Page 918 of 920 FirstFirst ... 418818868908916917918919920 LastLast
Results 13,756 to 13,770 of 13786

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Boom!!! Called it like about ten years ago. This is why I’ve always hated QR codes and before that tiny url links. You can’t see the address your device is navigating to. Finally scammers are in on it.
    If expanding a tiny URL s beyond you maybe you should avoid them. It's not hard to expand a tiny URL

To unshorten the link:

Go to https://urlex.org/ Copy and paste the link into the text box. Press "Expand" The URLEX website will "expand" the shortened URL so that you can, after reviewing for appropriateness, go to the site.

Likewise with QR codes:
    How do I preview a QR code URL?

Open the Google Lens application and select the image icon in the top right corner.
    Open the image that you want to scan the QR code from.
    Tap the QR code, and it will take you to the stored URL.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 21st February 2024 at 19:27. Reason: Fixed broken quote
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    If expanding a tiny URL s beyond you maybe you should avoid them. It's not hard to expand a tiny URL

To unshorten the link:

Go to https://urlex.org/ Copy and paste the link into the text box. Press "Expand" The URLEX website will "expand" the shortened URL so that you can, after reviewing for appropriateness, go to the site.

Likewise with QR codes:
    How do I preview a QR code URL?

Open the Google Lens application and select the image icon in the top right corner.
    Open the image that you want to scan the QR code from.
    Tap the QR code, and it will take you to the stored URL.
    Thanks for that bit of info, however most people aren’t going to utilise that tool so my comment about risk still stands. And just look at the recent scams with NZTA where scammers were using fake website with very similar naming.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Slightly different topic. Y'all will be familiar with US Congress woman Marjorie Taylor Greene. She refused to wear a mask in Congress during COVID. The fine for a first offence was $500, subsequent offences 2,500. Those fines added up. Her fines totalled over $100,000. So Marg appealed all the way to the Supreme Court, claiming the deductions from her salary were illegal. Yesterday SCOTUS ruled that the deductions stand. Pardon my schadenfreude.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Slightly different topic. Y'all will be familiar with US Congress woman Marjorie Taylor Greene. She refused to wear a mask in Congress during COVID. The fine for a first offence was $500, subsequent offences 2,500. Those fines added up. Her fines totalled over $100,000. So Marg appealed all the way to the Supreme Court, claiming the deductions from her salary were illegal. Yesterday SCOTUS ruled that the deductions stand. Pardon my schadenfreude.
    Especially when Her salary is listed at $174K
    Maybe Putin pays her enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    In the wrong part of town wearing an expensive watch can be asking for trouble. For instance some people occasionally wear a fake Rolex leaving their Oyster Perpetual safe at home. The idea being that if they are mugged it's no great loss. It turns out that's not such a great idea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-jailed.html
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    New York AG Letitia James is running hot. La Pierre cops near US$4.5 million fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at 2.13.48 PM.png 
Views:	430 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	354421  

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

Tyler Boebert 18yo son of "the gentlelady from Colorado" Congresswoman Lauren Boebert, has been charged with a variety of offences arising from theft from vehicles and use of stolen credit cards. Interestingly he allegedly also made a sex tape with one of his co-offenders. The only female in this sad little group is underage so he may have more serious problems pending.

Both his mother and his father have rap sheets so I guess we could say it runs in the family. He is, however, innocent until proven guilty of course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...defendant.html

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Congressman Ronny Jackson, formerly Admiral Jackson, Trump's White House doctor and he who rejoiced in the nickname "Candyman," has been reduced in rank by the US Navy to Captain. His behaviour while in the White House is the cause of his demotion which negatively impacts his pension to the tune of US$15,000 pa.

There is also a recent Rolling Stone article which sheds light on the drug abuse rife in Trump's White House under Jackson. The place was awash with speed and tranqs.

Americans are more generous with the title doctor than most places. Jackson would not be permitted to call himself a doctor in this country.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Everyone knows you don’t mess with cops in south east Asia.

The full story here includes lot of detail that our media chose to leave out.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ffic-policeman

No matter what was going down this has to be stupidest move ever….

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Everyone knows you don’t mess with cops in south east Asia.

No matter what was going down this has to be stupidest move ever….
    Messing with cops in South East Asia has been done but you do have to know what you are doing and be very fit. Of course it is better and safer not to.

It'd be interesting to know exactly what those two thought they were doing. It would seem they may have a long time in a Thai jail to reflect.

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    It would seem they may have a long time in a Thai jail to reflect.
    Daddy will buy them out of jail.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUB View Post
    Daddy will buy them out of jail.
    Apparently attempted bribery is among the charges, so maybe not.

Suspect these boys are going to be made an example of, and wont be home for quite a while

"Aint no limit to dumb" as they say
    =mjc=

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    A former inmate think he was a kiwi gave brief interview about jail/prison in Thailand.

You don’t get your own cell you share with about 15-20 people who you sleep on floor next to as there are no beds. You don’t get fed. Locals bring food to cell presumably only for those they know.
    There are lots of rats and creep crawlers I guess that is food for some.

I hope they get hefty sentence I can’t think of anything worse a kiwi has done abroad to shame our nation amongst such a welcoming culture.

In other stupid news local police and fire are conducting an exercise downtown in large building. Of course many will find this interesting to observe as they pass through. But they are asking public to move on to help exercise conduct safely, surely it’s only helping to make it even more real.
    Performance anxiety maybe…???

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    In other stupid news local police and fire are conducting an exercise downtown in large building.
    Years ago the Police were involved in a combined anti terrorist exercise with the SAS. It was in an abandoned hospital if memory serves. The Police were aghast. Totally shocked. The SAS were kicking doors in. They were using explosive devices which left marks on the Lino. It was at that point that the Police should have realised that any anti terrorist training they had done to that point was utterly irrelevant and completely useless. Wouldn't want to bet on that though.

We have one professional anti terrorist organisation in this country - and it is not part of the police.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Years ago the Police were involved in a combined anti terrorist exercise with the SAS. It was in an abandoned hospital if memory serves. The Police were aghast. Totally shocked. The SAS were kicking doors in. They were using explosive devices which left marks on the Lino. It was at that point that the Police should have realised that any anti terrorist training they had done to that point was utterly irrelevant and completely useless. Wouldn't want to bet on that though.

We have one professional anti terrorist organisation in this country - and it is not part of the police.
    It’s high time we lost our she’ll be right attitude and took security seriously in this country. The eco-nutters are getting increasingly militant and we have now created a whole generation that entirely believes we are killing ourselves and the planet with climate change.
    The restore passenger rail nutters were given too much tolerance for too long so you have people out there who misguidedly think they can do anything if it’s just.
    Couple that with diminishing job opportunities for those at lower end of scale soon you will have terrorist actions by green nutters against our infrastructure.
    The worst part won’t be any lack of ability on police capacity but the political decision making in senior leadership that will delay appropriate response.
    Lets not forget we gave up full time armed response cop cars in our crime ridden larger cities because it was offensive that they occasionally were involved dealing with lower level offenders.

Thread Information