Page 743 of 919 FirstFirst ... 243643693733741742743744745753793843 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 13784

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    Sold

America - next?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    Well maybe it's payback to a country that went around the world and fucked up every indigenous culture it came across.
    "The mighty empire upon which the sun never set". Born under her flag watched it diminish to a mere flicker and finally snuff out completely, all within less than a single lifetime? - Magic? or by design? .....

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Politicians and their need to grab a headline... I'd have thought it might have been better just to get on with the work and not say too much. Defence matters should not necessarily all be immediately communicated to the world. That this report is from Sputnik, a Russian owned news organisation, makes it just a little more ironic.

During the Falklands War Thatcher announced that there were SAS on the ground in Argentina. If there were, I'm sure they'd have appreciated their PM telling the world, and the Argentinians in particular, that they were there.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    The future is scary. It's ok, we're armed to face it.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Armed with cotton balls

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    He has already qualified for The Bozo Club. 5 members now and rising.

What do the subs cost to join up to the club?

Do you get a club jacket and is there a blood initiation ceremony?

(Asking for a friend)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    What do the subs cost to join up to the club?

Do you get a club jacket and is there a blood initiation ceremony?

(Asking for a friend)
    Lol He needs to buy a Super Man signet ring first.

Bike
    I Ride No More

Nobel Peace Prize

https://off-guardian.org/2020/02/24/...s-a-sick-joke/

Don, I really thought that this was going to be "your year". You know, MAGA ("make another gratuitous award"), or in your case, to receive one. That would have kept Obama and the Dems quiet for a while.

It's not as if you didn't make an effort.

Trying to establish friendly relations with Russia, and then having the political establishment start up that Mueller enquiry (and threaten to impeach you, no less).

All that efforts spent in trying to bring the troops back home from Syria and Afghanistan, only to have the MIC overrule you again. Wasted.

But I guess that when they threaten to drive their tanks down the middle of your golf fairways, well, every man has his breaking point and has to know when to give in.

Mind you, you didn't do yourself any favours, either. Going over to Europe and trying to shake down all the NATO members to increase their military expenditure. That wasn't such a sharp move. It would have been much better to leave that to Mike P (not only because of his CIA links, but it would have also allowed you some plausible deniability). Doing it yourself - well, now it has all your little fingerprints all over it.

Look, if all else fails, quietly threaten to impose sanctions on the Nobel Prize Committee members. Seems to work elsewhere around the world.

Better luck next year.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    https://off-guardian.org/2020/02/24/...s-a-sick-joke/

Don, I really thought that this was going to be "your year". You know, MAGA ("make another gratuitous award"), or in your case, to receive one. That would have kept Obama and the Dems quiet for a while.

It's not as if you didn't make an effort.

Trying to establish friendly relations with Russia, and then having the political establishment start up that Mueller enquiry (and threaten to impeach you, no less).

All that efforts spent in trying to bring the troops back home from Syria and Afghanistan, only to have the MIC overrule you again. Wasted.

But I guess that when they threaten to drive their tanks down the middle of your golf fairways, well, every man has his breaking point and has to know when to give in.

Mind you, you didn't do yourself any favours, either. Going over to Europe and trying to shake down all the NATO members to increase their military expenditure. That wasn't such a sharp move. It would have been much better to leave that to Mike P (not only because of his CIA links, but it would have also allowed you some plausible deniability). Doing it yourself - well, now it has all your little fingerprints all over it.

Look, if all else fails, quietly threaten to impose sanctions on the Nobel Prize Committee members. Seems to work elsewhere around the world.

Better luck next year.

Being mates with Epstein likely didn't help...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    Being mates with Epstein likely didn't help...........
    Are we talking about the guy who didn't kill himself?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    During the Falklands War Thatcher announced that there were SAS on the ground in Argentina. If there were, I'm sure they'd have appreciated their PM telling the world, and the Argentinians in particular, that they were there.
    Well they shat their pants when told the Gurkhas were on their way so I guess there was a reason.

Many years later, after Argentina's surrender to Britain in the 1982 Falklands War, Argentine troops told reporters that rumors of the Gurkhas slitting the throats of 40 Argentine soldiers in single strokes and of Gurkhas jumping into enemy foxholes with live grenades gave them the jitters and seriously shattered their morale.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by cocksuckerman View Post
    Are we talking about the guy who didn't kill himself?
    We are not talking about anything Stevo
    You must be referring to the voices in your head again.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Politicians and their need to grab a headline... I'd have thought it might have been better just to get on with the work and not say too much. Defence matters should not necessarily all be immediately communicated to the world. That this report is from Sputnik, a Russian owned news organisation, makes it just a little more ironic.

They knew they were there at least for a while as they tracked them on radar
    the Argies claimed to have shelled an invisible UK submarine and shot at a helicopter over the Mainland.
    None of which happened.
    Operation Plum Duff.
    The mission that didn't quite go as planned but it had have diverted a lot of resources. AS i am sure they hunted for the invisible SAS

It also turned out it was easier to get the French to turn off the exocet's guidance with the US's helpanyway.
    Mikado was a pretty bold plan, real comic book stuff. it would have been practically a suicide mission.
    they had no proper maps one was decribed as being torn out of an atlas an the other a WW2 survey map stolen form a University.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    NCEA changes: Teachers overwhelmingly reject 'extremely dramatic' proposal

... the dumbing down of a nation ... or just a natural consequence of a widely varied world demanding workers that have no background in science, and indeed an education system that simply isn't designed keep up with the variations of workers required. Hmmmmmm, tricky. Both.......
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    NCEA changes: Teachers overwhelmingly reject 'extremely dramatic' proposal

... the dumbing down of a nation ... or just a natural consequence of a widely varied world demanding workers that have no background in science, and indeed an education system that simply isn't designed keep up with the variations of workers required. Hmmmmmm, tricky. Both.......
    Or - I think this line is most telling:

"Classics is a broad foundational subject that introduces students to the history of Western civilisation. It touches on art, literature, philosophy, religion and we just don't understand why the subject which is probably the very definition of the foundations of Western literature and Western education would be chopped."
    If you add in Science as well, removing those is undermining the West itself.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information