Page 804 of 920 FirstFirst ... 304704754794802803804805806814854904 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 13786

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Yeah plus one on signpost stuff. Too many desk jockeys that don’t get out in real world to visit site.

Also you’ll find authority borders NZTA/local council merge or overlap in weird places causing ownership issues on these problems.

Recently I travelled the new stupid 80k SH5 limit designed to reduce deaths. About half population reflects new limit other half doing 95-110ish.
    But what happens is you now end up with a freight train of cars and the next passing lane is practically a reverse grid NASCAR rolling start.... it’s only a matter of time before we have NASCAR style crashes.
    Remains to be seen of death rate drops or not, time will tell and police are heavily enforcing the limit at all hours but how long will the budget sustain that.....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Yes very pertinent points. I think the Russians are the only ones who did their homework properly before this all started. There has been some great translated Russian arrticles discussing this sketch of stuff which western media date not mention.
    It explains Putin’s confidence and one of his statements that the mechanics of international trade means the west can’t destroy Russia or function without them in Long term.
    Good morning.

I happen to agree with your comments. But I guess that we will see who is correct over the course of the next 6+ months, leading into the EU winter.

Oil
    Even while the Russian oil replacement / plant conversion process may not currently be well underway, the challenge of simply ensuring adequate supply of suitable feedstock - to maintain existing operations - still exists (business as usual).

Gas
    German industry dependence upon natural gas is also starting to encounter the challenges of reduced gas supplies. Germany is the largest consumer of natural gas in Europe, and natural gas represents about 25% of its primary energy consumption.

Certain German industries (and companies) are very dependent upon a steady supply of cheap gas. And if a steady (minimum) supply of gas cannot be maintained, then some industry close-down may need to occur.

Just on a pure physical basis, a staged shut-down of some of these chemical production and processing plants could be quite a complicated process in its own right (quite apart from leading to obvious loss of production).

But the future re-start of certain plants could be even worse, in terms of complexity and cost (e.g. complexity and synchronisation of start-up operations and supply of required feedstocks; purchase and replacement of poisoned catalysts). Even more so after a prolonged outage.

In some cases, it might even be touch-and-go getting a plant restarted at all (e.g. alumina refining; glass making). It would simply be best if those plants are never stopped.

To business organisations, it probably doesn't matter whether a reduction in gas supply is due to:

1-Government decision not to purchase Russian gas (refusal to adhere to Russian rouble payment scheme);

2-Physical gas supply is constrained due to issues with (i) pipelines (ii) pumping equipment (e.g. Siemens gas turbine repairs sanctioned by Canada) (iii) scheduled plant maintenance ;

3-Purchase cost of natural gas has risen so high that it is simply too expensive to continue normal plant production (i.e. unable to manufacture a cost competitive product).

https://www.cleanenergywire.org/fact...ermany-are-cut
    https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...es-2022-06-23/

I happened to see another mention in this morning's news:

https://www.rt.com/business/557936-g...sf-russia-gas/

I suspect that Mr Scholz may have a few challenges awaiting him when he gets home from the latest G7 meeting.

[Edit]

https://eadaily-com.translate.goog/r..._x_tr_pto=wapp

[Edit 01.07.2022]

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/300...ina-challenges

Think that you can expect to see some more of the following (expansion into China). Not only because of local labour and likely operational conditions, but increasingly due to better access to (i) energy needed for operation (ii) certain raw materials needed for manufacture.

Note also the complication caused by the German government re the alleged human rights issue.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years over sex trafficking... but where are the names of those she supplied?

Non-essential petrol sales halted for two weeks in Sri Lanka... capitalism strikes again.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years over sex trafficking... but where are the names of those she supplied?

Non-essential petrol sales halted for two weeks in Sri Lanka... capitalism strikes again.
    Prob sub judice and all. It cracks me up about crime being paid to knock her off, I thought they would all be lining up to do job for free.
    She’ll probably shoot herself in forehead while hands tied behind her back while painting a bridge over a deep river on day work release in Arkansas, lots of accidents happen there.

So what about all the food shortages and other stuff when the Union of Soviet Socialust Russia collapsed...???
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Prob sub judice and all. It cracks me up about crime being paid to knock her off, I thought they would all be lining up to do job for free.
    She’ll probably shoot herself in forehead while hands tied behind her back while painting a bridge over a deep river on day work release in Arkansas, lots of accidents happen there.

So what about all the food shortages and other stuff when the Union of Soviet Socialust Russia collapsed...???
    That they can hide the names says a lot about the state of the world. "Oh it might affect the economy" lol. Wonder if her and R Kelly (who got 10 years for shifting girls around), who are about the same weight, will seesaw by the neck... a kind of twofer. With any luck the fellow inmates of both will extract a list.

Same as Africa and India and various other places that've been ignored for a slot of abundance sharing... if ya ain't go the $ gtfo.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Here's an article about some of the victims. Pretty sure it's a privacy issue, as it should be.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tim-statements

I haven't read the article, just a quick skim to see if it's pertinent to your question.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Here's an article about some of the victims. Pretty sure it's a privacy issue, as it should be.

I haven't read the article, just a quick skim to see if it's pertinent to your question.
    I'd hazard a guess he's referring to the names of the Clients, not the Victims.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Blog Entries

Not quite what I meant. More the predators names they were sold to... a kind of public service announcement "watch out for this cunt" type thing. "Oh but their life might be in danger.", bugga.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Not quite what I meant. More the predators names they were sold to... a kind of public service announcement "watch out for this cunt" type thing. "Oh but their life might be in danger.", bugga.
    My bad, soz.

The private lives of the rich and famous. And their fixers.

Time will tell how much is found out and publicized, Maxwell claims she has an extensive DVD collection.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    My bad, soz.

Time will tell how much is found out and publicized, Maxwell claims she has an extensive DVD collection.
    that may well be her insurance - stashed with a third party who releases them if anything should happen.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    that may well be her insurance - stashed with a third party who releases them if anything should happen.
    Plot Twist: Ghislaine dies in Prison due to typical Prison stuff as opposed to organized hit, DVDs are released and chaos ensues.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Blog Entries
    My bad, soz.

I reckon they've had enough time if the collection is that extensive.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    R. Kelly given 30 years in jail for sex abuse... my bad, he got 30 years. Gotta wonder how these things remain unseen given the snooping of communications that takes place.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Gotta wonder how these things remain unseen given the snooping of communications that takes place.
    Or maybe it doesn't take place...........

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Or maybe it doesn't take place...........
    That's always been the most convenient position for most.

In other news, capitalism strikes again.

Heinz products off Tesco shelves after pricing dispute

Farmers cut food production as costs soar

Sharing the hit can be tricky when one party can't afford to share the hit. Ahhhhhhh capitalism how great though art.

Thread Information