Page 765 of 920 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815865 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 13786

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Losing another final? They haven't been in one in fifty five years. Some are blaming the coach? I have a quibble with how he handled the penalty shots, but he got the team further than anybody else has in over half a century.
    Penalty Shootouts have long been an issue for the English Football team, So I don't think that can be laid at his feet.

With the exception of kneeling to Marxism, I think the Coach has done a fantastic job. Despite the 1-1 draw and going to extra time, Italy well and truly outplayed us.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    husaberg
    Losing another final? They haven't been in one in fifty five years. Some are blaming the coach? I have a quibble with how he handled the penalty shots, but he got the team further than anybody else has in over half a century. Not that it matters, I'd ban England from the next World Cup. Fuckem.

That Robinson clip was interesting, I was sorta hoping he'd taken his meds and was having a lie down.
    Gee has it only been 50 years just as well its not their national sport then.........
    The Robinson stuff was hardly surprising he's just a cretin as are those that overlook the evidence of his cretinism and criminality including fraud assault to follow him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    I Ride No More

Euro 2020 Final

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Penalty Shootouts have long been an issue for the English Football team, So I don't think that can be laid at his feet.

With the exception of kneeling to Marxism, I think the Coach has done a fantastic job. Despite the 1-1 draw and going to extra time, Italy well and truly outplayed us.
    Afternoon,

I would have replied earlier, but we've only just finished our "three days of mourning". We take our soccer seriously. But now all Danish flags should be fully back up their flagpoles again.

Yes, you have my sympathy. Penalty shoot-outs are a tough way to win (or lose) a final, irrespective of who is playing.

But I have to say I was a little surprised by the last line of your earlier post.

I had never realised that your English Queen might also be Marxist in outlook. You know, when she makes them "take the knee" when she goes to confer a knight-hood.

It's not as if there is any effort made to hide it - it's all done out in plain sight for everyone to see. I was just a little surprised that no-one from England has ever commented about it before.

We Danes have of course written openly about such subjects before (you will probably recall the HCA story about the emperor having no clothes).

Perhaps it is your old English tradition of royalty chopping off heads that had discouraged English people for speaking out ? Who knows?

I'm sure that some-one will be able to explain this dichotomy to me.

Cheers, Viking

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Afternoon,

I would have replied earlier, but we've only just finished our "three days of mourning". We take our soccer seriously. But now all Danish flags should be fully back up their flagpoles again.

Yes, you have my sympathy. Penalty shoot-outs are a tough way to win (or lose) a final, irrespective of who is playing.

But I have to say I was a little surprised by the last line of your earlier post.

I had never realised that your English Queen might also be Marxist in outlook. You know, when she makes them "take the knee" when she goes to confer a knight-hood.

It's not as if there is any effort made to hide it - it's all done out in plain sight for everyone to see. I was just a little surprised that no-one from England has ever commented about it before.

We Danes have of course written openly about such subjects before (you will probably recall the HCA story about the emperor having no clothes).

Perhaps it is your old English tradition of royalty chopping off heads that had discouraged English people for speaking out ? Who knows?

I'm sure that some-one will be able to explain this dichotomy to me.

Cheers, Viking
    "I only kneel for the Queen, The Wife when I asked her to Marry me and God" - British Conservatives.

When one Kneels before the Queen, it's because one is subservient to the Monarch.

When you Kneel for Black Lives Matter, what is it you are being Subservient to?

Bike
    I Ride No More
    "I only kneel for the Queen, The Wife when I asked her to Marry me and God" - British Conservatives.

When one Kneels before the Queen, it's because one is subservient to the Monarch.

That's a good question. I wish I had an answer for you.

Maybe it is not about subservience.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    The football fans would not have got the headman's axe, that was only for high ranking nobility. The common folk got a much slower and drawn out execution (literally), being hung drawn and quartered. Then again, that might discourage speaking out too.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

It doesn't have to be subservient to anybody. I'd have thought this story was universally understood now. Obviously the MAGAts don't read much, reading is usually not their strong point.

The kneeling gesture, as observed currently, was suggested to Colin Kaepernick by a former US Army Green Beret so that Kaepernick could register his protest without being considered disrespectful. Well that's how it should have worked but he was black so... And the right struck back with their habitual cancel culture.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    It doesn't have to be subservient to anybody. I'd have thought this story was universally understood now. Obviously the MAGAts don't read much, reading is usually not their strong point.

The kneeling gesture, as observed currently, was suggested to Colin Kaepernick by a former US Army Green Beret so that Kaepernick could register his protest without being considered disrespectful. Well that's how it should have worked but he was black so... And the right struck back with their habitual cancel culture.
    When the commanding officer enters the room you stand to attention....

When the Bride walks down the aisle you stand....

When the Judge enters the court you all stand

When the all blacks score a try you cheer and stand

When a prospective employer comes to greet you stand and shake hands

This list could go on for ages....

Try kneeling to show respect in any of those lol

Oh the right don’t cancel or ban anything we just ignore those that we need show no respect to
    Let’s say someone “ right wing” had been the first to kneel as a protest the left would have burned stadiums till the ground till all racist sports events were banned

If only we could go back to a time where people’s ability at sports or whatever mattered more than who they voted fkr
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Oh the right don’t cancel or ban anything we just ignore those that we need show no respect to
    Tell that to Kaepernick or the Dixie Chicks. Or Nike when the rednecks were all burning their trainers. Then there were the coffee machines they destroyed in protest then promtly had to buy a new one. Nobody said they were smart.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    When the commanding officer enters the room you stand to attention....

When the Bride walks down the aisle you stand....

When the Judge enters the court you all stand

When the all blacks score a try you cheer and stand

When a prospective employer comes to greet you stand and shake hands

This list could go on for ages....

Try kneeling to show respect in any of those lol

Let’s say someone “ right wing” had been the first to kneel as a protest the left would have burned stadiums till the ground till all racist sports events were banned

If only we could go back to a time where people’s ability at sports or whatever mattered more than who they voted fkr
    Like ceeding an election when you have clearly lost..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    If only we had a long and well established historical and cultural context as to what Kneeling for something means.

"I'd rather Die on my Feet, than Live on my Knees"

The issue is - if you want to try and make that comparison - is that Colin was specifically kneeling to protest the National Anthem, whereas the English Football team was kneeling FOR BLM.

Out of curiosity then Pritch, since you are fine with Kneeling for BLM - surely you also have no problem with this:

Afterall, it's 'just a show of respect to the host nation'.

I personally regard BOTH gestures as abhorrent.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Tell that to Kaepernick or the Dixie Chicks. Or Nike when the rednecks were all burning their trainers. Then there were the coffee machines they destroyed in protest then promtly had to buy a new one. Nobody said they were smart.
    Are we complaining about things being Burnt in protest now?

Shall I refer to the BLM riots and the Billions in damages they caused?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I
    The issue is - if you want to try and make that comparison - is that Colin was specifically kneeling to protest the National Anthem,

That is garbage. He was kneeling to protest the continued killing of unarmed black men by police. He was not protesting the anthem or the military.

BLM have very similar concerns.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Shall I refer to the BLM riots and the Billions in damages they caused?
    Some of those fires have been verified as having been started by RWNJs. Otherwise you can refer to anything you like, as you do.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    That is garbage. He was kneeling to protest the continued killing of unarmed black men by police. He was not protesting the anthem or the military.

BLM have very similar concerns.
    The national anthem as a symbol of America and the grievances he has. Grievances which aren't based in reality.

I think I've posted somewhere else, but using the Washinton Post's Cop Killing Database, when you exclude people who were armed, Resisting arrest and having Mental Health issues - it's 20 people shot and killed by the police last year.

25 the year before that.

AND that number includes people who were (as per the Washington Post) 'Struggling' (so, y'know - fighting the Cops...)

The evidence is crystal clear: If you don't run from the Cops, aren't armed and don't try to fight them - you'll likely not get shot.

Add in BLM's stated goal of tearing down the Western Capitalist patriarchal imperialist system...

Oh and the founders of BLM left the movement after they got their mansions in a White Gates community.

Oh and they never talk about the THOUSANDS of Black lives that are lost to black assailants.

Shall I bring up them protesting the shooting of Ma'khia Bryant? No talk about the fact she was about to Stab someone - they don't care about that Black Life...

Some of those fires have been verified as having been started by RWNJs. Otherwise you can refer to anything you like, as you do.
    Even if I grant you, and for the record - I don't - because those 'RWNJs' are just manifestations of the Horseshoe theory (just like Richard Spencer voting for the Democrats) they are using the same underlying principles for their beliefs,

you cannot hand-waive away the destruction that has been caused by 'Verified' BLM/ANTIFA members.

Thread Information