Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting a 300exc 2-banger to a road legal motard?

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    That's a good point. What's the best way to go about making the flywheel heavier? How much heavier will do?
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    You just buy kits, either heavier flywheels, or weights you add to the stock flywheel, all are simple to install. How much depends on the riding you do, normally they're used to calm down MX bikes and make the more suited to trail and enduro riding, but on a motard that's for road use, I'd probably get the heaviest available and see how that goes.

Bike
    1050s3

570 vs 500

Dear hamdOg, Some tenuous half blind methods of tracking you down led me to this questionable cyber location, but enough of that. I would be really interested in your thoughts about pros and cons of the blue bike verses the orange bike as from what I gather you have experience of both in a legal and above board sense. Was the main reason of your change to update rather than upgrade and would you go back if you could? I was thinking the 570 apart from the standard limited fuel range would make a darn near perfect south island jet fighter but I've never flown in or even on one. Nor have I flown a 500 but there is so much hype about how amazing they are it is in danger of surpassing the levels previously only achieved by the 570 it seems. In short, with consideration to the added costs and complexities of turning each into a weekend or week long on/off warrior and given the difficulties one would face trying to find good enough pre-loved examples as one would be delving into the torrid and crusty second-hand marketplace, which, Sir, would be your pick?
    Many hearty cheers in advance

Bike
    1050s3

Sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Trickle View Post
    Dear hamdOg, Some tenuous half blind methods of tracking you down led me to this questionable cyber location, but enough of that. I would be really interested in your thoughts about pros and cons of the blue bike verses the orange bike as from what I gather you have experience of both in a legal and above board sense. Was the main reason of your change to update rather than upgrade and would you go back if you could? I was thinking the 570 apart from the standard limited fuel range would make a darn near perfect south island jet fighter but I've never flown in or even on one. Nor have I flown a 500 but there is so much hype about how amazing they are it is in danger of surpassing the levels previously only achieved by the 570 it seems. In short, with consideration to the added costs and complexities of turning each into a weekend or week long on/off warrior and given the difficulties one would face trying to find good enough pre-loved examples as one would be delving into the torrid and crusty second-hand marketplace, which, Sir, would be your pick?
    Many hearty cheers in advance
    Was trying to get in touch with the hamdog about an unrelated topic. Alas not understanding how to drive on the interbahn I have carelessly disrupted the sweet flow of crucial information. I promise to be more careful in future, honest. Are there any signposts to aid navigation around this site or is like Auckland and has anyone seen the hamdog?

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    He last logged in to the site on 2nd June 2015 20:51

Thread Information