Page 681 of 919 FirstFirst ... 181581631671679680681682683691731781 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 13784

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Gillette's triumphant ad campaign encouraging men to renounce their evil rapin and molestin ways crashes and burns on re entry to the real world. This is what happens when you let a hairy arsed feminist create an ad campaign to sell razors to men. Personally I collected all my gillette products and ritually burned them before heading off to Countdown to purchase a competing product. Best comment so far... "This ad would only appeal to feminists who don't shave anything".
    Oh you poor thing - did you get your big hairy arsed silverback butt get hurt ???

never mind - I'm sure there's a handy tree you can shake to get rid of your anger ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Oh you poor thing - did you get your big hairy arsed silverback butt get hurt ???

never mind - I'm sure there's a handy tree you can shake to get rid of your anger ..
    I didn't imagine you getting your ethics from an ad company and Procter and Gamble. How the mighty have fallen.

Here's the tool for next time you shave your ballsack......

Bike
    R6
    Gillette's triumphant ad campaign encouraging men to renounce their evil rapin and molestin ways crashes and burns on re entry to the real world. This is what happens when you let a hairy arsed feminist create an ad campaign to sell razors to men. Personally I collected all my gillette products and ritually burned them before heading off to Countdown to purchase a competing product. Best comment so far... "This ad would only appeal to feminists who don't shave anything".
    Piers Morgan, the TV presenter, blasted the ad, writing, "This absurd virtue-signalling PC guff may drive me away to a company less eager to fuel the current pathetic global assault on masculinity."

Gutted bro.

It's a great ad.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Piers Morgan, the TV presenter, blasted the ad, writing, "This absurd virtue-signalling PC guff may drive me away to a company less eager to fuel the current pathetic global assault on masculinity."

Gutted bro.

It's a great ad.
    Over the last decade Procter and Gamble have been fined over 200 million Euros for price fixing, named by Amnesty International as profiting from forced child labour, and have tested their products on animals.... glad you like them though. Or maybe you think the ad agency has changed EvilCorps ethics? As ad agencies always do

Bike
    R6
    Over the last decade Procter and Gamble have been fined over 200 million Euros for price fixing, named by Amnesty International as profiting from forced child labour, and have tested their products on animals.... glad you like them though. Or maybe you think the ad agency has changed EvilCorps ethics? As ad agencies always do
    Who the fuck is Procter and Gamble and why should I care? The Ad raises up a very serious social issue in a new light to provoke thought, I'm not sure why so many people disagree with the message that we should have a think, and make improvements as required.

Bike
    Blade '12
    They own Gillette. These are the people spoon feeding you platitudes to encourage you to buy a razor. It's a marketing campaign not the Gettysburg address.

I'd warrant even an emasculated pussy like you didn't learn a single new thing from that ad.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Greystone seems to be having difficulty ejecting EvilCorps dick from his throat at the moment but will no doubt be along shortly claiming that he enjoyed the experience, didn't value his gag reflex that highly and had re evaluated his experience of masculinity accordingly.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Who the fuck is Procter and Gamble and why should I care? The Ad raises up a very serious social issue in a new light to provoke thought, I'm not sure why so many people disagree with the message that we should have a think, and make improvements as required.
    So, you can probably guess which side of this debate I sit on - but I'm curious:

By what rationale or right does an advert for Razor blades have to morally lecture someone about Social issues? Serious or otherwise?

Not only the above, but it comes with a presupposition that the viewpoint they are advocating is objectively right, and not only that, but said presupposition is neither earned nor comes with any form of Mandate.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    bandit
    I didn't imagine you getting your ethics from an ad company and Procter and Gamble. How the mighty have fallen.

Here's the tool for next time you shave your ballsack......

Were you born that stupid or does it take practice?
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    So, you can probably guess which side of this debate I sit on - but I'm curious:

By what rationale or right does an advert for Razor blades have to morally lecture someone about Social issues? Serious or otherwise?

Not only the above, but it comes with a presupposition that the viewpoint they are advocating is objectively right, and not only that, but said presupposition is neither earned nor comes with any form of Mandate.
    They pay for the air time - it is not free speech ..

let me make this very clear - I don't watch ads - I turn off the sound and go read something .. I have never seen the ad, I do not give a fuck about the ad

I'm amazed at how much hatred an ad has created ..

You all say that the ads are just propaganda, that they are only trying to sell you something you don't need ..

And then you all get upset at an ad?

Clearly the ads are more important than you say they are ..

Some of you are too young to remember the Greggs ad - the first one to show us as a multicultural country ..

https://www.ngataonga.org.nz/set/item/99

Bike
    bandit
    Is your masculinity so under threat that this advertisement - a paid piece of propaganda aimed at making you buy a product - has completely upset it?

Fuggin' snowflakes - all of you posers ..

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    They pay for the air time - it is not free speech ..

let me make this very clear - I don't watch ads - I turn off the sound and go read something .. I have never seen the ad, I do not give a fuck about the ad

I'm amazed at how much hatred an ad has created ..

You all say that the ads are just propaganda, that they are only trying to sell you something you don't need ..

And then you all get upset at an ad?

Clearly the ads are more important than you say they are ..

Some of you are too young to remember the Greggs ad - the first one to show us as a multicultural country ..

https://www.ngataonga.org.nz/set/item/99
    Compare the 2 implicit statements:

1: Buy our Razor, it's the best Razor.
    2: You're a bad person because you aren't as virtuous as us, if you buy our product, you'll be able to redeem yourself partially from the guilt of original Sin.

If it was an isolated instance - no one would care, but this is but the latest in a long line of companies taking established (and sometimes beloved) IP and using it as a platform to shove a particular political viewpoint down our collective throats or prejudicially applying their ToS to further said political viewpoint

Star Wars, GhostBusters, Oceans 8, Battlefield 5, Magic: The Gathering, Youtube, Patreon, Facebook, Twitter, MasterCard, Paypal, Myriad of Comic Book titles and now Gillette. They are currently gunning for James Bond I understand.

In all of the above cases, the result of trying to shove political Ideology where it's not wanted has been loss of Revenue, which results in the loss of that IP from being further developed/delivered.

And People are getting Sick of it, they are getting Sick of being called *ists when they know they aren't, they are sick of being lectured to by Companies who've usurped a moral highground they have no right to assume, they are sick of seeing their favourite bits of content - in some cases, content they have spent thousands of dollars, over decades supporting, enjoying, promoting - being destroyed by someone elses malicious utopian vision.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    bandit
    Rolling Stnes - Satisaction (1965 )

When I'm watchin' my TV and a man comes on and tells me
    How white my shirts can be
    But, he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
    The same cigarettes as me ...

People were sick of it then ..

If you don't like it - use the fucking OFF switch ..

PS - I recently heard this as the music for a car ad - can't remember which one - I thought 'How Ironic' ..

Bike
    Blade '12
    Were you born that stupid or does it take practice?
    Jesus. You're arguing about an ad you haven't even seen and I'm the stupid one

Fucking priceless. God it must be great to be an academic.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Compare the 2 implicit statements:

1: Buy our Razor, it's the best Razor.
    2: You're a bad person because you aren't as virtuous as us, if you buy our product, you'll be able to redeem yourself partially from the guilt of original Sin.

If it was an isolated instance - no one would care, but this is but the latest in a long line of companies taking established (and sometimes beloved) IP and using it as a platform to shove a particular political viewpoint down our collective throats or prejudicially applying their ToS to further said political viewpoint

Star Wars, GhostBusters, Oceans 8, Battlefield 5, Magic: The Gathering, Youtube, Patreon, Facebook, Twitter, MasterCard, Paypal, Myriad of Comic Book titles and now Gillette. They are currently gunning for James Bond I understand.

In all of the above cases, the result of trying to shove political Ideology where it's not wanted has been loss of Revenue, which results in the loss of that IP from being further developed/delivered.

And People are getting Sick of it, they are getting Sick of being called *ists when they know they aren't, they are sick of being lectured to by Companies who've usurped a moral highground they have no right to assume, they are sick of seeing their favourite bits of content - in some cases, content they have spent thousands of dollars, over decades supporting, enjoying, promoting - being destroyed by someone elses malicious utopian vision.
    Nicely put. That's where I'm at.

Thread Information