Page 723 of 919 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 13784

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    aprilia
    Anyway, the queen is back in my good book after telling parliament over there to pull the stick out of their asses and finish brexit off.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    And after all that you still have not posted a shred of evidence... Atleast you have something in common with your cult leader Greta!!

Either you've been fooled or you are a fool which is it?
    Yeah, good one.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Never, they are absolutely necessary.
    Correct.

So, if they are never going to stop protesting - why bother trying to appease them?

If there is nothing we can do that will make them happy, then we may as well ignore them - as the net result is better for us.

Then we also need to look at the underlying motivation - if nothing will make them happy, where does that lead to: When we are either all dead and Nature can do as Nature wants or we are reverted back to an animalistic existence.

Either way - no thanks.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Correct.

So, if they are never going to stop protesting - why bother trying to appease them?

If there is nothing we can do that will make them happy, then we may as well ignore them - as the net result is better for us.

Then we also need to look at the underlying motivation - if nothing will make them happy, where does that lead to: When we are either all dead and Nature can do as Nature wants or we are reverted back to an animalistic existence.

Either way - no thanks.
    Okay maybe not to the degree they are protesting now , and I think they are only starting, but they are necessary as a control. Utopia wouldn't need them, but that unicorn will never happen.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Okay maybe not to the degree they are protesting now , and I think they are only starting, but they are necessary as a control. Utopia wouldn't need them, but that unicorn will never happen.
    So we are back to the question - When is it enough? When will the rest of society have done enough so that they are not protesting, at all?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    So we are back to the question - When is it enough? When will the rest of society have done enough so that they are not protesting, at all?
    I'd suggest that that is a question that can't really be quantified.

I suspect that 'society' will determine when enough protesting has been done.

And with specific regard to environmental issues, I'd also suggest they we're only just seeing the start of any real significant amount of protesting.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd suggest that that is a question that can't really be quantified.
    I know, that is the point of asking it, to show that there is not a definitive problem that can be identified and fixed and make them happy, the point is that they will never be happy. And so all attempts to appease them are pointless.

I suspect that 'society' will determine when enough protesting has been done.
    There's definitely a Bell Curve of sorts, on some issues, there is enough wider society buy-in to make changes, however at the tail end of the curve, there is a group who are the majority of Protestors who will always be protesting.

And with specific regard to environmental issues, I'd also suggest they we're only just seeing the start of any real significant amount of protesting.
    Maybe, Maybe not.

My prediction is that all the Alarmist Predictions will be shown to be nothing but activists crying wolf, meanwhile Society at large will make small incremental adjustments, until someone comes up with some real alternatives for the likes of Plastic, Energy generation, Energy Storage and mined resources.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I know, that is the point of asking it, to show that there is not a definitive problem that can be identified and fixed and make them happy, the point is that they will never be happy. And so all attempts to appease them are pointless.
    And I strongly disagree.

There are plenty of definitive problems that can be identified and fixed.

Where it stops is for society to decide.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    These two cartoons remind me of a number of people on here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	better world for nothing.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	343406

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planet go destroyed.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	343407

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    I

My prediction is that all the Alarmist Predictions will be shown to be nothing but activists crying wolf, meanwhile Society at large will make small incremental adjustments, until someone comes up with some real alternatives for the likes of Plastic, Energy generation, Energy Storage and mined resources.
    Yup, so the protesting is working. Future generations will be way better informed about the environment, habitat loss etc so that it will be a major consideration in everything we do. Basically if your business plan adversely affects the environment in any way, and/or is not sustainable then it won't happen.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R

Agree, and looking forward to it...

Bike
    aprilia
    I would have to flip a coin to decide which one is stupider or more dangerous to this country. The part time PM in this instance is probably making slightly more sense though. But still you've got to wonder when neither of these idiots seem to consider that we could just not let in any. And that should include the refugees that Hannah Tamaki thought might be a good idea when she was caught on the hop this morning to offer them 50k a year not to come.... umm how about we just do nothing! And put all that tax payer money to good use on current NZ citizens!!

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...pIb7hx_gF8uLvY

Golly G just got back from visiting qatari spy Ilhan Omar in the states im sure to discuss how they can attempt to fuck their respective countries as much as possible before they get the boot!

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    I would have to flip a coin to decide which one is stupider or more dangerous to this country. The part time PM in this instance is probably making slightly more sense though. But still you've got to wonder when neither of these idiots seem to consider that we could just not let in any. And that should include the refugees that Hannah Tamaki thought might be a good idea when she was caught on the hop this morning to offer them 50k a year not to come.... umm how about we just do nothing! And put all that tax payer money to good use on current NZ citizens!!

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...pIb7hx_gF8uLvY

Golly G just got back from visiting qatari spy Ilhan Omar in the states im sure to discuss how they can attempt to fuck their respective countries as much as possible before they get the boot!
    Does beg the questions of who decides who Is a terrorist. At what level of protestation does a protestor become a terrorist?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Basically if your business plan adversely affects the environment in any way, and/or is not sustainable then it won't happen.
    What are people going to do for work when businesses are no longer allowed to continue trading under those guidelines? Using an approximation of 50% of that which we produce as no longer being allowed to be extracted/produced etc..., where are the new jobs going to come from?... coz jobs are important for some reason, especially the pointless ones.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    What are people going to do for work when businesses are no longer allowed to continue trading under those guidelines? Using an approximation of 50% of that which we produce as no longer being allowed to be extracted/produced etc..., where are the new jobs going to come from?... coz jobs are important for some reason, especially the pointless ones.
    No idea, but due to the amount of us, if we keep wrecking bits and pieces of the environment as we go along, the end game isn't going to be very pretty.

Thread Information