Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM or Big Bore Stroker?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by KCOW View Post
    You talking shit bro and if ya need da extra power to ride then you must be a shit rider. Learn ta ride before ya spout off, bet I could whip your arse on my pox CRF250. fastoyz, name should be slowoyz.
    Set it a part by how it lookz, give it some graphics and bling, Bid bores just askin for trouble.
    Athena kits are very good, esp on 250f's, we have sold a heap of athena big bore kits and never had a problem, and everyone loved them, and this goes right up to someone that one a NZ cross country champs on one,

aftermarket cheap cranks i do not have the same confidence in however

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by KCOW View Post
    You talking shit bro and if ya need da extra power to ride then you must be a shit rider. Learn ta ride before ya spout off, bet I could whip your arse on my pox CRF250. fastoyz, name should be slowoyz.
    Set it a part by how it lookz, give it some graphics and bling, Bid bores just askin for trouble.
    I could always use more power and id say id give you a pretty good run for ya money...

Standard graphics IMO on a bike give it better resale, specially if they are mint, the only bling id do would be a decent exhaust and maybe engine covers or ohlins but its not worth spending the $$ on an 08

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    Athena kits are very good, esp on 250f's, we have sold a heap of athena big bore kits and never had a problem, and everyone loved them, and this goes right up to someone that one a NZ cross country champs on one,

aftermarket cheap cranks i do not have the same confidence in however
    I think that might be the ticket Scotty, standard crank and big bore so its 480

Bike
    KTM 350 SX-F
    The Athena stuff is very good and well respected, but even then people are reluctant to buy an Athena-kitted bike because of the possible effects on the rest of the engine components.

I rode an Athena-kitted WR250F 2 years ago, a very sweet bike indeed, but the owner admitted it probably made the bike worth less, rather than more (he ran a bike tour company in the UK and rotated the bikes every 2 years so had sold a lot of WR250s...).

Thread Information