Page 761 of 919 FirstFirst ... 261661711751759760761762763771811861 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 13773

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Nothing new there. You only need to compare a pack of (say) Griffins Mallowpuffs now and to what you can remember from the past. Often with things the packet remains the same size but the content within is a lot smaller. "Fair Go" regularly features this sort of thing
    As you say, it has been a common practice for quite some time. Alas, tis just another result of legal persons doing what's financially important instead of what's actually important. It is rather infuriating though, especially the 6 chippies per bag thing... almost worthy of complaining to the people on telly about.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    As you say, it has been a common practice for quite some time. Alas, tis just another result of legal persons doing what's financially important instead of what's actually important. It is rather infuriating though, especially the 6 chippies per bag thing... almost worthy of complaining to the people on telly about.
    We are well indoctrinated by now. I'm so old I think I can recall when Mellow Puffs and Afghans came with a walnut on top.

An example of the sort of thing that can still piss me off is when Cadbury replaced some choclate with a piece of cardboard a few years back. Then they were caught replacing the cocoa oil with palm oil. The ad used to say, "There's a pint and a half of milk in every big block." Now it's, "There's a pint and a half in every one." Every one what?

That's what happens when a century old family business is bought out by an international corporation. Fuckem!

Whitakers FTW.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    We are well indoctrinated by now. I'm so old I think I can recall when Mellow Puffs and Afghans came with a walnut on top.

An example of the sort of thing that can still piss me off is when Cadbury replaced some choclate with a piece of cardboard a few years back. Then they were caught replacing the cocoa oil with palm oil. The ad used to say, "There's a pint and a half of milk in every big block." Now it's, "There's a pint and a half in every one." Every one what?

That's what happens when a century old family business is bought out by an international corporation. Fuckem!

Whitakers FTW.
    There ain't much choice really is there, coz economics. Go with the flow (sell up) or slowly be rolled over by the buying power of your corporate competition.

The only thing I remember with a walnut on it was a walnut whip (the nut got tossed, so to speak). Must have been a fad. Yeah that monocultured palm oil didn't really go down well did it. Fortunately, we're relatively goldfish minded.

Haven't been able to eat chocolate for a year or so (only got 7 teeth left), because eating Fittakers and choccy block type bars is akin to eating toblerone from the freezer. What I did find was those lindt dark chocolate balls though... just put 'em in yer mouth and suck 'em without the constant stabbing. Feckin' expensive, likely highly unsustainable too, but they've already been produced and dress the shelves and some tit saw thought it a good idea to no longer produce Buttons.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There are recent news reports that the FBI have recovered about half the ransom money paid to Russian hackers who compromised the main eastern US pipeline. They did this by hacking one of the groups Bitcoin wallets.

So I’ve just received a news item that a number of major websites have been taken down simultaneously. These two facts may be unrelated. Or not.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Louis Gohmert a congressman from Texas, a qualified lawyer FFS, has suggested that changing the moons orbit would be a fix for climate change. Yeah, there should be an app for that.

It's difficult to say who would be the most stupid cretin in Congress, the competition is hot, but Louis keeps giving it his best shot

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Louis Gohmert a congressman from Texas, a qualified lawyer FFS, has suggested that changing the moons orbit would be a fix for climate change. Yeah, there should be an app for that.

It's difficult to say who would be the most stupid cretin in Congress, the competition is hot, but Louis keeps giving it his best shot
    I've listened to the original quote - it seems very much to me that the question is being asked Tongue-in-cheek.

I understand, from what’s been testified to the Forest Service and BLM you want very much to work on the issue of climate change, I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they found that the moon’s orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth’s orbit around the sun. We know there’s been significant solar flare activities, and so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit or the Earth’s orbit around the sun? Obviously that would have profound effects on our climate.
    (Apparently BLM in this case is Bureau of Land Management - but in the quote he just says BLM)

Either that or it's a reductio ad absurdum.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So after the RWNJ's hysteria about the BLM violence, some facts. Bugga!

https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/ne...research-finds

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So after the RWNJ's hysteria about the BLM violence, some facts. Bugga!

https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/ne...research-finds
    "Most Nazis didn't commit Genocide"

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I was silly enough to click view post on tdl. I should know better. You didn't fucking read that at all did you? Just decided that you knew what it said and added a Whataboutism to try stave off the critical analysis of statements by people like Trump and other racist bigots blaming the victim.

Good work. Hope you are proud of yourself.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I was silly enough to click view post on tdl. I should know better. You didn't fucking read that at all did you? Just decided that you knew what it said and added a Whataboutism to try stave off the critical analysis of statements by people like Trump and other racist bigots blaming the victim.

What you need to remember is, do not open the posts

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

Or, I read it and could see it's a combination of gross abuse of statistics and by an ideologically biased researcher.

Let's compare to what Wikipedia says:

Death(s) 25 (As of October 31, 2020)
    Arrested 14,000+[3]
    Property damage

$550 million in Minneapolis–Saint Paul (May 26–June 6, 2020)[4]
    $1–2 billion in insured damages in the United States (May 26–June 8, 2020)[5]
    25 people Killed.
    $1-2 BILLION in insured Damages.

Even if I accept the premise of the research (I don't) that it's a small number of protests that turned violent, the scale of the violence that has clearly occurred when it did turn violent negates the premise.

And so the simplest retort is to point out that (using the exact same statistical methods they use) - Most Nazis didn't commit Genocide, either.

Bike
    husaberg
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's a rare day, the first two news items I read this morning made me happy. (If you haven't heard of these people Google will have a ton of detail.)

Reality Winner has been released from prison in the US to a halfway house. It was Winner who first provided actual evidence that Russia had interferred in the 2016 US election. She was scooped up under the espionage laws, with none of the normal protections afforded US citizens and she was jailed for five years. It was hoped Biden would pardon her when he was elected but he didn't. It seems she has begun the discharge process because of time off for good behaviour.

The Biloela family. This family were scooped up in the dead of night from the town of Biloela in Queensland where they had made a life. The parents, originally boat people, had met, married, and had two daughters in Australia. They have been held in detention on Christmas Island for some three years, most of the youngest daughter's life. She recently caught pneumonia which was untreated for some ten days until she developed life threatening sepsis at which point she was rushed to Perth hospital with her mother. Her fourth birthday was Saturday. Armed guards and no visitors allowed, not the happiest birthday for a little kid. Australian TV personalities and such filmed a song for her birthday.

The story about this family has been major news, it has made our local news, the Washington Post ran a full page story last week. It seems the Australian government feel that unless this family is treated harshly the country will be flooded by boat people. The boat people threat is not what it was. Even members of the government have begun pressuring the minister to release the family. The Australian Medical Association says that the famiily should not go back to Christmas Island, other notable people have been supporting their release.

Today the father and the older daughter have been flown to Perth and the family is to live in community detention. This could still go badly wrong, if the family were permitted to return to Biloela, which the townspeople want, this whole drama would be shown to be unnecessary. The PM wouldn't like that.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...CMP=GTAU_email

Bike
    husaberg
    It's a rare day, the first two news items I read this morning made me happy. (If you haven't heard of these people Google will have a ton of detail.)

Reality Winner has been released from prison in the US to a halfway house. It was Winner who first provided actual evidence that Russia had interferred in the 2016 US election. She was scooped up under the espionage laws, with none of the normal protections afforded US citizens and she was jailed for five years. It was hoped Biden would pardon her when he was elected but he didn't. It seems she has begun the discharge process because of time off for good behaviour.

The Biloela family. This family were scooped up in the dead of night from the town of Biloela in Queensland where they had made a life. The parents, originally boat people, had met, married, and had two daughters in Australia. They have been held in detention on Christmas Island for some three years, most of the youngest daughter's life. She recently caught pneumonia which was untreated for some ten days until she developed life threatening sepsis at which point she was rushed to Perth hospital with her mother. Her fourth birthday was Saturday. Armed guards and no visitors allowed, not the happiest birthday for a little kid. Australian TV personalities and such filmed a song for her birthday.

The story about this family has been major news, it has made our local news, the Washington Post ran a full page story last week. It seems the Australian government feel that unless this family is treated harshly the country will be flooded by boat people. The boat people threat is not what it was. Even members of the government have begun pressuring the minister to release the family. The Australian Medical Association says that the famiily should not go back to Christmas Island, other notable people have been supporting their release.

Today the father and the older daughter have been flown to Perth and the family is to live in community detention. This could still go badly wrong, if the family were permitted to return to Biloela, which the townspeople want, this whole drama would be shown to be unnecessary. The PM wouldn't like that.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...CMP=GTAU_email
    only in murica would that be a person's name.....
    or maybe Indonesia
    Megawati Sukarnoputri
    Susilo Bambang Yudhoyon
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_Indonesia
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information