A bit dodgy?

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    OK boomer!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    Give it time my son. All good things come to those who wait.

I'm still effin waiting!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Recently I came across the video clip of her Green colleague Ms Ghahramen "shopping". There is a woman in the background with longish dark hair and RWNJs were advancing the theory that it was Ms Swabrick. She denied this which excited them - because they now had her denial on record.

I expect they will be even more excited now. I'm expecting the clip to make an imminent reappearance.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    A bit dodgy?
    I'd tap ya.
    No. Wait.
    How does this work?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    As we head further into banana republic status perhaps she’s all we deserve. She’s just the kind of militant nutbar that could trigger a civil war allowing team America to come in and turn us into a submarine base for South Pacific.
    At last election her speech was frothing at mouth fevour like they had actually won. Ah no girls you did was end up in opposition benches, yes you have a paid job still but you have zero power.
    It’s scary that ten percent of those that voted did it for them.
    While we are talking about greens, an ad came up for something called work ride. Looks like it’s been out awhile but just like the clean car subsidy it’s a policy that benefits the rich.
    You buy an e-bike, it’s jacked up through your employer so it’s bought direct from your pretax salary/wages and therefore get a tax break. Technically you lease the bike (meaning your obliged to maintain it and not wreck it) for a year or so then the administrators of scheme typically let you keep it. There is no real policing in place to see if you actually commute to work on it or just ride to wineries on weekends.
    A half decent e-bike is between 10-20k. In current climate I don’t know many ordinary people that would be keen to lose even a small portion of their income for what’s effectively a luxury item that will be sporadically used.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    It was on the good
    Steady on Dave, she's only 14.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    As we head further into banana republic status perhaps she’s all we deserve. She’s just the kind of militant nutbar that could trigger a civil war allowing team America to come in and turn us into a submarine base for South Pacific.
    Starting to sound like Faux News and trump in the US, foaming and spitting at the thought of Taylor Swift endorsing Biden. Swarbrick *could* inspire a lot more young people to vote and possibly upset the old white misogynist balance of power. (it's been done before)
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A half decent e-bike is between 10-20k.
    Nah. Twenty grand is likely a mountain bike with full suspension and with frame and components made of titanium or other exotic materials. Ten to twenty is likely also a mountain bike but with less unobtanium components.

A serviceable road/commuter bike can be had for five to six thousand, they start about half that.

There is an Auckland journo commutes on an E bike. He got T boned by a motorist and when he recovered he consequently needed a new bike. He bought a new bike fitted out to his requirements for about five thousand. A commuter bike doesn't need suspension but it does need mudguards, a carrier, and lights.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Nah. Twenty grand is likely a mountain bike with full suspension and with frame and components made of titanium or other exotic materials. Ten to twenty is likely also a mountain bike but with less unobtanium components.

A serviceable road/commuter bike can be had for five to six thousand, they start about half that.

There is an Auckland journo commutes on an E bike. He got T boned by a motorist and when he recovered he consequently needed a new bike. He bought a new bike fitted out to his requirements for about five thousand. A commuter bike doesn't need suspension but it does need mudguards, a carrier, and lights.
    I bought a Giant Talon e+1 e-MTB a couple of years ago. Long travel front suspension, no rear suspension but I added a sprung seat post. Paid ~$5000 for it. I use it on the off-road trails here in Coromandel including some steep stuff, but avoid the grade 3/4 trails as a nod to a 76 year old body. I've covered a bit over 2500 km so far and absolutely love it. I've never pushed the range but at the lowest power setting, it's good for somewhere in the region of 160 km. At highest power, a little over 60 km. I actually bought it to strengthen dodgy knees. Since then, I've had one completely replaced with another at some time in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buffalo Rd Sept 22.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	939.2 KB 
ID:	354320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Medlock Trail.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	768.2 KB 
ID:	354321  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I spent about that (actually $4300) on a 2014 GG Trials bike in minty condition 2 yrs back with lots of new just-in-case new spares. I was a little lucky. But I bet much more fun and skills increasing than an ebike.
    Problem is it lent to a spanky new one when I got hooked (again).
    Still kept the older one for friends.
    Storage space might get the better of it if I need room. Or maybe I can jiggle in an 8th. . .
    Buy a Trials bike.

Sorry? What were we talking about?
    Oh, right.
    The Lizard masters.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Starting to sound like Faux News and trump in the US, foaming and spitting at the thought of Taylor Swift endorsing Biden. Swarbrick *could* inspire a lot more young people to vote and possibly upset the old white misogynist balance of power. (it's been done before)
    This country has frequently had women leaders during last several decades so I don’t know where you get that from.And there is no evidence of anti women decisions from our govts past and present. What great things would a non white leader do for NZ that a white leader couldn’t, just out of interest????
    Our country is very diverse perhaps we will have an Asian or Indian political leader soon which could be very interesting as both cultures are hard working and pro private enterprise. Could seem a boom is sole traders and easier for people to run their own businesses.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    This country has frequently had women leaders during last several decades so I donÂ’t know where you get that from.And there is no evidence of anti women decisions from our govts past and present. What great things would a non white leader do for NZ that a white leader couldnÂ’t, just out of interest????
    Our country is very diverse perhaps we will have an Asian or Indian political leader soon which could be very interesting as both cultures are hard working and pro private enterprise. Could seem a boom is sole traders and easier for people to run their own businesses.
    Racial origin shouldn't come into it at all. Nor should sex . But you may have noticed (indeed, contributed to) the venomous misogynistic hatred, death threats, violence that has been targeted against women politicians in this country that by and large, male pollies seem to have avoided. And three (two elected, one by a coup) women compared to six men since David Lange is not really "frequently".
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This country has frequently had women leaders during last several decades
    Yeah, but I don't recall Jenny Shipley or Helen Clark inspiring masses of young voters. Which is what the Republicans are worried about.

Britain has one such at the moment. It doesn't seem to be working out as you expect.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Racial origin shouldn't come into it at all. Nor should sex . But you may have noticed (indeed, contributed to) the venomous misogynistic hatred, death threats, violence that has been targeted against women politicians in this country that by and large, male pollies seem to have avoided. And three (two elected, one by a coup) women compared to six men since David Lange is not really "frequently".
    The Adjective factory called, they want their sample book back. If I had contributed to anything you claimed above I’d be in prison so get your facts right aye?

The only thing close to violence would be the clown that put an axe through Helen’s electorate office window while she was clearly not there. And they had to resort to the ancient charge of sedition to actually do that guy for anything(although clearly wrong and stupid action by him).
    And dredging the pit deeper would be marama Davidson deliberately stepping into the path of a Harley at protest march.

Now contrast that with James Shaw getting randomly bashed, Steven Joyce getting a dildo thrown at him, don brash mud thrown at. Also Michael Laws in his review of the Gholriz saga said death threats and the like were a daily occurrence and no one ever touched him, so it’s definitely something that happens across board because there are nutters out there. You can’t use it as some kind of warped defence of criticism of poor policy.

Given the under representation of women they have frequently been in power on statistical basis.

Thread Information