Thread: Places to ride a trials bike in the Hamilton area?

Bike
    GasGas 250 TXT, Honda TLR

Places to ride a trials bike in the Hamilton area?

I have recently bought my daughter a trials bike and was wondering if there are any places in the Hamilton area that allows the use of trials bikes. Don't mind
    paying - any advice appreciated.
    Thx

Bike
    TF125
    You should get in touch with Carver, he knows some good locations.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    You should get in touch with Carver, he knows some good locations.
    beat me to it ya bugger
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Yamaha TZR 5o, Beta evo 2010

Thumbs up

You could also contact Jim Henderson Ph: 07 823 6888 Mob: 027 366 5842
    Email: jim1@xtra.co.nz he is the Moto trials commissioner for mnz. As the number suggests he lives in your area. The Hamilton club is putting on the NZ champs this year so some of them maybe doing a bit of riding before then.
    You or your son may not be into the competition stuff but just riding around the property of an event and watching you will learn heaps.
    Most no ALL of the people will go out of there way to give you tips. Plus there are a number of young riders both male and female in your area, hopefully that may inspire your son a little as well.
    Hope he enjoys his new bike, is it a Gasgas, Sherco, Beta, or ....?

Bike
    Thanks to you all for the info it's appreciated. I will follow up these leads.
    It's my daughter who has the bike, she has a Oset. These are powered by an electrical motor and as an intro into trials riding are great.
    Once again thanks:-)

There are a couple of low key trials coming soon - on the 28th is an Aircooled Trial at McDonald Mine Rd just out of Huntly,space for a young girl to play at that one. On the 4th Sept is the Fathers Day Trial,I'm not sure of the venue - maybe at the Mercer MX track,or the Chicken Farm on Mercer Ferry Rd.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    There are a couple of low key trials coming soon - on the 28th is an Aircooled Trial at McDonald Mine Rd just out of Huntly,space for a young girl to play at that one. On the 4th Sept is the Fathers Day Trial,I'm not sure of the venue - maybe at the Mercer MX track,or the Chicken Farm on Mercer Ferry Rd.
    Thx Motu
    Whats the deal with riding at these events? She is probably too young to participate at 6! Would she be able to just ride between sections?
    I have a twin shock and might have a ride. Would I need a license, membership etc?
    Many thanks

Officially you need a club membership and competition license,and you can get a day license at the venue. Someone new? Just come along and ride,they'll sort you on the day.

Your daughter may have a little trouble getting around on the Oset - everyone will be stopping her for a look at her bike! Maybe I will see you there.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Yamaha TZR 5o, Beta evo 2010
    agricon sorry should have read/looked again at what you typed

The oset is a great little bike, friend of mine's son had one, the 12v one I think. He got heaps of skills from it, was able to do stand up doughies at the age of 3 and a half (was a slight down hill into a barn with dust on the ground, but he was able to do it on comand) it was crazy as.
    May need to get a spare battery as most of the people I know have one, they just dont seem to last on the up hills that well.

Bike
    Trialing it
    No problem, she wasn't too offended
    The bike is great for learning on and gaining confidence. It is a 24 volt version with 16" wheels and so far the batteries haven't let us down. I am aware though that at some time I will be let down.
    A guy in the US changed the batteries for LiPo (Lithium Polymer) batteries. These offer twice the run time as well as a weight saving. The downside is that they are not as stable as Std batteries when it comes to charging.
    Anyway it's something to be thinking about.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    Hey Motu
    Can you give me the details of the clubs organizing the two low key trials events? You can send a pm if you prefer.
    Cheers

PM sent - I'll email you the entry.
    Waging war with society

Waging war with society

Thread Information