Page 6 of 920 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Maynard sums it up nicely....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cvKcMbzN_A
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Cheeky fucking greedy banker bastards "A group of former Reserve Bank senior employees have lost their bid to back-date superannuation adjustments to 1992, when the Employment Contracts Act overrode pre-existing collective labour contracts."
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Dams could be sold under partial privatisation

http://www.greens.org.nz/press-relea...-privatisation

so who do you really trust....?
    The Heart is the drum keeping time for everyone....

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post
    If only engineers and academics ran things, they exsmell at technical and complex matters, there would be less stupidity

But they're not manipulative enough to suck dick like most pollies who hoodwink the John like a hooker following the money trail
    Who is John Galt?
    He is the great destroyer apparently.

Its funny because people are put off by Rand books because to be brutally honest she was fucked in the head. But the reality in her books is quite thick. She must of been a skitso because her books make sense.

FYI John Galt was an engineer who built the perfect, most efficient engine. Only to be shut down by management an politicians who wanted to use him for their own manipulative means. So he packed his bags, took a few of his mates with him and setup Utopia while the world collapse because everyone left was a chief and there were no indians left to do the work.

While you could call it a "Fairytale of how engineers would rule the world" - all fairy tales are written to force people to think. Reading my son Dr Suess books right now, and I am amazed at how smart they are. All this content I did not pick up on as a child.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    (UK) Police pensions 'unaffordable'... "Taxpayer contributions more than doubled from £951 million in 1995-96 to £1.9 billion in recent years while police officer contributions fell from 31% to 23%, said the report. It recommends a move away from a final salary to a career-average scheme and a raising of the standard retirement age to 60."... and that's how they afford pay rises.

Economic Development Minister can't count - Cunliffe... Lies, lies and damned lies to sucker the public... but who's really surprised?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    US analysis leak shows cynicism of NZ

'A release by WikiLeaks of emails from an American intelligence think-tank reveals a view of New Zealand that is at odds with the US's diplomatic position.

The website has published a series of internal emails of security company Stratfor, in which analysts express their true feelings about New Zealand's role in global affairs.

"When it comes to geopolitical importance, it doesn't get much f***ing lower than New Zealand," Stratfor analyst Chris Farnham wrote to colleague William Hobart in September, Fairfax reports.

"I mean they barely have an air force and they aren't even an ANZUS Treaty member."

Mr Hobart responded: "What possible strategic use is that little part of the world to f***ing anyone??!!""

Cheeky barstards

Bike
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Kate
    When I first saw that shit about banks paying to borrow money from overseas it reminded me how we used to be told the pump petrol price was going up due to the crude barrel price until the barrel price started to drop then it was all about the refinery price, now they rotate the excuse between refinery, barrel and NZD. Me thinks the banks are trying the same trick, worked for the oil companies so why not. The oil companies profits have been always increasing and if anyone loves to make money out of misery its the banks.
    Until now the story is the banks have to borrow through the Reserve Bank and it's governor fixes the base rate, the commercial banks then charge a % over the Reserve Bank's base rate and that is the floating rate.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    When I first saw that shit about banks paying to borrow money from overseas it reminded me how we used to be told the pump petrol price was going up due to the crude barrel price until the barrel price started to drop then it was all about the refinery price, now they rotate the excuse between refinery, barrel and NZD. Me thinks the banks are trying the same trick, worked for the oil companies so why not. The oil companies profits have been always increasing and if anyone loves to make money out of misery its the banks.
    Until now the story is the banks have to borrow through the Reserve Bank and it's governor fixes the base rate, the commercial banks then charge a % over the Reserve Bank's base rate and that is the floating rate.
    Banks encouraging us to gamble on whether the interest rate will go up or down praps. A great money spinner given that they hold the money and change the rates on their terms eh.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    No one is lying, it's just that you have no clue.
    Please tell us what local bank rates have to do with the ECB's rate reduction.
    I'm sure finance, and it's supply chain, is utterly complex. The basics are. A bank lends money, but they only lend it to other banks, governments cannot borrow this money because it has a supply chain to follow.
    The government have felt this recession because they "invested" in the EU by borrowing some money from their economy before the "crash". Wonder what rate they were paying as the US had had their reserve bank pumping out loans before the crash at 1% was it? Why are governments penalised by not having direct access to this? What's the reason?

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    US analysis leak shows cynicism of NZ

'A release by WikiLeaks of emails from an American intelligence think-tank reveals a view of New Zealand that is at odds with the US's diplomatic position.

The website has published a series of internal emails of security company Stratfor, in which analysts express their true feelings about New Zealand's role in global affairs.

"When it comes to geopolitical importance, it doesn't get much f***ing lower than New Zealand," Stratfor analyst Chris Farnham wrote to colleague William Hobart in September, Fairfax reports.

"I mean they barely have an air force and they aren't even an ANZUS Treaty member."

Mr Hobart responded: "What possible strategic use is that little part of the world to f***ing anyone??!!""

Cheeky barstards
    Thank god for that.
    Otherwise we would be a US state by now.
    American Samoa isn't that far away from us.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    I'm sure finance, and it's supply chain, is utterly complex. The basics are. A bank lends money, but they only lend it to other banks, governments cannot borrow this money because it has a supply chain to follow.
    The government have felt this recession because they "invested" in the EU by borrowing some money from their economy before the "crash". Wonder what rate they were paying as the US had had their reserve bank pumping out loans before the crash at 1% was it? Why are governments penalised by not having direct access to this? What's the reason?
    What are you on about?
    Are you talking about the ECB, which does lend money to Govts?
    When did our Govt. borrow money from the EU?
    Who is the Fed. lending money to?

Step away from the bong long enough to achieve some clarity, please.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Farmers hope lamb virus won't reach NZ Incurable Virus Killing Thousands Of Lambs... good for lamb exporters ... wonder if we'll see lamb flu in the near future?
    Interesting. In the sci-fi TV series Fringe, in the alternate universe, sheep had been killed off globally by a mysterious flu.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    What are you on about?
    Are you talking about the ECB, which does lend money to Govts?
    When did our Govt. borrow money from the EU?
    Who is the Fed. lending money to?

Step away from the bong long enough to achieve some clarity, please.
    I dunno. I've got a bit of a cold and can't hear much of anything t the moment.
    Not sure what you mean there?
    I dunno.
    I dunno.

Thread Information