Children could live and prosper.

Conversely, No rational person thinks any rational feminist targets all men for the crimes of a few.
    Correct, What you leave out is that Feminism does a piss poor job at expelling the irrational Feminists - see the SWERFs, TERFs, Political Lesbianism etc. Feminism wants to be all inclusive - which, by definition, means including the nutjobs that do target all men.

While it may make you feel better to blame another sex the simple explanation is men dont talk about their problems.
    Trying to blame others in the hope of regaining some outdated macho stereotype isn't going to help.
    its actually making it worse.
    Why do men not like to talk about their problems?

Here's a few ideas:

1: Enemies who know about your problems can exploit them and therefore exploit you
    2: Acknowledging problems is to voluntarily lower yourself down the heirachy of competence
    3: Women don't find that attractive

Now to put aside the false equivalency - no one is saying that talking about problems isn't needed and I'm not blaming feminism for that.

What I am blaming Feminism for - is pushing concepts like Toxic Masculinity, a myriad of grievances starting with man-, self-righteously declaring what is and isn't acceptable behaviour AND setting a blatant double standard, for continually pushing an implicit narrative that Men are born with original sin and can only be saved by castrating themselves before the god of Feminism.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Is it? You've asserted something, I've asserted something - yet I'm the one talking Bollocks?
    Clearly, What ai are talking about is backed by logic and facts rather than your opinion

No one is disputing that crime is bad. Saying that, is to ignore the other side of the coin: Men also sacrificed (literally and abstractly) themselves so that Women and Children could live and prosper.
    There is no other side of the coin the two subjects are unrelated. One has nothing to do with the other.

Correct, What you leave out is that Feminism does a piss poor job at expelling the irrational Feminists - see the SWERFs, TERFs, Political Lesbianism etc. Feminism wants to be all inclusive - which, by definition, means including the nutjobs that do target all men.
    There are Just as many male nutjobs as female nutjobs

Why do men not like to talk about their problems?

Here's a few ideas:

1: Enemies who know about your problems can exploit them and therefore exploit you
    2: Acknowledging problems is to voluntarily lower yourself down the heirachy of competence
    3: Women don't find that attractive
    Women face all those issues your own expectation of how things must be shape how people act, your own excuses are adding to the problem.
    if you are saying there is additional pressures on men ask yourself is that a result of their thinking or your own and societies out of date expectations

Now to put aside the false equivalency - no one is saying that talking about problems isn't needed and I'm not blaming feminism for that.
    You are blaming feminism for male suicide, Its ridiculous in concept and has no basis in reality

What I am blaming Feminism for - is pushing concepts like Toxic Masculinity, a myriad of grievances starting with man-, self-righteously declaring what is and isn't acceptable behaviour AND setting a blatant double standard, for continually pushing an implicit narrative that Men are born with original sin and can only be saved by castrating themselves before the god of Feminism.
    A lot of behavior by both men and women previously acceptable, is unacceptable by modern standards, we have evolved, you know times change, majority rules, You either accept modern conscientious of how a modern society is, or go off grid and become a polygamist or something.

Before you can solve a problem you need to be honest with yourself that there is a problem, And seek the real causes, rather than blame what is convenient to you.
    Intersting enough you go on about islam being dangerous due to its teachings and them not wanting to align their belief with modern societies expectations of dress and culture, yet you seem to agree with their polices toward women or societies expectations regarding behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    R6
    Sure, if you remove all context, ignore who it was said to and ignore the actual accusation that I made against you.

But as above - you've demonstrated your blatant dishonesty, inability to back anything up, readiness to hand-waive away anything that counters your ideological narrative and your love of ignoring previous posts and context that you don't like.

Then you have the gall to accuse others of that which you've been doing.
    Just how does any of that change your unambiguous answer of 'yes' to a no?

Your irrationality in these situations where it is obvious you have been proven wrong, is why it is a waste of time to go through your ToDoLists and point out how you are wrong on the other points too. You just lie, and then accuse others of lying instead of facing up to your intellectual inadequacies; which is a self perpetuating cycle of stupidity...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Just how does any of that change your unambiguous answer of 'yes' to a no?
    "How does context change the interpretation"

That's a great question Graystone - maybe you should look into that, you might be onto something there...

Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Your irrationality in these situations where it is obvious you have been proven wrong, is why it is a waste of time to go through your ToDoLists and point out how you are wrong on the other points too. You just lie, and then accuse others of lying instead of facing up to your intellectual inadequacies; which is a self perpetuating cycle of stupidity...
    Is that like where I asked you for a quotation and you then started spewing a bunch of Insults?

Even if we accept your point of Umbrage (which I don't), you're still left with the reality of you have done all of which you accuse me of. So, just how does that align with your own behavior? Are you as you say "self perpetuating cycle of stupidity..."?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Clearly, What ai are talking about is backed by logic and facts rather than your opinion
    And yet, the logic and facts are curiously absent from your posts... If you want to go down the route of claiming Logical and factual superiority, a small thing called 'burden of proof' is necessary...

There is no other side of the coin the two subjects are unrelated. One has nothing to do with the other.
    Try again - the comment you made is part of a narrative that goes something like "Evil Men oppressed Women all throughout history" - now, there is a lot of truth to that statement, but it's only one part of history. To make that statement without acknowledging that for all Men's 'oppression' of women, there was also a large amount of 'protection', paid for at the cost of Male Lives.

There are Just as many male nutjobs as female nutjobs
    I'm not sure on this. Certainly, the Male NutJobs are much more prominent (for various reasons), but there isn't the same societal restrictions on bad Female behavior as there is on bad Male. This is both at the purely societal level and at a Legal level: in NZ, on average where a man and a woman commit the same crime with the same circumstances, the Woman will have a sentence that is 60% that of the Man, if she goes to prison at all. As a perfect example - the girl who ran over the guy on the Bike in Albany.

Women face all those issues your own expectation of how things must be shape how people act, your own excuses are adding to the problem.
    if you are saying there is additional pressures on men ask yourself is that a result of their thinking or your own and societies out of date expectations
    Do Women face the same pressures as Men do? Well, that's demonstrably not true. This is not to say Women don't face pressures or that their pressures are any worse or better than Mens (although the fact that on average Women are higher in the trait neuroticism is a factor that is relevant) - just that the Pressures are different.

You might argue that these are pure societal constructs - and to be fair, many of them have a societal element, but I put it to you many of them have a strong biological basis. As an example of what I mean - take a look at Women's erotic Fiction/Bodice rippers/Romance Novels - There isn't too many mentions of a 5'1" guy, that's ugly, unsuccessful, weak and timid.

As for pressures on young Men - here's one: Affirmative Consent laws.

Consider this - When was the last time you explicitly asked your Partner if you could touch her? When you are giving her the best 30 seconds of her life, do you stop every 5 seconds to ask permission to do something different?

If the answer is no, then according to legislation being pushed by Feminist groups - you're now a Rapist.

As another one, being able to post-hoc declare consensual sexual intercourse as rape.

Or another one, If you are drunk and you have sex with a Drunk woman - that's also Rape, because intoxicated people can't give consent, but curiously - it's only the Man that's guilty.

You are blaming feminism for male suicide, Its ridiculous in concept and has no basis in reality
    Saying an Organization that has a long history of maintaining prominent man-haters in their ranks, who see all expression of Male competence as part of a mythical Patriarchy, who push legislation that would make normal sexual interaction between Men and Women illegal and who happen to hold sway over the education system - yes it's Totally ridiculous that such an organization might have something to do with Young Men killing themselves.

Do I need to quote some Andrea Dvorkin (who is still well regarded in Feminist circles)?

A lot of behavior by both men and women previously acceptable, is unacceptable by modern standards, we have evolved, you know times change, majority rules, You either accept modern conscientious of how a modern society is, or go off grid and become a polygamist or something.
    And what if this modern consensus comes at the cost of Men killing themselves?

Is that a case of price worth paying? Taking you at your base assumption - Is that the best outcome? The irony here is that considering that you accuse me of holding to antiquated ideals - who is the one who is advocating most for the concept of Male disposability?

You say behavior by Men and Women previously acceptable - can you give an example of behavior by Women, once considered acceptable, now considered unacceptable?

Before you can solve a problem you need to be honest with yourself that there is a problem, And seek the real causes, rather than blame what is convenient to you.
    Okay - how about this - Feminism doesn't understand Masculinity. I mean that deeply and sincerely - problem is, they think they do. They understand a caricature of Masculinity, but that is only based on the veneer that Men present that they understand. Since they don't understand it, they advocate for things based on bad data - that ends up hurting Men.

There's a fantastic book on this - Self Made Man by Norah Vincent. Where a Lesbian journalist lives as a Man for 18 months. By living the experience, she gained a much deeper understanding as to what it meant to be a Man. Interestingly enough - living as a Man for just 18 months gave her clinical depression, and after she dealt with that, she realized the many areas where Women do have it better.

There's a lot of things that are Paradoxical about Men and Boys - consider play-fighting, Women who have grown up without brothers can't tell the difference between Play Fighting and Real fighting and there is an erroneous belief that boys that Play fight will grow up to be Violent, whereas the opposite is overwhelmingly true.

Intersting enough you go on about islam being dangerous due to its teachings and them not wanting to align their belief with modern societies expectations of dress and culture, yet you seem to agree with their polices toward women or societies expectations regarding behaviour.
    No, I don't. Can you provide a citation where I've said that?

The closest I will go in the discussion about dress is to express that some choices, are bad choices. I remember going out to Pubs, Clubs, Gigs, Festivals etc. And have seen ladies dressed in what can best be described as "3 strategically placed bits of string" (and enjoyed every moment of it)

Such a manner of dress is designed to be sexually provocative, either to entice a mate, or to make the wearer feel good about themselves by showing off their assets. That is a choice, I'm not advocating for the Government or any other agency infringe upon it.

Where I go with the discussion is to say that should something happen, we all agree that the legal blame falls purely on the perpetrator. We all agree it should not happen. We all agree that Women should be able to wear what they like.

The reality is, that there are Predators out there - there always will be. Predators typically go for the easiest prey. By making such a decision, the wearer has increased their risk. And as such, that gets factored into the discussion. Now, I've heard at length that this is some unrealistic expectation that only women are held to, yet this is complete BS. Go to any 'rider down' thread on any motorcycle forum - you'll see a myriad of posts about people discussing what risks the rider took even if the fault of the accident is not theirs, in much the same way.

To re-iterate, Women can wear what they want, but some choices may have unintended consequences, because the world isn't perfect.

Bike
    husaberg
    Drivel.
    Making your posts longer doesn't alter the fact you are talking drivel.
    I can post screeds of data that shows Men beat women.
    Yet no one can claim its because of femism that this happens
    On the other hand You cant produce any real data to show the reason young men commit suicide is because of sexual equality.
    Yet if i could be bothered too i could produce reams of data show it was because of young men not talking through problems as they were trying to be stoic to live up to an outdated macho expectation that has nothing at all to do with sexual equality in-fact the total opposite.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So you got nothing then?

I can post screeds of data that shows Men beat women.
    I'm sure you can - although will you also post that when it comes to non-reciprocal violence - it's 70% women doing it?
    Will you also post that in 50% of Domestic abuse scenarios - it's reciprocal? Erin Prizzy estimated that out of 100 women who came through the first womens shelter that she setup, 62 were "Violence Prone and as violent as the Men they left behind"
    Will you also post that Lesbian relationships have the highest rate of Domestic abuse and homosexual male relationships have the lowest?

But if it makes you happy - yes, Domestic violence is a serious issue - it's almost like there's some biological underpinnings where one Gender has longer reach, greater bone density, 50% extra upper body strength, larger lungs, bigger Adrenal Glands that make them much more devastating in hand-to-hand combat.

Yet no one can claim its because of femism that this happens
    No one is making that claim.

On the other hand You cant produce any real data to show the reason young men commit suicide is because of sexual equality.
    I've never said that, I've said they commit suicide because of Policy pushed by Feminism. To be clear - I do not equate Feminism as it stands now with Sexual Equality.

Yet if i could be bothered too i could produce reams of data show it was because of young men not talking through problems as they were trying to be stoic to live up to an outdated macho expectation that has nothing at all to do with sexual equality in-fact the total opposite.
    Okay Husa - let's take every word of that as holy writ. Here's the question:

You say that there is an outdated concept of Masculinity. This supposes that in times gone past, this was the accepted Standard.
    You say that because of this Concept, Men don't talk about their issues. Following on from the above and the previous statement, it therefore stands to reason that in the past when this standard was the norm and no one had an issues with it, that a greater proportion of Men didn't talk about their issues.
    You say that this is the cause of the current Suicide epidemic.

However - if everything you said is true - that is impossible, since the suicide rate for Men has been inceasing, whereas the Suicide rate for Women has been fairly constant.

So clearly, that line of logic, when placed against the rates of Male Suicide cannot be right.

You were saying something about "Before you can solve a problem you need to be honest with yourself that there is a problem, And seek the real causes, rather than blame what is convenient to you."

Bike
    husaberg
    So you got nothing then?

I'm sure you can - although will you also post that when it comes to non-reciprocal violence - it's 70% women doing it?
    Will you also post that in 50% of Domestic abuse scenarios - it's reciprocal? Erin Prizzy estimated that out of 100 women who came through the first womens shelter that she setup, 62 were "Violence Prone and as violent as the Men they left behind"
    Will you also post that Lesbian relationships have the highest rate of Domestic abuse and homosexual male relationships have the lowest?

But if it makes you happy - yes, Domestic violence is a serious issue - it's almost like there's some biological underpinnings where one Gender has longer reach, greater bone density, 50% extra upper body strength, larger lungs, bigger Adrenal Glands that make them much more devastating in hand-to-hand combat.

No one is making that claim.

I've never said that, I've said they commit suicide because of Policy pushed by Feminism. To be clear - I do not equate Feminism as it stands now with Sexual Equality.

Okay Husa - let's take every word of that as holy writ. Here's the question:

You say that there is an outdated concept of Masculinity. This supposes that in times gone past, this was the accepted Standard.
    You say that because of this Concept, Men don't talk about their issues. Following on from the above and the previous statement, it therefore stands to reason that in the past when this standard was the norm and no one had an issues with it, that a greater proportion of Men didn't talk about their issues.
    You say that this is the cause of the current Suicide epidemic.

However - if everything you said is true - that is impossible, since the suicide rate for Men has been unceasing, whereas the Suicide rate for Women has been fairly constant.

So clearly, that line of logic, when placed against the rates of Male Suicide cannot be right.

You were saying something about "Before you can solve a problem you need to be honest with yourself that there is a problem, And seek the real causes, rather than blame what is convenient to you."
    Unstead of patting yourself on the back if you opened up your blinkers you might see that there are plenty of reasons in the modern world that apply to the youth of today.
    You only look at one. you only see what you believe is one.
    Here is a clue there is loads of research none of which names feminism as a cause of youth suicide.
    If your latest ploy had merit, don't you think ity would have come up previously.
    As for girls vs boys Boys are more impetuous where as girls tend to plan attempts, That why women have a higher success rate.
    ps the blaming women for getting beaten by men places you high on the scale of individuals whose every word should be ignored there after.
    What you are doing is the katspam ploy of talking crap posting up a theory and saying it has to be correct if it cant be 110% ruled out.
    ps i love how you go "heres the question" which is followed by no question.j
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    As for girls vs boys Boys are more impetuous where as girls tend to plan attempts, That why women have a higher success rate.
    Okay, now you are actually talking out your Arse. Women attempt Suicide more than men, Men successfully kill themselves more than Women.

To be crystal clear - Women do NOT have a higher success rate. You are 100% incorrect on this. So how about you get down from your high-horse, as you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

ps the blaming women for getting beaten by men places you high on the scale of individuals whose every word should be ignored there after.
    Where have I blamed women for getting beaten? Is it blame to point to the statistical data (y'know, Facts and Logic that you so piously exclaimed) and state that Domestic Violence isn't as simple as "Bad Men beat helpless Women".

What's the matter? Don't like that facts don't align with your worldview?

ps i love how you go "heres the question" which is followed by no question.j
    The question is (which I thought would have been obvious) given the presuppositions that you yourself supplied in your reasoning would lead to the logical conclusion that Suicide rates would be higher in a society where more Men don't talk about their problems - how do you explain that in the past, when the attitude of Stoicism was more prevalent (by your own admission), the Suicide rate was lower?

Your theory does not translate with the data.

Bike
    husaberg
    Okay, now you are actually talking out your Arse. Women attempt Suicide more than men, Men successfully kill themselves more than Women.

To be crystal clear - Women do NOT have a higher success rate. You are 100% incorrect on this. So how about you get down from your high-horse, as you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Where have I blamed women for getting beaten? Is it blame to point to the statistical data (y'know, Facts and Logic that you so piously exclaimed) and state that Domestic Violence isn't as simple as "Bad Men beat helpless Women".

What's the matter? Don't like that facts don't align with your worldview?

The question is (which I thought would have been obvious) given the presuppositions that you yourself supplied in your reasoning would lead to the logical conclusion that Suicide rates would be higher in a society where more Men don't talk about their problems - how do you explain that in the past, when the attitude of Stoicism was more prevalent (by your own admission), the Suicide rate was lower?

Your theory does not translate with the data.
    Wow now you are just trying to manipulate what i said. I said No women have a higher success rate i said nothing about how often they attempt suicide. they clearly have HIGHER RATE OF DEATH/ attempt as i said men are more impulsive.
    Where have you blamed women for being beaten? its pretty clear in your post thats what you were attempting to do. Hiding behind the i am only posting stuff is a epic cop out on your behalf.
    I will give you a clue there is nothing you can do or say that justifies domestic abuse of any kind.
    Its another Katspam ploy to take data use it out of context and ignore anything else that doesnt suit
    You are getting confused, You dont have facts you have your opinion that is not backed by any credible research.
    So its time for you to produce some credible research to back our opinion that teen suicide is actually cause by feminism and female equality and not by all the other readons that are widely reaseached or admit you dont have any.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Wow now you are just trying to manipulate what i said. I said No women have a higher success rate i said nothing about how often they attempt suicide. they clearly have HIGHER RATE OF DEATH/ attempt as i said men are more impulsive.
    No.
    They Don't.

It's simple: Group A attempt suicide more than Group B. Group B completes suicide more than Group A. Which one has the higher success rate? Clearly if Group B attempt it less, but complete it more - then Group B (Men) have a higher Success Rate.

Men may be more Impulsive, but Impulsive Men use instantly fatal means, often means that leave gruesome wounds (Firearms, Hanging, Jumping etc.). Women prefer methods that leave their beauty intact - in particular, their face (even in death...) with hanging, Drug overdose and wrist slitting being the popular options.

Where have you blamed women for being beaten? its pretty clear in your post thats what you were attempting to do. Hiding behind the i am only posting stuff is a epic cop out on your behalf.
    No, it's what you WANT me to attempt to do, as opposed of addressing the inconvenient facts that flies counter to your narrative.

You are getting confused, You dont have facts you have your opinion that is not backed by any credible research.
    How do you reconcile your theory and your facts with reality? You cannot - which is why you aren't answering the challenge, but just coming back with a whole load of nothing.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    Oh, the irony.

Bike
    husaberg
    No.
    They Don't.

It's simple: Group A attempt suicide more than Group B. Group B completes suicide more than Group A. Which one has the higher success rate? Clearly if Group B attempt it less, but complete it more - then Group B (Men) have a higher Success Rate.

Men may be more Impulsive, but Impulsive Men use instantly fatal means, often means that leave gruesome wounds (Firearms, Hanging, Jumping etc.). Women prefer methods that leave their beauty intact - in particular, their face (even in death...) with hanging, Drug overdose and wrist slitting being the popular options.

No, it's what you WANT me to attempt to do, as opposed of addressing the inconvenient facts that flies counter to your narrative.

How do you reconcile your theory and your facts with reality? You cannot - which is why you aren't answering the challenge, but just coming back with a whole load of nothing.
    You are going off one set of data not the majority, not only that if we use your one set of data set we can see that women attempted it more often so you cause for teen suicide is clearly very wrong. Which is kind of inconvenient for you and your theory.
    lets look at NZ data,
    Your dramatic increase and epidemic doesnt hold water. thats 20 years of data rather than one study.
    The rates of suicide for youth tended to be higher than other life stage groups, but the rate for youth decreased significantly over the 20-year period.
    For male youth, the rate of rural suicides decreased significantly from a peak of 54.4 per 100,000 in 2009 to 15.0 per 100,000 in 2015.
    Seeing as you say feminism is the cause how pray tell did the rate of feminism decline over this period causing this drop.
    https://www.health.govt.nz/publicati...ables-19962015

then if we go to global data
    again your theories dont hold water

So here is an idea mAaybe teen sucide is caused by a heap of other social and economic and mental health combined with comunication issues that have nothing at all to do with your theories about feminism being the cause.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Blade '12
    You are going off one set of data not the majority, not only that if we use your one set of data set we can see that women attempted it more often so you cause for teen suicide is clearly very wrong. Which is kind of inconvenient for you and your theory.
    lets look at NZ data,
    Keep digging dude.

Women attempt suicide more often than men. Men succeed more often than women. More men die of suicide than women because we do everything better

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Keep digging dude.

Women attempt suicide more often than men. Men succeed more often than women. More men die of suicide than women because we do everything better
    It never used to be the case the issue i can see is the data tends to include all people admitted for self harm.We were always taught the opposite, ie a woman decided to end their life there were more likely to be successful.
    I would say the data is being skewed by the famale cutters being included as its also a form of self harm.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information