Page 746 of 919 FirstFirst ... 246646696736744745746747748756796846 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 13773

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Come onnnnnnnnn, borrow the emergency money already. What's the hold up? It's numbers on a keyboard into an account and people clearly need it. You've said 20 billion, make it 80 just to be on the safe side, coz we had a rockstar economy when the blues borrowed 80 billion............
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Coronavirus: Lockdowns continue to suppress European pollution

"Lockdown polices and the resulting reductions in economic activity have seen emissions take a steep dive."

3 guesses what a move towards sustainability is going to look like. Everything else is bullshit... somewhat satirically, bullshit that you guys want to see started up again

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    The Army lads are setting up barriers around Palmy. I'll send my spies out later on to sus them out. Sucks to be them at the moment as it is pissing down outside at the moment. Quite cozy in the conservatory and the shed though.... Pantry topped up as well.,,,

Bike
    VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post

"Lockdown polices and the resulting reductions in economic activity have seen emissions take a steep dive."

3 guesses what a move towards sustainability is going to look like. Everything else is bullshit... somewhat satirically, bullshit that you guys want to see started up again

Good to see, it's like the Earth's getting a well deserved break. Bit of a piss off that it takes something like Covid-19 to do it though.

Bike
    Twowheeled

You guys? That's very divisive, not to mention a massive generalisation.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPenguin View Post
    You guys? That's very divisive, not to mention a massive generalisation.
    Awwwwww pet lamb. Still not able to handle blatantly obvious observation without the need to project someone else's judgement onto a thing? You dishonour Penguins everywhere. I've yet to hear many people state that they don't want to get back to work so that they can earn some more bits of planet, I mean money. Massive generalisation? You must be bogan.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearup View Post
    Good to see, it's like the Earth's getting a well deserved break. Bit of a piss off that it takes something like Covid-19 to do it though.
    I'm waiting for people to click to the fact that the fast acting virus has done exactly what is slowly happening on multiple economic fronts in the background. But coz it happens slowly and only leaves people homeless and starving and not dead, it isn't an issue lol. Maybe we'll learn.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Awwwwww pet lamb. Still not able to handle blatantly obvious observation without the need to project someone else's judgement onto a thing? You dishonour Penguins everywhere. I've yet to hear many people state that they don't want to get back to work so that they can earn some more bits of planet, I mean money. Massive generalisation? You must be bogan.
    You are instulting bogons everywere.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    You are instulting bogons everywere.
    Heh... that is not my intention, but is most definitely an expected bonus.

Some people just can't help themselves but to "shoot" the messenger that's passing on the truth... because I hurt them with the truth .

Bike
    Sold

Mustn't be much work going on?

KiwiRail goes past the back of us - very small trains - often just light engines coupled together - main highway through traffic is getting less and less by the day? - is this an indicator of the state of the economy? -

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    KiwiRail goes past the back of us - very small trains - often just light engines coupled together - main highway through traffic is getting less and less by the day? - is this an indicator of the state of the economy? -
    It's ok, they're saying on the telly that the economy will bounce back more quickly than from the GFC... at some point, some time, once people who are in non-essential jobs start getting enough money for discretionary spending again. Fortunately: sheeple

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Helicopter money: The time is now ... this is what happens when you treat the planet as an externality instead of a parameter in all economic calculations i.e. the stupid of today continue to blindly follow the stupid of yesterday despite the evidence that their past stupidity has brought with it the issues of today.

It is a stupid world when they can't figure out how to get money to people. We can print it for all sorts of reasons, just not for life purposes.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    3 guesses what a move towards sustainability is going to look like.
    A crappy, totalitarian, monotonous existence devoid of fun, enjoyment and the things that generally make life worth living?

Yes, It's almost like those of us that oppose your version of 'Sustainability' knew exactly what it would look like, which is precisely why we oppose it.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Blog Entries
    ECB’s Weidmann Tells Governments to Spend Now But Save Later

Spend now and save later. Aye, a winning formula right there. Spend now and create the debt that you can pay off over a series of tomorrows that aren't currently in your budget forecasting, and then save later. If it ain't broke ......

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Central Bank Independence May Not Survive the Coronavirus...

"*****The alternative to maintaining that posture — to claiming, in other words, that monetary policy is still distinct from fiscal policy — would be for central banks to simply erase the addition to public debt and directly finance the needed public spending. Thanks to the pandemic, an eventual recourse to direct monetary financing, which fully merges monetary and fiscal policy, is possible and perhaps even probable. ".

That almost sounds sensible... if we wish to get back to offing ourselves that is. Still not adding the finite planet into their equations and thinking it'll be alright. Maybe they can't see what's coming.

Thread Information